POSTGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Demonland

39 minutes ago, binman said:

Points for the double sledge. Impressive in only 17 words.

Bonus points towards the time-honored annual DL troll award - the Olisik - for the excellent use of the underrated backhanded compliment technique. 

It's a crowded leader board Cranky, but you're in with good shot of winning this year's Olisik if you can stay focused.

I'll do my best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

I'll do my best.

You can only do your best.

But a heads up, you might want to up your ratings as you are not currently favoitite to win the Osilik.

Perhaps do a bit of load posting on Big Footy to build your troll tank for the back half of the season.  

• Haha 4
  • Clap 1

29 minutes ago, Macca said:

I disagree on Brayshaw

I see him as one of the first picked and I don't play favourites (nor do I ever have anyone in the gun)

After a couple of errors early Brayshaw's disposal levels (in traffic) was impeccable

He got it 24 times too so at 83% DE that means he was only inneficient 4 times

That's elite cinsidering he was in traffic a lot of the time

Petracca went at 50% out of traffic

So who used the ball better overall out of those 2?  And where's the critical analysis of Petracca?

To the eye Tomlinson used the ball well with his 15 possesions ... DE rating of 93% so there's the confirmation

To be fair, you have to be fair so no cherry picking AF

Highlighting mistakes is one thing but not acknowledging good play is disingenuous

Again though, you're talking about disposal efficiency and mistakes. I'm talking about his role in the team if we're at full strength. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, binman said:

You can only do your best.

But a heads up, you might want to up your ratings as you are not currently favoitite to win the Osilik.

Perhaps do a bit of load posting on Big Footy to build your troll tank for the back half of the season.  

Ouch.

12 minutes ago, binman said:

That's to say the dees players get the rest of this working week off (four days), have their weekend and back on deck next Monday like the Pies. 

Not sure if Monday would be their start date.

I assume Saturday would be their post match review day, and Monday for the main training at Casey.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Not sure if Monday would be their start date.

I assume Saturday would be their post match review day, and Monday for the main training at Casey.

Well back on Saturday would certainly explain jack's expression!

I thought i recall there being some rule players can't be expected to be at the club on weekends when they are not playing. 

Might well be imagining that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Crow Batty said:

Smith’s career has been ruined by injuries. Plays 2 or 3 games then out for months with injuries. Never had a chance to establish himself as a regular. 

I mean that’s hardly earth shattering news. My point is …he earned his place in the side …he wasn’t overlooked by the coaching team & I very much hope he can get a good run at it because he can be a very valuable player for us ….

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, binman said:

I thought i recall there being some rule players can't be expected to be at the club on weekends when they are not playing

You could be right about no weekends, I don't know.

I expect that the week leading up to the match is of the normal routine type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, binman said:

He was also our fourth highest player for individual pressure points:

(Weighed sum of pressure acts. Physical pressure acts are worth 3.75 points, closing acts are worth 2.25 points, chasing acts are 1.5 points and corralling are 1.2. https://www.championdata.com/glossary/afl/)

Petracca: 74
Viney: 65
Neal-Bullen: 59
Pickett: 43
Sparrow: 40
Chandler: 40
Langdon: 40
van Rooyen: 37
Brayshaw: 33

Where did you get this data from @binman?

6 hours ago, layzie said:

Finally a birthday not ruined by yesterday's game. 

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAYZ!!!! 
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Thought of you yesterday since I know your birthday is around QB time and was happy for you not having Collingwood rain on your parade.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY! 💖

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, speed demon said:

Lots of great posts in this thread but this one is my favourite.

Convincingly beat the premiership favourites and this is the first post in the postgame thread!

Timing is everything in comedy!

I have come to the conclusion that some people just see things differently. I would not at all be surprised if there were people out there that would find fault or perhaps an opportunity for improvement with say a couple having sex who manage to pull it off (excuse the pun) and come at the exact same time. Ladies first?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

Does anyone know how long the break for the bye will be and how they plan to use it?

I was told but can’t remember when they’re all expected to reconvene. But I do know that they are free to do whatever they like in the meantime. A group of them flew out to the Gold Coast straight after the match last night. After all, it IS a break. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I was told but can’t remember when they’re all expected to reconvene. But I do know that they are free to do whatever they like in the meantime. A group of them flew out to the Gold Coast straight after the match last night. After all, it IS a break. 

Player have four days off to refresh themselves.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, A F said:

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'll put it here.

Gus started the game horribly, including being responsible for Crisp at the stoppage in D50 when Crisp goalled. 

Gus then worked himself into the game and had a couple of important clearances.

The final Collingwood goal from a D50 stoppage though, Gus is again responsible for Daicos. And like the Crisp D50 stoppage goal, Gus was left ball-watching or simply too slow.

I worry about Gus, because I'm not sure there's a position for him when we have both wings covered, Salem back in the team and Oliver back in the team.

He's a good reader of the play, but he's not quick and he's not a good user by foot either. He's wonderfully courageous, but I do wonder where he fits when/if we're at full strength.

Is it just me?

I think we use him as the 7th mid playing a mix of wing and on ball. Sparrow, Petracca, Viney, Langdon all take stints on a forward flank and we go in with one less small forward. Especially if we play Smith as the second tall.

But there’s an argument he could even be the sub which would be a luxury. The sub is really growing in importance. JJ was very impactful when he came on.

The reality is teams are never full strength for long in the AFL.

Sling tackles alone are ruling out a few players a week across the competition.

And regardless of whether you think the current backline structure should stay exactly as is I’d be surprised if there’s not resting the veterans (we already know Hibbo will be) and possibly Juddy.

• Like 2

Mason “Bag Of” Cox said on his podcast today that Trac apologised to HIM and he’s accepted it. SEN just discussed it. What was said will remain between the players. 

Edited by Mel Bourne
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, A F said:

Again though, you're talking about disposal efficiency and mistakes. I'm talking about his role in the team if we're at full strength. 

He's got a fundamental role in the team as he is easily our best utility.  Can play a number of roles even at half forward if required

He's Mr Versatlity who once again had 20 efficient disposals yesterday

He'd be a coach's dream

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

Cox is becoming a very unlikable footballer. All the publicity he is getting is going to his head.

Yeah he’s not exactly on my Xmas card list. But in this instance Trac seems to have put his hand up for being at fault. 

6 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

Mason “Bag Of” Cox said on his podcast today that Trac apologised to HIM and he’s accepted it. 

I've noticed Tracc being a grumpy of late.

Hope he got under the skin of Cox.

If he is going to be a protector and enforcer, look out opponents. 

Much less smiles and how you do's, more "go to war" at the appropriate time.

• Like 3

Anyone pick up on Darcy Moore's arm grabbing technique mid air i think both against Fritta?

Pretty sure one was in the 2nd and the last one was in the 4th quarter.

Alan Richardson should getting on the blower to the umpires boss and making them aware of this infringement technique.

Clear free kicks 30 m out both of them, probably would have missed on the day though, but it's besides the point.

Can't believe those two weren't seen, clear grabbing on the hand in a pull down motion mid air.

• Like 5