Jump to content

CHANGES: Rd 07 vs Hawthorn


Demonland

Recommended Posts

Smith must stay. Even if in a different position. Maybe his dads position.

Kozzi needs a rest and find consistently.

I'd drop Bullen but keep Dunstan

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Vomit 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, gOLLy said:

Smith must stay. Even if in a different position. Maybe his dads position.

Kozzi needs a rest and find consistently.

I'd drop Bullen but keep Dunstan

0% of those things are gonna happen

  • Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Match Committee is minded to have players available to slot in to cover absences later in the year might they go 

Tom McDonald for Weideman (not because he’s lacking form - he is improving every week) 

Is Melksham gone the way of Nathan Jones and we won’t be seeing him again?
Smith would appear to be a work in progress  (as has SW been)

 

We are so fortunate to have a choice of riches
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man. Smith gives me nightmares. It's not even that one howler in the third. 

He's just such a liability defensively. It's 50/50 whether or not he kills a contest or let's it go through and his positioning defensively is all over the shop. He is just so Frost-like at times. 

Goodwin seemed to talk him up at the presser but maybe that's cause it was a direct question on Smith rather than Goody going out of his way to talk him up. If Lever is fit next week I'm not sure who else they're dropping. 

I think I like the idea of keeping Dunstan in while we can afford to. Personally I wouldn't even mind dropping Harmes for Viney after last night (especially if injured) but I also thought he was poor. Jack could play a bit more half forward swapping with Sparrow and Dunstan on and off the bench for time in middle. 

Doubt it'll happen but I'd like to see Dunstan gel with the team a bit and see what he can deliver after a handful of games. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Return to Glory said:

I'd like to get 'Bill' Laurie in as sub if we are looking to ease some young talent in. Thought he had some very good moments today.

Nice goal but I think he is a long way off.  Rosman is closer on yesterdays form.

 

Anyway, Viney and lever in, Smith and Dunstan out.  Both unlucky.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


So it seems Weid goes through to the Hawks game.

 

I didnt think he did heaps but he was the leading goal scorer and by far our most accurate.

 

Maybe his confidence will increase as a result and he continues to improve.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

So it seems Weid goes through to the Hawks game.

 

I didnt think he did heaps but he was the leading goal scorer and by far our most accurate.

 

Maybe his confidence will increase as a result and he continues to improve.

He needs a block of games to get his confidence up and not feel like he will be dropped if he spills the next mark.

Players play with a bit more freedom and instinct when they feel they are part of the side. 

He has the attributes and I think he is one breakout game away from being an automatic selection and playing good consistent football.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bedford to Casey. Dunstan to sub. 

Viney in.

Lever in. Smith out. His 85% is actually really good but the other 15% gives me the shivers. The decision making by many of our players was dodgy last night, but Smith leads the pack.

Harmes is a watch and see.

And Kozzie is simply not getting enough ball. His defensive stuff is brilliant and when he gets the ball, look out. Not sure what to do because he isn't exactly a liability.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr Steve said:

I'm just glad this is the selection committees problem and not mine. Lot of players in our VFL side who would get a game at just about any other club. When your chance comes you grab it or it's straight back. 

Can not remember a team where being a good player was not enough to get a game. 

So much better than suffering another 100 pointer.
Replacing Bail, Strauss and Terlich with Petterd, Blease and Tapscott

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like to continue giving players a block of games to build confidence in our systems in case they are forced inclusions in September. I would bring Lever and Viney back and manage 2 players who have niggles. 
 

In: Viney and Lever

Out: May and Harmes (both managed)

 

 

  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gOLLy said:

Smith must stay. Even if in a different position. Maybe his dads position.

Kozzi needs a rest and find consistently.

