Jump to content

  • Podcast     

  • Podcast     

What they're saying down at West Lakes



Recommended Posts

  • I’m putting $1000 on Luke Jackson getting the NAB rising star this week.
  • Nicks has flagged we'll be younger this week. Let's see if selection backs him up.
  • Persisting with Gibbs is a complete waste. Trade him back to Carlton for peanuts.
  • We are in diabolical trouble. Game plan from St.Bernadettes year 3 marks up playbook.
  • I think a winless season and Nicks is shown the door IMO. We need a full clean out of coaches and Fagan needs to throw HUGE coin at a proper coaching setup.
  • It’s just hit me. The realisation that the best player at our club is a 35yo mother of two😳
  • Invite Blight back to the club as a mentor for Nicks.
  • If anyone in the media, social media or anywhere else asks again why Gibbs can't get a game, please refer them to this week's performance.
  • Has Lever played in Adelaide against the Crows yet?
  • Last weeks embarrassment has finally made the club really go into rebuild mode.
  • Prediction : Tex to "run through" Jake Lever at some point.
  • Crows making EIGHT(!) changes. Two debutants.
  • Gerard and Robbo both very complimentary of the selections with saying that it’s clear the Crows are finally accepting of the rebuild and that Gibbs, Atkins and Knight would all be very worried about their futures.
  • If they actually won would there be enough players available to provide the gatorade shower?
  • Dees are ripe for the picking too.
  • Excellent, at least 3 of those players dropped should never ever play a game for the club again.
     
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:
  • It’s just hit me. The realisation that the best player at our club is a 35yo mother of two😳
  •  

Gold  😂

  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear those are Demonland comments. I even think one of them is mine.

Edited by praha
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, DubDee said:

Gold  😂

It is funny because it is legitimately true. Erin Phillips would be the best in for them this week (probably for us too...)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Their side looks pretty good on paper. However, no Sloane or Crouch will really hurt their midfield. It's ours to lose, I can't see it happening, I think they're on the tank also. Even if we win, I'm still going to be looking hard at the fundamentals and execution of our game plan and cohesion, lets see if Stubborn Simon gets the lads firing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What they are saying down at Demonland

  • I’m putting $1000 on any of the Crows Debutants getting the NAB rising star this week.
  • Goodwin has flagged we'll be better this week. Let's see if selection backs him up.
  • Persisting with Jones is a complete waste. Trade him back to retirement for peanuts.
  • We are in diabolical trouble. Game plan from St.Bernadettes year 3 marks up playbook.
  • I think a Bottom 4 season and Goodwin is shown the door IMO. We need a full clean out of coaches and Bartlett needs to throw HUGE coin at a proper coaching setup.
  • It’s just hit me. The realisation that the best player at our club could be a 35yo mother of two, if we had one.
  • Invite someone back to the club as a mentor for Goodwin.
  • If anyone in the media, social media or anywhere else asks again why TMac was dropped, please refer them to this week's performance.
  • Has Lever played in Adelaide against the Crows yet?
  • Last weeks embarrassment has finally made the club really go into 'we're crap' mode.
  • Prediction : Lever to "run through" Tex at some point.
  • Crows making EIGHT(!) changes. Two debutants.
  • Gerard and Robbo completely ignore Demons.
  • If Melbourne actually won would would anyone care?
  • We are ripe for the picking. Nil all draw?
  • Excellent, at least 3 of those players dropped should never ever play a game for the club again.
     
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CHF said:

What they are saying down at Demonland

  • I’m putting $1000 on any of the Crows Debutants getting the NAB rising star this week.
  • Goodwin has flagged we'll be better this week. Let's see if selection backs him up.
  • Persisting with Jones is a complete waste. Trade him back to retirement for peanuts.
  • We are in diabolical trouble. Game plan from St.Bernadettes year 3 marks up playbook.
  • I think a Bottom 4 season and Goodwin is shown the door IMO. We need a full clean out of coaches and Bartlett needs to throw HUGE coin at a proper coaching setup.
  • It’s just hit me. The realisation that the best player at our club could be a 35yo mother of two, if we had one.
  • Invite someone back to the club as a mentor for Goodwin.
  • If anyone in the media, social media or anywhere else asks again why TMac was dropped, please refer them to this week's performance.
  • Has Lever played in Adelaide against the Crows yet?
  • Last weeks embarrassment has finally made the club really go into 'we're crap' mode.
  • Prediction : Lever to "run through" Tex at some point.
  • Crows making EIGHT(!) changes. Two debutants.
  • Gerard and Robbo completely ignore Demons.
  • If Melbourne actually won would would anyone care?
  • We are ripe for the picking. Nil all draw?
  • Excellent, at least 3 of those players dropped should never ever play a game for the club again.
     

