Demonland

POSTGAME: Rd 23 vs Kangaroos

3 minutes ago, BAMF said:

Just on the bus heading home from the ground. Happy with the effort from most of the boys.

Gawny and Fritsch were amazing.

Frost never gave up and I owe him an apology for writing him off at the start of the year.

Frosty did well and threatens the opportunities of many opponents.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Looking forward to a well tuned fit petracca in 2020 with the new conditioning guy on board. Salem to play outside mid. 

New boot studded. Why do we slip over so much???

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

I decided not to watch I say, for the first time in my life, and only just watched the last quarter. Jones’ centering kick out of the back half was fundamentally horrendous and he should have strips torn off him by the coach. He initially signalled that he was heading to the boundary side and all our players moved that way, and then he pulls the kick back to the middle. He has done that sort of stuff for too long. It’s criminal. All we needed was to force a boundary throw in. He has been offered 3 years at the GC and wouldn’t be surprised if he walks. Apparently is disgruntled at the Dees. If he leaves, that’s a sad way to finish up

Is this just posturing by his manager to get more $ or more years from the Dees.  Knows it would be a bad look if we just let him go.  Who blinks first?

29 minutes ago, sue said:

I too am #$@!# off with a game we could have won, but I seem to recall everyone here predicting a huge loss with Brown kicking a bag.  I don't suppose I can expect to see any posts saying what we did right to avoid that.

Not sure we did anything right as such Sue, but does this help from the previous week?

Oscar McDonald  Ankle  TBC

6 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

I decided not to watch I say, for the first time in my life, and only just watched the last quarter. Jones’ centering kick out of the back half was fundamentally horrendous and he should have strips torn off him by the coach. He initially signalled that he was heading to the boundary side and all our players moved that way, and then he pulls the kick back to the middle. He has done that sort of stuff for too long. It’s criminal. All we needed was to force a boundary throw in. He has been offered 3 years at the GC and wouldn’t be surprised if he walks. Apparently is disgruntled at the Dees. If he leaves, that’s a sad way to finish up

Please walk Jones. Take the money and sunshine. 

• Like 2

I decided to make plans today to avoid watching today’s game (probably for the first time in 5 years). I was intermittently checking the scores though, and when I saw that we were a point up with 2-3 mins remaining, I started watching on my phone to see our co-captain take a mark in defence and do what a first gamer would do in a similar situation.

I just smirked and thought, of course.

No doubt his last kick as a captain of this club.

30 minutes ago, sue said:

I too am #$@!# off with a game we could have won, but I seem to recall everyone here predicting a huge loss with Brown kicking a bag.  I don't suppose I can expect to see any posts saying what we did right to avoid that.

Ohhh yippeeee! 

(Sorry, im being a petulant chit, this season I’ve been pretty reasonable but the last few weeks have annoyed me no end.)

1 minute ago, At the break of Gawn said:

I decided to make plans today to avoid watching today’s game (probably for the first time in 5 years). I was intermittently checking the scores though, and when I saw that we were a point up with 2-3 mins remaining, I started watching on my phone to see our co-captain take a mark in defence and do what a first gamer would do in a similar situation.

I just smirked and thought, of course.

No doubt his last kick as a captain of this club.

There were a few culprits like you today by the sounds of it. We need to start taking names and blocking access to games starting in 2020.

;)

52 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

They said on the radio there was no one down the line to kick to and gawn was trying to get across.  

Also do we blame Oliver  for giving away that undisciplined 50?

OLiver is wearing thin on me

• Angry 1

1 hour ago,  dees189227 said: 

They said on the radio there was no one down the line to kick to and gawn was trying to get across.  

All goes down to leadership & culture....

43 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Frosty did well and threatens the opportunities of many opponents.

He killed the Coleman medallist. Has really improved to be a valuable player for us, who actually plays each week and usually beats his opponent.

Can't wait for more "get rid of Frost posts".

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Bitterly disappointing to lose like that.  But we looked like a team playing for the coach.  North seldom lose down there and pumped Port last week. A 100pt loss was a possibility if we didn't turn up, but we clearly did.  It has been a horrible year but that team is still playing united.

• Like 6

The pre-game and gameday (before the game started) threads are full of people saying we’d lose by 10+ goals. 

Yet I can’t see a single post in here where someone admits to being surprised by the result. 

I haven’t seen the game so I would actually have liked to read a post or two touching on what we did to match/best them for long parts of the game. 

Did we seek to play the more controlled game we’ve tried playing in the second half of the year?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rusty Nails said:

Hunt's panic handball to Norf's favour & Jones' kick not long after.

