• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Targets 2023

Turner

49 minutes ago, Ungarieboy said:

We need midfielders

Just look at Casey's preferred midfield, to understand why.

And if your still in doubt, look beyond our top 3 (Oliver, Trac, Viney) and it drops away quick.

I think our midfield has held up pretty well in Oliver's absence. I'm not sure how deep you expect it to run. Sparrow, Pickett, Rivers, McVee? Jordan, ANB, Spargo can all go through there. I'm expecting the big 3 to play a lot of minutes in there come finals. Exciting!

• Like 2

Would love to see our first rounders utilised on talent rather than shoehorning a trade to fit a deal just because it’s there. A cheap (although I’d assume he’d get other bids to drive the price up) Georgiadis would be good, but a drafted Nate caddy could be so much more. With brown McDonald Schache Van Rooyen and Jefferson on the list, it’s a squeeze but the two oldest will likely not be renewed beyond next year. 
If the freo death ride can land us caddy, I for one will be ecstatic. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roost it far said:

I think our midfield has held up pretty well in Oliver's absence. I'm not sure how deep you expect it to run. Sparrow, Pickett, Rivers, McVee? Jordan, ANB, Spargo can all go through there. I'm expecting the big 3 to play a lot of minutes in there come finals. Exciting!

Sparrow and Jordan are the only true midfielders there. The others spend minimal time there and wouldn't really concern tne opposition  Note we regularly lose tbe clearances which may be because our backup is not as strong as we think; or perhaps its our first string!!!!

Note; Munro, White and Duncan are the preferred midfielders at Casey.

Actually Brayshaw and Harmes are realistically our backup depth.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 10:41 AM, Redleg said:

Would be good but wont be cheap and will probably stay.  Can't recall too many good ones leaving the Bombers.

Thats coz they dont have many good ones to leave!

• Haha 1
  • Clap 1

Two main targets for me are Mitch Georgiades and Sam Flanders 

midfielder Sam Flanders is reportedly on the radar of multiple clubs as the cessation of his contract with the Queensland club nears.

Flanders joined the Suns as the 11th overall pick in the 2019 National Draft and has managed 34 games since making his debut in 2020.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

midfielder Sam Flanders is reportedly on the radar of multiple clubs as the cessation of his contract with the Queensland club nears.

Flanders joined the Suns as the 11th overall pick in the 2019 National Draft and has managed 34 games since making his debut in 2020.

Nope nope nope nope nope. Flanders is not AFL quality I’m afraid.

The fact that I want him to return to play for Fish Creek next year doesn’t cloud my judgement at all 😜

• Haha 3

On 6/30/2023 at 12:27 PM, Grand New Flag said:

The club is flirting with Mitch Georgiades

On 6/30/2023 at 1:00 PM, Wells 11 said:

Interesting. If there was ever a time to go at him it's now. It's a risk obviously given his knee but it shouldn't cost the earth the earth either with that in mind. 

I am unsurprised by this.

A good time to try and get him on the cheap. We were very keen to draft him and just missed out. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

On 6/30/2023 at 12:05 PM, Lord Travis said:

They should forego free agency. Free agency sucks and the game is worse for it. It's essentially just widened the gaps between the strong clubs and the weak clubs. It's not worked as intended and has hindered the league. Everyone except the rich players and rich clubs would benefit from getting rid of free agency and rolling back to trade rules from the early 2000s. We've already got overly complex [censored] like point ratings of picks and trading future picks etc. It's convoluted unfair rubbish and more and more people are turning on what the "sport" is becoming.

Being traded against their will would suck too. Imagine signing a contract to work for company X in Victoria, only to be told sorry pack up your life and move your family to WA to work for competing company Z. [censored] off the relationships you have with your colleagues and leaders, start over against your will and do it quickly. Players would rightly just say [censored] off and sit out instead.

If clubs were able to trade players against their will and had a mid season trade period, I'd probably stop following AFL and stop supporting Melbourne after investing decades and $10,000s towards the club. Clubs would essentially just buy premierships. Imagine trading in stars like Curnow or Toby Greene from teams not in finals contention. It might be unpredictable and exciting, but it would be ****house and destroy any integrity of the competition. If a club did that and won the premiership, you'd look at that flag and put an asterisk next to it that they just bought it and it's illegitimate. If that became the status quo, then people would stop following clubs and start following players instead. 

Just because other sports in other countries have different trading rules, doesn't mean we should. Our game is better than theirs for a number of reasons, and the salary cap and restrictive trade rules are key positive differentiators to pathetic trash sports and leagues like the EPL.

I seem to recall that free-agency came about so that the courts would not see the AFL rules as an undue restraint of trade.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Why? Flanders has always been a ball butcher. I wonder if he'll even make it. 

Georgiades is not a key forward. Less skilful version of Fritta. 

Not what we need.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dee-tox said:

Why? Flanders has always been a ball butcher. I wonder if he'll even make it. 

Georgiades is not a key forward. Less skilful version of Fritta. 

Not what we need.

Thanks Deetox. Flanders seemed to be in good control of his disposal v Pies even under the heat of the pies Mids.   I’m thinking who’s available and might not cost us either of our 2x first round picks. He might be gettable for a future 2nd round. 

• Like 1

Via the AFL site

GEELONG youngster Max Holmes has become a target for rival clubs after his fantastic start to the year, despite the impressive midfielder still being contracted at the Cats for next season.

Holmes signed a two-year deal last July, taking him through to 2024, but it hasn't deterred clubs from asking the question as to whether he would consider a move later this season.

Collingwood is among a handful of teams that is understood to have enquired about Holmes when he came out of contract last year, but he ultimately elected to stay and re-sign at GMHBA Stadium.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Clubs sniffing around Ginnivan. Doubtful it’s us but he would definitely add some flare.

The word you're looking for is "flair".

image.jpeg.fc97fc82113da7f1371699ad86bb4796.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2