I'd drop Bullen but keep Dunstan

No way that will happen . Neal Bullen one of the best tacklers in the MFC Jumper and in fact was one of our besties.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ins: Lever, Viney

Outs: Smith, Bedford (Dunstan to sub)

Its easy to underestimate how good we’ve been without Lever these first 4/6 weeks. The conventional wisdom last year was that if you can stop Lever, either by making him accountable with a dangerous forward, or by tagging him (see Schache in the GF) then you go a long way to stopping MFC. Smith and Tomlinson have battled manfully to cover him but the reality is with Petty going to a whole new level this year they will be replaced by Lever anytime the three (Lever, May, Petty) are available. 

Dunstan very stiff but Viney has been exceptional this year, has added great ball use and goal kicking to his incredible contested stuff and while Dunstan was good Viney’s exceptional tackling puts the fear of god in our opposition in a way few players do. 
 

May has a corkie, but given he can play with half a hamstring I’d hate the be the medical staffer who tried to get him to have a week off. Interested in what happened to Harmes, hope he’s ok, if he’s hurt some kind of reshuffle with Dunstan staying in is the go. 
 

Rivers looks sore/out of form, with Brayshaw absolutely starting at HB I wonder if a move to the wing/midfield beckons for Riv in the future. His kicking through the middle would be an absolute asset and getting some touches might help his confidence. Only if Harmes is injured or JJ dropped off though. What a great dilemma to have. 

Edited by deejammin'
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TMacs time at Casey will do him no harm. He dominated yesterday.

The level of competition is an issue but that can't be fixed. Box Hill next week should be a good test for him though looking at the ladder they're not flying.

Allowing for the competition level I think TMac's game at Casey just shaded Weid's game  but let's see what the next 2 weeks bring

Edited by Diamond_Jim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every week this thread has some wild predictions. 
Have supporters not learnt yet that we will always make minimal changes, even if forced, it will always be like for like and we will NEVER drop players who play their role well even if you think Kosi and Spargo should be kicking 4 goals a game or Neal Bullen should be going at 100% DE. 

Just because you personally don’t see the value our lesser lights bring to the side, doesn’t mean you swing the axe wildly for absolutely no reason. 
Cohesion and continuity is one of the most important things required to win a flag. By backing our system and our players we have become a team so high in confidence and belief. You don’t throw that out the window because you think someone at Casey would do better than Kosi for a mere moment. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 hours ago, Sam ARBER said:

Thought NEAL-BULLEN had lots of disposals but most were useless.

poor game by him.

maybe Dunstall for him next week.

While ANB's disposal efficiency was down a little bit, his pressure acts (65) and score involvement (11) numbers were at game high levels. I'd think the selection commitee might find a way to keep him in the side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Every week this thread has some wild predictions. 
Have supporters not learnt yet that we will always make minimal changes, even if forced, it will always be like for like and we will NEVER drop players who play their role well even if you think Kosi and Spargo should be kicking 4 goals a game or Neal Bullen should be going at 100% DE. 

Just because you personally don’t see the value our lesser lights bring to the side, doesn’t mean you swing the axe wildly for absolutely no reason. 
Cohesion and continuity is one of the most important things required to win a flag. By backing our system and our players we have become a team so high in confidence and belief. You don’t throw that out the window because you think someone at Casey would do better than Kosi for a mere moment. 

Yes, too often we are chasing a "Whipping Boy" e.g. Oscar MCD, TMac, Gus, ANB & now Smith. Oliver & petracca make some real howlers, but do a lot (soory nomous) amount of good stuff. Lakewiase with any of our players. However these "cogs" on the machine ar what keeps it purring along. As Trac said after round 2, that a lot of the team acts make it easier for team to really shine !!! Unfortunate fact of life when we have 28 players but only 22(1/2) spots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dworship said:

While ANB's disposal efficiency was down a little bit, his pressure acts (65) and score involvement (11) numbers were at game high levels. I'd think the selection commitee might find a way to keep him in the side.

it wasn't one of ANB's better games last night, but he has been solid for most of the year. he will not get dropped for one off night.

As for those advocating for TMac to replace Weid - TMac 5 games (4 goals), Weid 4 games (8 goals). 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Nasher said:

Yep. I thought Dunstan was fine, even good, but that’s the pecking order.

