GAMEDAY: Rd 17 vs Port Adelaide

5 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I'm not too concerned how many BB kicks. I think he'll be a bit rusty. What it should do is let Fritsch off the leash now.

He was slumping but really got his touch back last week, if he can continue without having three blokes swarming him like last week due to the fact they're going to have to man up on Benny, we should hopefully get some more "connection".

God I hate that term. Go Dees.

Underdogs again. 

Completely agree. Fritter is not, and should not be our #1 forward target - therefore attracting unnecessary attention.

Now he won't be, and should have a lot more space! 

• Like 4

I can't wait for the Ben Brown 5 possessions game only to have people roll out the 'he brought the ball to ground' bullish!t. which is code for doing nothing but drop marks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

I can't wait for the Ben Brown 5 possessions game only to have people roll out the 'he brought the ball to ground' bullish!t. which is code for doing nothing but drop marks.

Do you even hope you're wrong, or do you actually enjoy us losing? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, forever demons said:

Koochie used to be a fun on tv,then the big money took over now he is a self opinionated bore,love to beat em by 10 goals and watch him bleed through the eyes

Just another AFL boys club type with a huge ego and a second rate breakfast TV show where the cash cow is the most interesting and informative part of the show - so Iv'e been told.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, forever demons said:

hard to believe spargo is playing his 50th game tonight ,am a big fan so hope he plays a blinder

He owes us one, a blinder. He must concentrate on his roving, not be left in a one-on-one situation or worse. A rover like him is an asset to run clear to the ball, with the ball, accurately disposing to advantage, and repeat. He has these skills and we need these skills more than ever. Go Spargs! Give 'em a bit of short-Rs magic.

• Like 2

Well, folks, it's nearly game time. Best wishes to all. Suicide is not an option, whatever the outcome. The key to Demon success tonight is: mongrel, attitude, opportunity, heartlessness, execution skills, 2-way running and outside support. Carna Dees.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

And what are you going to say if he kicks 3 goals or more?

3 hours ago, binman said:

Spargo playing game 50.

Langers game 100.

Maxy game number 150.

Coming of a loss last week. 

The boys will have been waiting 12 months for the chance to atone for last years smashing. 

Big Bad Benny Brown in with a point to prove.

Perfect conditions - light winds, likely no rain, but some cloud cover to make sure it doesn't get dewy.

Flew in yesterday and being a night game have the full day to cross all the Ts and dot the Is.

So preparation perfect, including a run last night at Adelaide Oval to get a feel for the ground.

I've tipped us.

Go redlegs.

Convinced me binman...great work

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

Lol it’s funny because it’s true, then our small forwards will be praised for laying tackles and “forward pressure” instead of actually kicking goals

Edited by olisik
  • Facepalm 2

46 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

11 minutes ago, olisik said:

Lol it’s funny because it’s true, then our small forwards will be praised for laying tackles and “forward pressure” instead of actually kicking goals

Far out, you two have already started criticising us for losing a game that hasn't been played yet!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, FarNorthernD said:

I know there are arguments for a Melbourne win but I don’t give us a chance. I’m guessing it’s my MFCSS kicking in. 

Oh Ye of little faith FND !! 

I picked you as a stauncher supporter than that. Give it at least until half time before you toss in the towel. 

47 minutes ago, Hopeful Demon said:

And what are you going to say if he kicks 3 goals or more?

Wait til he has a bad game and tell us all he was right

• Like 1

Dees to grind out a win. Hoping Harmes can have more of an impact- we need players like him running through the centre and banging goals from 50. As other posters have said, I don't expect too much from Brown, but he will take a player. The smalls should do well. Port playing very tall in the backline. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr.D said:

Now convinced you aren’t a Melbourne supporter.

• Like 2

I really hate....Powell-Pepper....was cloned in a Chinese lab from Nate J DNA...

...always plays well against us

Dees by 7pts

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Haha 1

@nacnud

Can see their posts, Olisik and Dr.D.

Just some devils advocate types, jaded by the years on the our roller-coaster,  made up of if's, maybe's and never can.

Nothing too unpalatable to see, other than some obvious, though antagonistic views. Good to get a diversity of opinion.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brownie said:

I'm not too concerned how many BB kicks. I think he'll be a bit rusty. What it should do is let Fritsch off the leash now.

He was slumping but really got his touch back last week, if he can continue without having three blokes swarming him like last week due to the fact they're going to have to man up on Benny, we should hopefully get some more "connection".

God I hate that term. Go Dees.

Underdogs again. 

Thanks Brownie. I felt sorry for Fritta because you are correct ...at times he had three defenders to battle against.

The other bonus is even though bbb is a leading fwd he is still tall enough with a good leap that can stop contested marking inside our 50 and allow our crumbers to get some action.