Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 15 vs Geelong

Demonland

1 hour ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

Does that mean all Geelong home games will be at Kardinia Park? That is at least logical (so the AFL will find a way around it! :-) )

No

Geelong puts in a list of those teams it wants to play at the MCG.

We're not on it

In simple terms if you can't guarantee 70k at the MCG they're not interested.

Essendon is an anomaly this year due to their unexpected good form.

Going forward if Geelong falters they may well elect to play a few more down there.

Some of the clubs at Docklands could make a fortune if they had a similar stadium deal. Unfortunately the commercial in confidence aspects means we'll never know

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Diamond_Jim said:

No

We're not on it

Going forward if Geelong falters they may well elect to play a few more down there.

Some of the clubs at Docklands could make a fortune if they had a similar stadium deal. Unfortunately the commercial in confidence aspects means we'll never know

Thanks. It is arrangements like this that put the "fix" in the fixture ...

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

16 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

No

We're not on it

How about we get a home game against them every once in a while?

• Like 1
  • Clap 2

On 6/12/2023 at 6:36 PM, adonski said:

IN: Oliver, Petty

OUT: Spargo, Smith

Big SparGod fan but Chandler presents more upside. ANBs photographic collection of Goody ensures he remains in the 22, too.

Smith unlucky

Can't drop Smitty surely? give a brother a chance, he played his role to a tea.

Edited by YesitwasaWin4theAges
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Roost it far said:

If Smith continues his improving form where does Petty play? Can we have 3 talls forward and play the rucks behind the ball?

I think we have to try it at some point to really know the answer 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

Thought Smith was fine, but Petty is just the better player

10 minutes ago, adonski said:

Thought Smith was fine, but Petty is just the better player

Not completely sold on this adonski.  Petty has not set the place on fire when playing this season to date and I reckon Smith is showing more as a forward than Petty has. Smith has that X factor that I like and can do some crazy things, sometimes to our benefit and others not so. His marking was good and gives us a different look. Happy for Petty to go back but whose place does he take?. Reckon it's best if Petty has another weeks rest to be cherry ripe for run home.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Docs Demons said:

Not completely sold on this adonski.  Petty has not set the place on fire when playing this season to date and I reckon Smith is showing more as a forward than Petty has. Smith has that X factor that I like and can do some crazy things, sometimes to our benefit and others not so. His marking was good and gives us a different look. Happy for Petty to go back but whose place does he take?. Reckon it's best if Petty has another weeks rest to be cherry ripe for run home.

Could we play Petty with Smith??

• Like 2

4 hours ago, demoncat said:

Am I correct that there is an option to buy tickets to this game in the designated ‘opposition member bays’? 

A very helpful Demonlander sent me a link to purchase these tickets for our game at GMHBA last year - was hoping that if this is still the case someone may have access to that link as I can’t for the life of me find anything about it online!

Yes. I bought 4 tickets today in the tiny away members section. On Ticketmaster via AFL site; password is “awaymember23”. Club gave it to me when I called. Might be all gone now.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

I’m not arguing about playing in Geelong.

Im arguing that this year, when the crowd capacity is halved, it makes absolutely no sense. 30,000 Geelong members are locked out too. It’s not just about us.

The stand was originally meant to be ready during this season and was pushed back due to steel defects, so the i believe the fixture was done with 40k in mind

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Clayton spirit said:

The stand was originally meant to be ready during this season and was pushed back due to steel defects, so the i believe the fixture was done with 40k in mind

That’s interesting. I would have thought the club and AFL had 6 months to make alternative arrangements. They clearly couldn’t be bothered.

I hope Essendon supporters create hell for the AFL about it. We are just conditioned to go there so don’t think anything of it, but it’s garbage that a potential extra 60,000 people can’t see 2 games of football.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adonski said:

Could we play Petty with Smith??

Only if JVR is sent to the 2nds or the resting ruck is off the ground or behind the ball. 

It wouldn’t be the worst setup and I think will exhaust every forward combination possible that the club could implement.

I really liked Smith in the forward line - it just felt so much more mobile than BBB and TMac. He has to play for the next 2-3 games to work out whether he settles there. 

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

4 hours ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

Agree on Smith. He was very good. But it’s “to a T”.

(Sorry, I’m trying to get over this pedantry, but it’s a struggle.)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I have no problem with the Cats having their own ground as it’s boring having nine Victorian teams playing out of the same two grounds every week. One of which is pretty soulless. I’d prefer that the likes of Collingwood get their turn to go down there though and perhaps they will if Geelong can have eleven games there with a 40k capacity. 

Moving it to the G on a Thursday night won’t attract 70k as it’s inconvenient for their local supporters and ours won’t turn up because it’s cold or at night or whatever. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Clayton spirit said:

Our two club have about 130,000 combined members. 
In what world do we deserve to play in a 40k capacity stadium, when we absolutely would get more than 40,000 spectators to the game if it was played at the MCG?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I hear everyone. But the argument the way is nobody from Geelong gets on the v-line for a Thursday night game at the G robbing their members and in essence making it a Melbourne home game.

We would definitely have a case if the game was on any other day/time, perhaps that is why they insisted with a Thursday night game.

That's a fair call. The reality is I think , it's just not a great venue for a Thursday night game for other Melbourne based teams. Might as well be an interstate one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

I have no problem with the Cats having their own ground as it’s boring having nine Victorian teams playing out of the same two grounds every week. One of which is pretty soulless. I’d prefer that the likes of Collingwood get their turn to go down there though and perhaps they will if Geelong can have eleven games there with a 40k capacity. 

Moving it to the G on a Thursday night won’t attract 70k as it’s inconvenient for their local supporters and ours won’t turn up because it’s cold or at night or whatever. 

I don't either. I do believe the kardinia home advantage has made the cats more successful over the years than if they had the G as a base. They have an amazing win ratio there.

But good luck to them. Other interstate clubs fare well at their home grounds. 

I do find that us pencilled in to play their every year is not fair to us when other clubs never go there. And a Thursday night game makes for unrealistic travel expectations for Mfc supporters.

Any way, it's a mute point as I think we will give them a good dusting.

Max to do what Max does to the Gfc.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, demoncat said:

Am I correct that there is an option to buy tickets to this game in the designated ‘opposition member bays’? 

A very helpful Demonlander sent me a link to purchase these tickets for our game at GMHBA last year - was hoping that if this is still the case someone may have access to that link as I can’t for the life of me find anything about it online!

we need more designated member bays for filth games too

image.jpeg.221b8a13bbec0b1bdee10bfe575b8659.jpeg