I thought Smith was okay too other than that one Very Joel Smith moment that we won’t talk about any further.

Was it a similar moment to when May’s handball was smothered resulting in a Tigers goal 🤔😏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, deejammin' said:

Ins: Lever, Viney

Outs: Smith, Bedford (Dunstan to sub)

Its easy to underestimate how good we’ve been without Lever these first 4/6 weeks. The conventional wisdom last year was that if you can stop Lever, either by making him accountable with a dangerous forward, or by tagging him (see Schache in the GF) then you go a long way to stopping MFC. Smith and Tomlinson have battled manfully to cover him but the reality is with Petty going to a whole new level this year they will be replaced by Lever anytime the three (Lever, May, Petty) are available. 

Dunstan very stiff but Viney has been exceptional this year, has added great ball use and goal kicking to his incredible contested stuff and while Dunstan was good Viney’s exceptional tackling puts the fear of god in our opposition in a way few players do. 
 

May has a corkie, but given he can play with half a hamstring I’d hate the be the medical staffer who tried to get him to have a week off. Interested in what happened to Harmes, hope he’s ok, if he’s hurt some kind of reshuffle with Dunstan staying in is the go. 
 

Rivers looks sore/out of form, with Brayshaw absolutely starting at HB I wonder if a move to the wing/midfield beckons for Riv in the future. His kicking through the middle would be an absolute asset and getting some touches might help his confidence. Only if Harmes is injured or JJ dropped off though. What a great dilemma to have. 

Agree re Rivers. May did say he came back through necessity & wasn’t 100% so maybe a rest could be good as he does look a little sore …

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oliver's disposal last night was not flash either get ball and just booting it, as for Harmes well how to run into an open goal and kick it out of bounds is beyond me he is also getting into a habit of Viney of old where he is now trying to take all everyone on instead of dishing it off.

Forward line needs a bit of work to much bombing it in needed to go shorter to break it up, but they will sort it out.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, David-Demon said:

AF scores are an AFL bench mark - each to his own with respect.

BEST  
Richmond: Vlastuin, Short, Graham, Prestia, Gibcus, Rioli
Melbourne: Oliver, Langdon, Neal-Bullen, Sparrow, Petracca, Weideman

From the Club Website.

Hard on Max - he was excellent again

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    GAMEDAY: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    It's Game Day and after 2 losses on the trot the Dees must win against the Saints today at the MCG to keep in touch with the Top 4. A loss today will see them drop out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 84

    HEAVEN OR HELL by The Oracle

    Clashes between Melbourne and St Kilda are often described as battles between the forces of heaven and hell. However, based on recent performances, it’s hard to get excited about the forthcoming match between these two sides. It would be fair to say that, at the moment, both of these teams are in the doldrums. The Demons have become the competition’s slow starters while the Saints are not only slow to begin, they’re not doing much of a job finishing off their games either. About the only th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

    THE BLOW by Whispering Jack

    Narrm’s finals prospects took a crushing blow after the team’s insipid performance at Optus Stadium against a confident Waaljit Marawar in the first of its Doug Nicholls Round outings for 2024.  I use the description “crushing blow” advisedly because, although the season is not yet at it’s halfway mark, the Demons have now failed abysmally in two of their games against teams currently occupying bottom eight places on the ladder.  The manner in which these losing games were played out w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 6

    HALF FULL by KC from Casey

    It was a case of the Casey Demons going into a game with a glass half full in their match up against the Brisbane Lions at Casey Fields on Saturday. As the list of injured and unavailable AFL and VFL listed players continues to grow and with Melbourne taking all three emergencies to Perth for the weekend on a “just in case” basis, its little brother was always destined to struggle. Casey was left with only eight AFL listed players from who to select their team but only two - an out-of-form

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 419

    PODCAST: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 20th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons disaapoiting performance against the Eagles at Optus Stadium in Round 10. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 45

    VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 37

    POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 445

    GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...