Maynard must get at least four weeks

leave it to deever

5 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

How about letting people vent ffs?!?!

Wishing ill on an opposition player is quite natural when you’re a passionate af supporter and your team’s just been screwed over in such a way. I’m wishing ill on the whole [censored] Collingwood team right now. I’m sure I’m not alone. 

I’m with you WCW - I wish them all nothing but pain and anguish. The karma bus is on the way - I can feel it.

• Like 8
  • Clap 1

2 minutes ago, leucopogon said:

Yeah that was the biggest dog act. I will never forgive or forget that one either. If I ever see Michael Long in the street I will remind him that he is and always will be a gutless sniper.

Correct still my most hated player l turn away or switch off when he is on prob vote no cause he wants me to vote yes.   Will make decision on the day

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

In clearing Maynard, chairman Jeff Gleeson said it was reasonable for Maynard to expect some impact when he decided to smother, but it was not inevitable.

"We are not at all satisfied that a reasonable player would have foreseen that violent impact, or impact of the type suffered by Brayshaw, was inevitable, or even likely," Gleeson said.

Are these clowns for real?

Bizarre stuff. The importance of games to be missed is totally irrelevant. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

5 minutes ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Does anyone know the deadline for when the AFL can appeal? 

They won't... this has all been an AFL producton.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1
  • Angry 2
  • Vomit 2

16 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Glad that [censored] show is over.

Can now totally focus on Friday night and hope like hell we win!

So you think he should have got off huh Dazz?

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

3 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

Has anyone on here read the findings. This line.

Brayshaw could’ve executed his kick in a different direction or in a different manner, landed in a different manner or in a slightly different location.

Na no way thats in the report

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

Brayshaw could’ve executed his kick in a different direction or in a different manner, landed in a different manner or in a slightly different location.

So not only did the Collingwood lawyer go down the victim blaming path, the tribunal did as well?

FMD what a joke.

• Thanks 1
  • Clap 1
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 2

11 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

Just a reminder this is the [censored] the Tribunal just cleared:

Yep... the [censored] has form 

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

10 minutes ago, kallangurdemon said:

Martin will wish his case went first and I would have expected Carlton to have agitated for this .Sadly and completely unjustly he will be offered to the public by the AFL as the sacrifice for Maynard decision.Martin  now does not have a chance and is not playing Friday night.

Jeez, he never had a chance of getting off regardless of whether his case was heard first or second. If he gets off for that, I'm officially calling for the madness to stop.

Edited by leucopogon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I didn’t say injure him I said test it out. Exactly the same way Cox tested out Gawn’s ribs and Trac’s knee and not one [censored] person at AFL house blinked an eye. 

If it’s fine to run full speed at a player and jump and collect their head, then surely it’s fine to test out the injury of an opponent on the field. AFL says everything is fair game. 

Ok cool.

@WalkingCivilWar @gregdemon

The next time we play the pies and some Collingwood player ‘tests’ out JVR’s jaw with their elbow, then I trust you’ll be all there saying whatever injury that happens is fair retribution and supporting Collingwood supporters pointing to his suspension is as why he deserves it. 

I don’t agree with this call, I don’t like that Cox did that to Maxy, but maintain a bit of dignity and be better than dog Collingwood supporters? 

Jadeds post was wishing (its implicit in the statement ‘test out that mangled arm’) Howe physical harm, that’s not on. 

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

4 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

She asked for it 

• Like 7
  • Clap 1

2 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

What the actual f? 

He just kicked the footy and landed how he landed. What the hell is going on? 

What logical person thinks he would seek out the contact? 

Why is a hypothetical movement of the victim even a consideration?

"Yes, the man was shot in the chest. But he ran away from the shooter - if he'd just stood still the shooter might have missed. Ergo, its his own fault".

The victim was playing the game the way it's meant to be played?!?! 

I am losing my mind over this - what the hell is going on?!?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

Yeah, Gus should be suspended for 4 weeks for causing that

🙄

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

AFL tribunal caved in to media pressure to clear Maynard. Shows the power of propaganda. 

A lie is lived.

• Like 1