• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GAMEDAY: SF vs Carlton

Demonland

8 minutes ago, Red But Mostly Blue said:

It's D Day! The sun is shining!☀️

It's a year on since we were bundled out of the finals at home... 

...IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN

We're such a good side that even our classic/frustrating 1-2 qtr efforts have been enough to see off competitors. Most losses, we have beaten ourselves, or been dudded by ARC. We have dealt with limited/no forwards, so much so that we had to tap into a (seriously good) oldie but a goodie in Melk and a backman to keep us going. Even without them we have found ways to win. 

We will be propelled by a desire to right last year's (and indeed last week's) wrong. We will be fuelled by Gus. We will continue our quest to add another premiership for this amazing club. 

Won't be easy, the Blues are travelling well. Just needs buy in from everyone. Heart. And fire from the first bounce. 

I've had my ups and downs this week since Thurs, but we're here now and it just feels right.

Dees by 19 pts. 

Love it. Can you please post that again in audio, together with the Melbourne theme song please? I will then play it on repeat for my 2+ hour trip to the G today. 🤗

• Haha 5

Just now, dl4e said:

The ruck situation.

We have a ruck that gets better with more game time.  The 10 percent of time Gawn doesn't ruck, tmac  smith or even Tomlinson can go in.

What do you do bring in some one that is ineffective up forward to ruck for 15mins a game

• Like 3

Melbourne need to come out fast and angry. Tackle relentlessly and apply the pressure that we're admired for. Carlton will buckle.

Does anyone know if  Tricky Gil has appointed umpires known for their love for Carlton AKA Curnow?

Id put nothing nothing past that fake administrator. Why is he still hanging around. I still havent heard Dillon speak. His he a deaf mute?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Brownie said:

We do have a forward system @beelzebub, it's called "kick it to the clump!"

My bad.... how could i forget such genius 😉

Well alrighty then....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IRW said:

Goodwin won't win ...again  ( blues banner)

Do better to concentrate on the opposition 22 imo

Our banner isn’t at all concerned with the opposition. We’re using our space wisely, including a shoutout to Gussy and Hibbo. Oh, and THE MOST amazing graphic thus far. A montage of players: Kozzie and my absolute favourite inclusion… three of the “lesser lights” in Nibs, Smithy and Spaz. Not a Maxy, Tracc or Clarrie in sight. 😁

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Clap 1

5 minutes ago, Deebauched said:

Does anyone know if  Tricky Gil has appointed umpires known for their love for Carlton AKA Curnow?

We have the distinct displeasure of having Nathan Williamson (#22) officiating tonight. So get ready for Free kick, Carlton. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Our banner isn’t at all concerned with the opposition. We’re using our space wisely, including a shoutout to Gussy and Hibbo. Oh, and THE MOST amazing graphic thus far. A montage of players: Kozzie and my absolute favourite inclusion… three of the “lesser lights” in Nibs, Smithy and Spaz. Not a Maxy, Tracc or Clarrie in sight. 😁

I always look forward to the banner @WalkingCivilWar. Right up there with 'Max the Magnificent' rolling into his right boot from just outside the hotdog stand and slotting one to drive the death nail into the Carlsum coffin.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

And hopping Kosi does the same tonight . . . I'll loose my sh&t either way.

• Clap 1

1 hour ago, Young Angus said:

Surely Schache or Grundy sub right???  Why do we have Schache if we didn't put him in this week FFS??!?!

no idea why we have Schache on the list. But he should not get near the senior team, especially in finals

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

The great sports photographer,  Michael Willson, has an exhibition of his work currently. I would pay to see one with pic of the of the Demon Army banners over the years. 

True artistic genius. 😘

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

Getting huge vibes of us vs Hawthorn semi in 2018. They are where we were and we are walking wounded and arguably on the decline, as Hawthorn were. I hope I'm wrong. 

We’re hardly on the decline, we’ve got a great list with plenty of youngsters, amazing draft picks and Shane McAdam in the way. Plenty to be excited about.

• Like 9

We must play like there’s no tomorrow, because there is no ‘tomorrow’.  If we’re all switched on to this mindset, and play as a team, we will win. I know we have it in us, we just need to produce it.  Dees by 9 pts.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

11 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

At least nobody is on weather watch today

I kinda am, Jaded. I just need to think about the sun and I’m burnt to a crisp. There isn’t a sunscreen on the planet that can protect me, unless someone’s invented SPF10,000 overnight. As a fellow-ranga I’m sure you hear me, amirite?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Palace Dees said:

The great sports photographer,  Michael Willson, has an exhibition of his work currently. I would pay to see one with pic of the of the Demon Army banners over the years. 

True artistic genius. 😘

So cool to hear feedback like this. And now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to tell my comrades what you’ve just said. 😊

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

It was all set up for us.

Had we gone through to the prelim we were playing either a banged up Port Adelaide or GWS giants off a 6 day break. 

This is why I'm not one bit confident tonight now. Just think the players will be mentally cooked from last Thursday as well as the emotional tool from the Brayshaw saga.

I’m confident we’ll win and I’ll be happy, but not excited. For me tonight should be a formality considering our list and experience. My excitement will return should we bother to show up against the Lions.

Edited by Bombay Airconditioning

6 hours ago, Engorged Onion said:

Yeah, but

a) it will be great debate next year when we are top 4 again  and the heightened anxiety around can we be the first to go out 3x straight sets - I mean "how embarrassment!"

b) The thread of When will Melbourne break these Embarrassing Records, will get another notch.

yes   must avoid the reputation of soft in finals ..  which we are not but the outside world will think that

1 minute ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

I’m confident we’ll win and I’ll be happy, but not excited. For me tonight should be a formality considering our list and experience. My excitement will return should we bother to show up against the Lions.

Wow mate you are in for disappointment if you think this is a formality.

They have a terrific list, several gamebreakers (Brownlow medallist, Coleman medallist) and have lost one game in 3 months. 

What is it Super funds say? Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance? It's no wonder they need to say it so often, people just assume the status quo will continue forever. 

9 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

Wow mate you are in for disappointment if you think this is a formality.

They have a terrific list, several gamebreakers (Brownlow medallist, Coleman medallist) and have lost one game in 3 months. 

What is it Super funds say? Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance? It's no wonder they need to say it so often, people just assume the status quo will continue forever. 

Agreed, however I did say “should be” a formality.