NON-MFC: Rd 05 2023

Demonland

2 hours ago, DubDee said:

so leave the rubbish!  who gives AF?  better than you actually get a crowd in and demon supporters see their team, right?

would supporters really care if there is some rubbish around?

Or we could all gather round and pick up after oursleves?

Have you ever seen the amount of rubbish left after a match at any ground? It’s astounding. After our Sydney match I had to return to where I’d been sitting and the amount of rubbish in the empty stands was overwhelming. It’s way more than you’d imagine. You don’t notice it when there’s people there but it really is an eye opener. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deebauched said:

In Japan they have a vending machine that will give you  a tongue kiss. Better to do it there than feral Australia.

Have to admit Adelaide Crows are wearing a half decent outfit for once it even appears to have a collar.

Carltons away gear as usual is atrocious. Why do their supporters put up with it.

Alot of their players look like children.

I'm sure in America you can get divorce papers from a vending machine.

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, The Jackson FIX said:

They are the same ticket though, right? So if I’m a Port supporter and want to watch the Port game I also get a seat at the Melbourne game (which I would imagine many wouldn’t bother rocking up for). 

True …so I’ll watch the Dees &

def won’t hang around to watch Port 

• Haha 1

Blues defence 😬

Zone working well 🙄

Two way running / general effort 🤔

Selfless acts / Team first ethos 😵‍💫

No genuine (damaging) ruckman

Bit of a dog's breakfast really but apparently they're top 4 material (or better!) if you believe half of the media hype.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Blues defence 😬

Zone working well 🙄

Two way running / general effort 🤔

Selfless acts / Team first ethos 😵‍💫

No genuine (damaging) ruckman

Bit of a dog's breakfast really but apparently they're top 4 material (or better!) if you believe half of the media hype.

That's good I like seeing the media hype them up to watch them disappoint everyone!

• Like 1

How pumped were the Crows last night

Fantastic attack on the ball 

Made Carlton look second rate  Will be hard to beat if they bring that every week 

The look the fittest team by far Thanks Burgo!!!!😝

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Demonland said:

0DAFED29-71F9-4124-B28E-FBAC3BE89930.jpeg

Win tonight and beat port in a couple of weeks and we’ll be top of this table. If not for the special place Optus stadium holds this would be our favourite away ground.

If ever the granny can’t be held at the G again (God forbid) and we are playing, I want it played at Adelaide Oval. 

• Like 2

The other thing about the Blues... just their general pressure.

Bog ordinary all night without the pill.

Would love to have seen the pressure acts count and the pressure ratings during parts of that game.

7 might've shown the ratings... might have missed it.

The crows look good, especially with Tex /  Fogarty being allowed to get so many one v ones (the Blues don't drop off and assist very well or often!).  The Crows were also allowed to prance out of mid field alot under very low pressure hitting leads at will far too often.

Crow's defence is also pretty leaky for mine.

Edited by Demon Dynasty

10 hours ago, DEE fence said:

The conversation around * being better than Oliver just needs to end. You can count the games Clarry hasn't impacted on one hand. * has half a dozen every season. That Brownlow* last year was a total fraud. He can do special things when he wants, emphasis on 'He wants'.

Fixed it for you.

Edited by old55
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, DEE fence said:

The conversation around Cripps being better than Oliver just needs to end. You can count the games Clarry hasn't impacted on one hand. Cripps has half a dozen every season. That Brownlow last year was a total fraud. He can do special things when he wants, emphasis on 'He wants'.

I was really surprised at the lack of media coverage of his 150th game.  Nothing like the fawning over milestones for players like:  Stringer, Cripps, Bontepelli, De Goey etc etc. 

But I came across this by Barrett:

IF ...

true greatness can sometimes be present long before we fully appreciate it ...

THEN ...

embrace the remainder of Clayton Oliver's already extraordinary career. Still just 25, reached game 150 last weekend. Won a best and fairest in his second season (2017), and has won three more since. Three times All-Australian, twice the AFL Coaches Association's player of the year. If only fellow all-time Demon greats Christian Petracca and Maxxy Gawn stopped taking Brownlow votes off him, he would've won a couple of those, too.

High praise and much deserved but I didn't expect it from 'Purple'.   The media know how good Oliver but won't give him the respect and recognition he deserves.  

Doubt it phases Oliver, he likes things to be low key.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but two moments in the Adelaide v Carlton game really stuck out for me. Both of them were Carlton goal celebrations.

The first was Walsh. They were six goals down at the time and he's doing all these ridiculous hand gestures and celebration. You're six goals down mate. Stop celebrating and get on with getting back in the match.

It wasn't just that it was a celebration. It was the arrogance of the celebration. It's fine to celebrate goals, that's good, but you look like a muppet when you're six goals down and carrying on like that.

The other celebration is pretty much exactly the same as everything I've mentioned above, but in the third, when again, Carlton were like 4, 5 or 6 goals down. Motlop kicks a standard crumbing goal and then arrogantly gestures with his hand as if to indicate "on a platter".

Mate, you absolute nuff nuff. You're nowhere near hitting the front, you've barely touched it, let alone been dangerous most of the night, and your team is down a long way.

Carlton played like clowns and it would remain excellent if they continued to implode at every hurdle. Unfortunately, I think they could be a top 4 team this year, maybe a little Bradbury-like, but still, they have weapons. I think their problem at the moment is they think they're way better than they are. Their defence is suspect, their system is suspect, which means they're too reliant on McKay and Curnow to kick bags to win games. 

On that last point, we saw what happened to Richmond when system took charge and Riewoldt stopped being all about himself and just stuck to being a functional role player. We saw what happened when Melbourne players played disciplined roles in 2021 and they played to a tight defensive system. Carlton have none of this. I'd be staggered if they win a premiership until they sort the selflessness thing out.

Edited by A F
  • Like 9
  • Haha 3

"Relocate .
The people running the club are s**t.
s**t club.
History meaningless .
Throw the 16 cups i the bin.

Billionaires ****ed us 20 years ago and nothing has changed."

Just took the above of the paper baggers Big Footy forum.

I must admit, one of life's joys, is to watch Carlton supporters wallow in misery. 

LG !!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

That Fogarty kid is turning into a weapon. 
What a brute. I’m glad we’ve got May because there’s so many defenders in the league that just wouldn’t have the strength to contest a 1 v 1 with the Fog. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, McQueen said:

That Fogarty kid is turning into a weapon. 
What a brute. I’m glad we’ve got May because there’s so many defenders in the league that just wouldn’t have the strength to contest a 1 v 1 with the Fog. 

Great size, great strength, super kick. 

I'm a fan. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, layzie said:

Plowman is finished 

18 hours ago, dee-tox said:

Did he ever start?

18 hours ago, layzie said:

Good point 

He was a big Melbourne supporter before he was drafted from memory.

If memory serves me correct there was a rumour at the time that he and Todd Viney clashed in a pre draft interview so we were never going to draft him?

If true, great work Todd!

• Haha 1