Training Ground?

Romey

3 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

private group

Ok Thanks.

• Like 1

Some Coiterie Members have put over 1 mill into developing Casey Fields such as Spa Pools etc, and with the view to build an Admin building close by. There is so much real estate there to turn that into our home base. With more stands around Casey Oval as well will stop the wind swirls too. Id be all for building there than looking at Caulfield which we will be restricted by room. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tracca said:

Some Coiterie Members have put over 1 mill into developing Casey Fields such as Spa Pools etc, and with the view to build an Admin building close by. There is so much real estate there to turn that into our home base. With more stands around Casey Oval as well will stop the wind swirls too. Id be all for building there than looking at Caulfield which we will be restricted by room. 

casey will be a huge component of our strategy going forward

as has been stated before, you need 3-4 full size ovals with four teams (afl, aflw, vfl, vflw) all needing capacity to train etc. during the on- and off-seasons

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

casey will be a huge component of our strategy going forward

as has been stated before, you need 3-4 full size ovals with four teams (afl, aflw, vfl, vflw) all needing capacity to train etc. during the on- and off-seasons

There is that at Casey Fields.

• Shocked 1

45 minutes ago, Tracca said:

Caulfield will likely be less restricted for room than Casey, with less parking issues and more room for buildings.

More to the point, the MFC don't want to be based solely at Casey and I suspect the players would agree.

It is great for what it currently is and will be, an adjunct to a permanent, more centrally located home base.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Caulfield will likely be less restricted for room than Casey, with less parking issues and more room for buildings.

More to the point, the MFC don't want to be based solely at Casey and I suspect the players would agree.

It is great for what it currently is and will be, an adjunct to a permanent, more centrally located home base.

Whilst I agree with you on the basis that we dont want to be based solely at Casey, the actual footprint we have at Casey vs what the prospecus says at Caulfield, its like double.

Hopefully something gets sorted sooner rather than later anyway

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Just let the Caulfield project go through, I may be moving there next year 🤞🏻

hahaha lovely!!

Im out Casey way so i love being able to see the boys train, i dont really care where it is, as long as something is done!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Yeah it's damm hard to travel there for 4 hours a day 3- 4 days a week when most players are on $300,000 + a year it must be hard on them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Yeah it's damm hard to travel there for 4 hours a day 3- 4 days a week when most players are on $300,000 + a year it must be hard on them.

No, not damn hard on them, merely stating what would be their likely preference, given where most of them live.

They are entitled to have a preference on where they would prefer to train, not that it would always be accommodated.

They might also have a preference which club they would like to play with and that also is not always possible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tracca said:

Whilst I agree with you on the basis that we dont want to be based solely at Casey, the actual footprint we have at Casey vs what the prospecus says at Caulfield, its like double.

No it's not. Correct me if I am wrong but at Casey we have use of the Casey ground and Facility, not the whole ground area of the entire sporting fields.

At Caulfield we could have 2-3 ovals with one MCG size and a full training and administrative base, with even a low level grandstand built outside the track, giving us the best facilities in the AFL and in the central part of the Melbourne metro area. Casey will never have that.

I agree with your point the sooner the better though.

• Like 1

Just now, Redleg said:

No, not damn hard on them, merely stating what would be their likely preference, given where most of them live.

They are entitled to have a preference on where they would prefer to train, not that it would always be accommodated.

They might also have a preference which club they would like to play with and that also is not always possible. 

Guess you missed the sarcasm and no they don't have a say where they train that is up to the club case in point you live 20 minutes from work and you're work decides to move an hour away do you think they would ask you if that's ok, it's a commercial decision. We will have to to see what the club decides.

1 minute ago, Roost it far said:

I should be going to the meeting today but things have come up and I won't be able to attend. Hopefully the 7 dog walkers show themselves and we can move on.

They might get held up shouting at clouds on their way to the meeting

• Haha 1

I'm genuinely fascinated to hear what the gripe will be about.

"They're taking our community green space and replacing it with upgraded community green space"

Am I missing something??

We're monsters.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 22/12/2023 at 13:28, Demonsone said:

Afl announce a 70mill train base for the TAS team! 

Makes the blood boil how our club gets treated 

Imagine a Tassie v Gold Coast grand final at Gosch's Paddock. Parking would be bedlam.

• Haha 1

The locals not happy

Typical. The Trust meeting not only avoided many, many questions... but also finished the meeting 15 minutes early. That sums it up!

• Shocked 2

I’ve never stood on the side of injustice.

Ratepayers taken for a ride tonight.

Smells like a done deal by the suits on the big side of town.

• Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, Satan said:

The locals not happy

Typical. The Trust meeting not only avoided many, many questions... but also finished the meeting 15 minutes early. That sums it up!

2 minutes ago, bluey said:

I’ve never stood on the side of injustice.

Ratepayers taken for a ride tonight.

Smells like a done deal by the suits on the big side of town.

Can you guys fill in some details.

• Like 1

On 05/04/2024 at 23:01, Moonshadow said:

The cost were small compared to non survival, which is we were faced with. No point looking a gift horse in the mouth

Well said Some D/Lers have AGAIN ignored the reality of the opportunity around the AIA when we had no cash. Zilch you idio.. Stop  trying to make out an unrealistic opportunity that never existed.

• 2 weeks later...

Some comms from the club regarding the feasibility study. embarking on community engagement. I'm sure the feedback will be taken on board and incorporated into final designs. I'm obviously biased in favour of the project but its hard to see how this plan disadvantages the locals (although some will no doubt arc up). 

I'm feeling positive. hopefully any nimbys can be pacified and the project progress to realisation. It's just a few train stops away from me so i'll be a regular visitor if this happens.

Building Our Home (melbournefc.com.au)

• Like 6