• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Ticketing 2023

sue

On 4/4/2023 at 4:24 PM, adzz said:

Hi just wondering 

Melbourne vs tigers 

What end will the cheer squad be sitting 

Punt road end. 
Bays M3 and M4. 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar

7 hours ago, FearTheBeard said:

Additional tickets for gather round are going on sale at 12:30 Melbourne time today 

“Restricted view” applies. But great for those who missed out and would like to be there. 

37 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

“Restricted view” applies. But great for those who missed out and would like to be there. 

How can restricted view be good? Better to sit in the bar of a good hotel and watch on tv. Drinks are probably cheaper as well. 

1 hour ago, old dee said:

How can restricted view be good? Better to sit in the bar of a good hotel and watch on tv. Drinks are probably cheaper as well. 

Some people love the experience of being there at the ground regardless of how good or bad their seats are.

I just remembered something: I have a restricted view at every match. And not just because of flags and giant heads. Even when I’m in the front row, since the goalposts obscure our view. And there’s this one umpire, I can’t remember what number he wears but he simply cannot stay still for even a millisecond when the play is up the other end. He slowly paces and jiggles around and is so distracting. He even has the horrid Rafa Nadal habit of picking his underpants out of his Khyber Pass. But I wouldn’t wanna sit anywhere else. ❤️💙

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Not all of these tickets we're "Restricted View " applies.

Hopefully D/Lers read the MFC website email information if they were keen on going OR maybe some just gave up when they read about the "restricted view applies" as above.  

Despite the very honest  attempts to .provide accurate information for DLers by D/Lers I use and generally and universally trust the official Club email and other media forms.  The exception is from the Demonland posts which generally reports TV and radio plus print media and are reliable and trustworthy.

info from our posters is in effect a full range of a dogs breakfast up to a fine supper. 

But in Oz we have a choice to take a risk or not.

I love Demonland for the huge range of footy views, and so many other posts on the greatest Club we all love. 

If D/Lers are keen to post info to help others please double check your facts or put a spoiler for them to double  check.

42 minutes ago, old dee said:

In reality for most of our game you should be able to move seats easily.

Not sure how you can do it but if they are going to persist with double headers you may need to rethink ticketing.

One way is to use the Wimbledon system. *If you leave Wimbledon you get a pass out which you give to the Salvation army or similar on exit. They then sell the passout for ten quid. This would give perhaps an extra ten thousand seats for the second game and the charity gets $100k plus. If you reversed the order of the two games and put the more popular one first you might even get a better result. Combine with some entertainment in the park and you have an event

* Not sure if Wimbledon still operates on this system. I was there in the early 2000's

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, 58er said:

Not all of these tickets we're "Restricted View " applies.

Hopefully D/Lers read the MFC website email information if they were keen on going OR maybe some just gave up when they read about the "restricted view applies" as above.  

Despite the very honest  attempts to .provide accurate information for DLers by D/Lers I use and generally and universally trust the official Club email and other media forms.  The exception is from the Demonland posts which generally reports TV and radio plus print media and are reliable and trustworthy.

info from our posters is in effect a full range of a dogs breakfast up to a fine supper. 

But in Oz we have a choice to take a risk or not.

I love Demonland for the huge range of footy views, and so many other posts on the greatest Club we all love. 

If D/Lers are keen to post info to help others please double check your facts or put a spoiler for them to double  check.

Okaaaaay. I should’ve said “some restricted view applies”

Can I now assume my info has been upgraded from a dog’s breakfast to fine supper?

Cheers 😘

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Some people love the experience of being there at the ground regardless of how good or bad their seats are.

I just remembered something: I have a restricted view at every match. And not just because of flags and giant heads. Even when I’m in the front row, since the goalposts obscure our view. And there’s this one umpire, I can’t remember what number he wears but he simply cannot stay still for even a millisecond when the play is up the other end. He slowly paces and jiggles around and is so distracting. He even has the horrid Rafa Nadal habit of picking his underpants out of his Khyber Pass. But I wouldn’t wanna sit anywhere else. ❤️💙

I agree I would much rather be at the game. However there is no chance I would spend all the money required to see the game in Adelaide to then have a restricted view.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

the practice match at Casey against Richmond behind that cherry picker for the cameraman certainly gave us an idea of restricted view!!!

• Haha 1

I am planning to attend both the Anzac Eve and Kings Bday games.

I will most likely buy GA tickets. 

Is the area right behind the Demon Army GA (all of it in level 1).

I am always confused on what parts of the G are considered GA. I guess it is all areas outside of MCC reserve, AFL reserve and the Demons reserved seat areas.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

I am planning to attend both the Anzac Eve and Kings Bday games.

I will most likely buy GA tickets. 