So many flawed footballers it's almost impossible to beat anyone.

CLEAN HALF THIS LIST OUT and start over!

Top 4 in disposal efficiency today:    1/ Stretch 95%  2/Petracca 88%  3/ Frost 84%   

Bottom 4  disposal efficiency today:   1/ Melksham 46%  2/ Harmes 53%  3/ Wagner 55% 

1 hour ago, Rusty Nails said:

Hunt's panic handball to Norf's favour & Jones' kick not long after.

So many flawed footballers it's almost impossible to beat anyone.

CLEAN HALF THIS LIST OUT and start over!

1 hour ago, sue said:

Haha yeah i will put my hand up.

Hey guys, how great is it to lose by less than you thought you would ?!!!!.... :) woooooooo.....

FMD.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

TBH I thoroughly enjoyed the game today. Thought we worked hard for most of the game and really enjoyed seeing players in logical positions. Disappointed with losing how we did but hey, life goes on.

• Like 6

Surprised me that we played pretty well. Gawn superb. We need a key forward. I think we have plenty to look forward to in 2020.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I am driving in WA only heard the result and looked at stats. How did Stretch go, 21 disposals at 95% efficiency looks OK? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

He has been offered 3 years at the GC and wouldn’t be surprised if he walks. Apparently is disgruntled at the Dees. If he leaves, that’s a sad way to finish up

He stuck fat over the years, but if he's disgruntled we've only offered 1 year, or that he'll lose the C, then he has no self-awareness at all. Surely he couldn't see out a 3 year contract. If the Suns are offering that, they need more than a PP, they need a list management clean out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

My mail tells me he is committed and going nowhere 36.  Wants to finish as a one club player.

Swore violently at the TV throughout... called out the serial turnover kings etc... Just because I prefer to look at the positives, doesn't mean I disagree with the criticism leveled at individuals for poor skills etc. In the end, we did better than we have on many other trips to the Apple Isle. I agree with the glowing reports on Gawn and Fritsch... bur a few other observations concerning the much maligned...

ANB was a contributor... the last kick fits snugly with the Norm Smith curse... the tragic past etc etc… but he gets the ball, he gets in scoring positions and he  can run out four quarters. His main weakness is body pressure... he caughs it up a bit, however, he is far from our weakest. I'd keep him and see if he can develop under a new regime.

Cory Wagner has a go... he kicked a nice running goal and his second efforts are good, can improve, has pace and gets to the contest.

Viney took Cunnington out of the game... picked up handy possessions himself... should be persevered with in this role.

The inclusion of Preuss allows Max to be damaging in other ways... Pruess is never 'owned' in the ruck contest. He is so much better there than T Mc, Trac, Weid, T Smith etc. He can improve his marking and his running.

JKH popped up for some handy marks and distributions... not a lot but enough to be a steadying influence at times... he didn't miss as many targets as he has previously... he didn't seem to get big game time... did not embarrass … can improve... not the worst player on our list

• Like 9
  • Love 1

we certainly paid overs for lever, his kicking was atrocious, turned it over again and again. Saleem the same.  Jones he has been a good servant of the club, but with great regret i say it is time to retire or go to the suns. ANB what can you say, a player who just cannot find the goals, cannot find the ball that often and one tackle for the game, really only one tackle where is the pressure from this guy. in fact north players just brushed aside so many of our tackles, hunt is brushed aside like a rag doll when he tackles and god knows what Harms was trying to do with his constant playing on and running directly into opposition players. 

Max a true champion that deserves better than the team he has around him.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

45 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

The pre-game and gameday (before the game started) threads are full of people saying we’d lose by 10+ goals. 

Yet I can’t see a single post in here where someone admits to being surprised by the result. 

I haven’t seen the game so I would actually have liked to read a post or two touching on what we did to match/best them for long parts of the game. 

Did we seek to play the more controlled game we’ve tried playing in the second half of the year?

I was surprised, not by the effort but by the scoreline until the dying minutes. Some played well; others, very well; most, dog ordinary once again. Max, Fritta and Frosty were my best three - clearly. Other 'reliables' came, went and faded. However, I was pleased with the space-finding of some of our forwards - particularly early in the game. Viney tagged well, putting in his best game for the season, I'd reckon. Happy for Jordan to play a better game and utilise his disposal as the Ranga-Tangas are not a fast side. (We still need Jordan and his knowledge, his mentoring and his ability to transfer the message to others. He'd be a great Coach.)

Thankfully, this season is over but its effects will be with us for some time. Patched-up players, and all. 

• Like 1