Daisy says hi. (Albeit 32) 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Daisy says hi. (Albeit 32) 

Not only reached the milestone at 32, but also did them both at once.  Clearly has Phillips covered.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFebes said:

Their side looks pretty good on paper. 

Wow, I must be looking at a different side,.  I reckon it looks terrible.  Only their back line looks semi decent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Wow, I must be looking at a different side,.  I reckon it looks terrible.  Only their back line looks semi decent.

 

17 minutes ago, CHF said:

Must be down to the quality of the paper you printed it on.

Talia, Kelly, Laird, Doedee, B Smith, M Crouch, Seedsman, Lynch, Walker, Himmelberg, Mackay and Fogarty go OK, I'd have most of them in our side over many thats for sure. I think Jones will be a player in the future also.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Post game

  • Ricciuto . . . if you love the club like you say you do. Then go. Just go.
  • Special place in hell reserved for: ANB (he who shall not be named).
  • When Clayton Oliver is the difference, you know things are bad.
  • Walker is done, give him 200 and bye bye.
  • Luke Jackson is going to be elite. Very exciting talent.
  • We've stuffed up a couple of drafts and now we've also got the wrong coach.
     
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SFebes said:

 

Talia, Kelly, Laird, Doedee, B Smith, M Crouch, Seedsman, Lynch, Walker, Himmelberg, Mackay and Fogarty go OK, I'd have most of them in our side over many thats for sure. I think Jones will be a player in the future also.

Chase Jones?

The Crows would like that pick back i reckon, he's a f#$#%@* shocker.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of curiosity I've had a look at the Crows drafting in the last 3 years, it has been pretty average too

2017

-Fogarty (12) 18 games SC career ave: 59

-Mcpherson (40) 4 games SC career ave: 69

-Wilson (R17) 2 games SC career ave: 42

-Ellis Yolmen (R31) gone

-Murphy (R38) 40 games SC career ave: 59

-Edwards (R41) gone

2018

-Jones (9) 18 games SC career ave: 43

-Mchenry (16) 7 games  SC average: 38

-Hamill (30) 8 games SC average: 39

-Sholl (64)  1 game SC average: 52

-Strachan (R7) 1 game SC average: 39

-Hunter (R24) gone

-Butts (R39)  0 games

2019

-Mcasey (6) 8 games SC average: 40

-Schoenburg (24) 1 game SC average: 59

-Worrall (28) 0 game

-O''Connor (42) 0 game

-Gollant (48) 0 game

-Keys (R7) 39 games SC average: 79

-Crocker (R21) 31 games SC average: 53

 

 

I've been very critical of our drafting but looks like the crows are in struggle street

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Elegt said:

Just out of curiosity I've had a look at the Crows drafting in the last 3 years, it has been pretty average too

2017

-Fogarty (12) 18 games SC career ave: 59

-Mcpherson (40) 4 games SC career ave: 69

-Wilson (R17) 2 games SC career ave: 42

-Ellis Yolmen (R31) gone

-Murphy (R38) 40 games SC career ave: 59

-Edwards (R41) gone

2018

-Jones (9) 18 games SC career ave: 43

-Mchenry (16) 7 games  SC average: 38

-Hamill (30) 8 games SC average: 39

-Sholl (64)  1 game SC average: 52

-Strachan (R7) 1 game SC average: 39

-Hunter (R24) gone

-Butts (R39)  0 games

2019

-Mcasey (6) 8 games SC average: 40

-Schoenburg (24) 1 game SC average: 59

-Worrall (28) 0 game

-O''Connor (42) 0 game

-Gollant (48) 0 game

-Keys (R7) 39 games SC average: 79

-Crocker (R21) 31 games SC average: 53

 

 

I've been very critical of our drafting but looks like the crows are in struggle street

AFL will bail them out with some priority picks just like they did for Brisbane.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    WASH, RINSE, SPIN, REPEAT! by George On The Outer

    Although the Demons got over the line in their must win final round game against the hapless Bombers, they ensured it was Groundhog Day for their supporters who well remember what happened three years ago (although, this time they at least enjoyed the success of victory). Melbourne had its customary start dominating play and having plenty of chances in front of goal, only to find itself down on the scoreboard at the first change. Inaccurate kicking, particularly from set shots would have pu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE LUCK OF THE DRAW by Whispering Jack

    The long awaited clash between Melbourne and Essendon is almost upon us. Thirty-seven rounds of AFL football have passed by since the two clubs met on a balmy early April night last year in a game that produced a high scoring shootout at the MCG with the Bombers prevailing by 18 points. It was their only meeting for 2019 and happened at a time when the pandemic was something on the far distant horizon. Several months later when the 2019 season ended, the AFL issued the first of its fixtures

