GAMEDAY: Rd 21 VS North Melbourne

Demonland

2 minutes ago, BDA said:

North are putrid. 17 game losing streak remember. We're going to belt them.

Dees by 60+

Famous last words. West Coast won't win a game, The Hawks are tanking etc. If the Melbourne player believe North are putrid we will lose. Any team can beat any team on their day. We all know what should happen today but how often do you see team thinking about next week "Carlton" because this week is easy. Respect your opponent or pay the price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, WheeloRatings said:

@Rab D Nesbitt

There's information and crossing times on the Derwent Ferries website:

https://derwentferries.com.au/timetable/

Thx Wheelo. I’ve already cabbed it over and am ensconced at table in the sun at the Waterfront Hotel. Happy hour between 5-6pm for anyone on the late flight home. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

Famous last words. West Coast won't win a game, The Hawks are tanking etc. If the Melbourne player believe North are putrid we will lose. Any team can beat any team on their day. We all know what should happen today but how often do you see team thinking about next week "Carlton" because this week is easy. Respect your opponent or pay the price.

Your comment is based on the premise we won't respect them.

We have the bit between our teeth now. The momentum is all with us. Players are playing for spots in a finals team.

I've no doubt we will respect North today, play well and beat them well.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

New coach factor doesnt apply today. Clarkson coached Norff early in the season then spat the dummy and fled overseas.

No fiddling about or hollywood handpasses today. Get it  done dees and we'll be 2nd ---with any luck.

Edited by Deebauched
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Deebauched said:

New coach factor doesnt apply today. Clarkson coached Norff early in the season then spat the dummy and fled overseas.

No fiddling about or hollywood handpasses today. Get  done dees and we'll be 2nd ---with any luck.

Thats the point switched on from the start. Oh and the welcome back coach will mean a lot to North players. 

• Like 1

Hope to see a lot more from Jordan and Harmes today as this is probably the last opportunity (for one of them) to impress.

Dees by the length of the Derwent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Thx Wheelo. I’ve already cabbed it over and am ensconced at table in the sun at the Waterfront Hotel. Happy hour between 5-6pm for anyone on the late flight home. 

There will be a lot of red and blue around you soon if not already. 2021 it was 90% MFC in there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

The booth at the wharf no longer sell ferry tix to the game. Called up the operator and they didn’t know either! Said there’s supposed to be a couple of crossing before and after the game and it was free if you have a game day ticket. Couldn’t tell me any times though so none the wiser really. Will probably get a cab. 

I wanted to get the ferry a couple of years ago but it appears as if they operate in secret.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

FYI the Waterfront Hotel doesn’t have Foxtel. To watch the Freo v Bears game after ours you’ll need to walk 20 mins down the other end of Clarence St to the Shoreline Hotel which has a sports bar. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YearOfTheDees said:

The talk about his team not being good enough etc very unlike Clarkson, `I've never heard him talk his team down like that. 

"We know we're still nowhere near good enough to compete with the really strong clubs in the competition"  

Gee we've got not chance now 😂

will be happy with a professional 42 point win

want to see petty and roo dominate as tall forwards again to bank last week's performance

our weight of power thru the midfield should be too much for the kangas you would think, but i'm not expecting to be quite as easy as last time we played them

• Like 2

I was trying to figure out the exact line it would take for North's percentage to drop below West Coast and it really shocked me as an illustration of just how bad both teams have been this season - I punched in some round numbers just to get a rough idea... we could beat North 170 to 45 (making their for-against 1350 and 2100) and it would only knock about 3 percentage points off.

And despite that, as always, respect the opposition because the margin from best to worst at this level is always small. Nobody is allowed an off day at the Olympics.

Lol... just ask Colliwobbles about it.

• Thanks 1

On route to the waterfront now for a couple of pre game refreshments. 
Let’s hope for a better start than last time we played North here. We were behind at half time with Tommo doing his ACL in first quarter. 

Dees by 45  with Petty to kick 4. 

Edit. Just looked at the betting odds for the above. $11. I’ll have a bit of that I think. 

Edited by Colm
  • Like 4

We will be in 2nd spot after the first 5 mins.

(Oh the arrogance) ....love it.

Go Dees

Plugger Petty to kick 5 !

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

Thats the point switched on from the start. Oh and the welcome back coach will mean a lot to North players. 

The coach that was there for like 8 games then buggered off? I doubt they care. 

• Like 1