Is the area right behind the Demon Army GA (all of it in level 1).

I am always confused on what parts of the G are considered GA. I guess it is all areas outside of MCC reserve, AFL reserve and the Demons reserved seat areas.

No it does not work like that. 

GA areas are parts of the ground where you will  be able to walk up on the night and sit anywhere in those bays.

However, for games like Anzac Eve and Kings Birthday all of level 1 will be pre-purchased reserved seating and parts of level 4 will be too. The MCG puts the GA areas up on its website 24 hours before the game.

The Demon Army will likely have all of bay M3 reserved for the Demon army and Melbourne supporters so you may be able to sit there.

If you want to make sure that you are close to them, reserve a seat in bay M2 which still has a little bit of availability.

The GA areas for Anzac Eve will likely be all on level 4: Q49-Q55 rows AA-MM, Q1-Q7, Q8-Q15 rows K-MM, Q29-Q36 (Based on current ticket sales)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Updated Expected GA areas for Anzac Eve - All Level 4

GSS: Q1-Q7, Q8-Q15 1/2 rows P-DD

Ponsford: Q29-Q30 all rows. Q31-Q36 rows M-MM

Olympic: Q49-Q55 rows U-MM (might end up rows AA-MM)

Afl Reserve: Q15 1/2-Q25 rows U-DD, Q26-Q28 rows K-DD

MCC, usual level 1,2,3. Level 4 may be completely ticketed at this rate.

General Admission sales for non-members have also been exhausted in the MCC and General Public.

Will most likely be on MCG website on Saturday.

Based on these sales, crowd should be above 75K.

Edited by FearTheBeard
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

Updated Expected GA areas for Anzac Eve - All Level 4

GSS: Q1-Q7, Q8-Q15 1/2 rows P-DD

Ponsford: Q29-Q30 all rows. Q31-Q36 rows M-MM

Olympic: Q49-Q55 rows U-MM (might end up rows AA-MM)

Afl Reserve: Q15 1/2-Q24 rows U-DD, Q25-Q28 rows K-DD

General Admission sales for non-members have also been exhausted in the MCC and General Public.

Will most likely be on MCG website on Saturday.

Based on these sales, crowd should be above 75K.

Have been told expecting 83,000

• Like 3

Curiosity question.  My understanding is that a member who has a reserved seat is given opportunity to buy guest passes and if they do they are reallocated to another section with designated seats.  
What happens to the seat that the member normally would be seating in?  My guess is that it remains empty for the game.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Megatron said:

Have been told expecting 83,000

I am oh so hoping that we outnumber the opposition supporters. 

It is our home game after all! So… not caring if you are a member or not (or even just a Richmond hater) please turn up (those of us that can) and support our boys.

It is the most tangible way we can help our team on game day.  It is the least that they deserve.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wodjathefirst said:

I am oh so hoping that we outnumber the opposition supporters. 

It is our home game after all! So… not caring if you are a member or not (or even just a Richmond hater) please turn up (those of us that can) and support our boys.

It is the most tangible way we can help our team on game day.  It is the least that they deserve.

In response to your other question, yes the reserved seat would remain empty.

it is highly unlikely that we outnumber Richmond. If we can break even that will be a good effort. I am thinks 35k of us and them and around 5k neutrals.

• Thanks 1

Updated Expected GA areas for Anzac Eve - All Level 4, ticket sales been good the last few days, a lot more reserved seat areas on level 4 now.

GSS: Q1-Q7, Q8-Q15 1/2 rows U-DD

Ponsford: Q31-Q36 rows U-MM

Olympic: Q49-Q55 rows AA-MM

Afl Reserve: Q15 1/2-Q27 rows U-DD, Q28 rows K-DD

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 1:46 PM, FearTheBeard said:

Updated Expected GA areas for Anzac Eve - All Level 4, ticket sales been good the last few days, a lot more reserved seat areas on level 4 now.

GSS: Q1-Q7, Q8-Q15 1/2 rows U-DD

Ponsford: Q31-Q36 rows U-MM

Olympic: Q49-Q55 rows AA-MM

Afl Reserve: Q15 1/2-Q27 rows U-DD, Q28 rows K-DD

So, maybe a silly question...  but if I turn up on the day with my GA membership, will I still be ok to get in?

here is ga seating

GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING

Please note, general admission seating areas are subject to change. Continue to check regularly for updates and check the general admission screens at your gate upon arrival to the MCG.

Shane Warne Stand

• Q1-Q7
  • Q8-Q15 1/2 (rows U-DD)

Ponsford Stand

• Q31-Q34 (rows AA-MM)

Olympic Stand

• Not available

AFL Reserve
Please note, seating in the AFL Reserve is available to AFL members only.

• Q18-Q28 (rows U-DD)

• Thanks 1