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THERE’S STILL A HEARTBEAT by George on the Outer

    When bottom side Adelaide scrapped together a win over the Giants last week, a tiny glimmer of hope opened up for the Demons’ finals chances. The patient was in intensive care but not quite finished — there was a faint pulse, a heart beating ever so slightly but was it enough when two more wins and other results were needed to fall their way? The first step was the resuscitation of a team that had lost its last two matches against sides then sitting fifteenth and sixteenth on the ladder. On

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 1

    THE FINAL HUMILIATION by The Oracle

    On Sunday, the Melbourne Football Club that won three consecutive games by in excess of 50 points last month returns to the Gabba, the scene of the last of those victories which was a 56 point drubbing of Collingwood. The Demons got off to a good start and won every quarter with a ruthless and powerful brand of football. They kicked 16 goals that day, their accuracy in front of goal a tribute to the skills the put on display throughout the afternoon and evening. In the four matches playe

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    GIVEN THE OLD HEAVE HO’ by George on the Outer

    Fremantle gave Melbourne the old heave ho’ from playing finals in 2020, in conditions that the Demons yet again failed to handle.   With the whole season on the line and the need to win to stay in contention for finals, what the fans saw was much the same as they have been witnessing so many times before — a complete debacle and capitulation against a side that sat 15th on the ladder before the game.     Promises made after the loss to the 16th placed Sydney Swans were rendered h

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    GETTING THE HEAVE HO by Bananabender

    The ute barely made it up to Cairns in time for us to check into the motel, fling a cane toad out the bathroom. and head over to Cazaly’s Stadium where we took up our position on the wing. There, we saw a completely different Melbourne to the one we watched on the screen only a few nights earlier from Alice Springs. This lot wore similar colours and Maxy dominated the ruck but the similarities ended there - the Demons were simply dreadful against the Swans. They started sluggishly, were spe

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A CLANGER IN CAIRNS by George on the Outer

    Having fought back into finals contention, the Demons had it all before them when facing a lowly Sydney in Cairns.  But in typical Melbourne fashion, they threw away the opportunity to cement their spot in the eight with a clanger of a game.  Right from the start, there was little to enthuse from the Melbourne players, who appeared to think that they only had to turn up, enjoy the North Queensland sun, and take away the four points.  Compared with the furious ground wide pressure of the

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    TEN MINUTES LATE by Whispering Jack

    The late Norm Smith, who played in four Melbourne premierships and coached another six, was a strong disciplinarian. Known as the Red Fox for his auburn hair and his cunning, Smith was a man of a different age to the here and now. Born during the Great War, he survived the Spanish Flu Pandemic, grew up in depression times, played mostly through the Second World War and its aftermath and coached in a period of rebuilding and recovery to a time of prosperity. Smith’s success was built on team

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    SAINTS HELL IN DEES HEAVEN by GOTO

    The last of this year’s indigenous games was played in the red heart of the country and could well have determined Melbourne’s finals aspirations but it was St Kilda that had its top four hopes dashed after a nail-biting finish in Alice Springs which saw them unceremoniously marched out of the position in football heaven occupied by them for much of this season. It all came down in the end to a goal-line decision as to whether a freakish shot by Christian Petracca was touched and the goal u

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    DO OR DIE by The Oracle

    Melbourne is, not for the first time, paying for lapses in matches whereby the club leaks multiple goals without answer and which usually cost the club in those all-important eight point games as it did last week against the Western Bulldogs which replaced the Demons in the AFL top eight. And this week, they come up against a team that reputedly plays in the same mode as the Bulldogs but has been able to prevail over better opponents than Melbourne. It’s not that the Demons are out of form

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    GIVE THE DOGS A BONE by George on the Outer

    The winner of the game is in the top eight and the loser out. Had Melbourne won, it would have consigned the Bulldogs season to the scrapheap given their remaining fixture which still includes a bye. The Demons led at half-time but they gave the Dogs a bone which was willingly accepted — they notched 6 goals in the third quarter and dumped the Demons out of the eight. This game simply saw all the bad habits return for Melbourne players.  When they serve up dinky kicks, dinky handballs, litt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    FRENZY by Whispering Jack

    The Melbourne Football Club should hand out an award to the person who came up with the concept of the 20 day football frenzy the football world experienced from Round 9 to the completion of Round 12 on Monday. When the AFL fixture was moved into a state of perpetual motion, things changed so quickly that it was difficult to fathom exactly what was happening to the competition but the Demons have been one of the beneficiaries to date. The flogging the team received at the hands of Port Adel

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

×
×
  • Create New...