Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

List changes who do we cut, trade or go after.

samcantstandya

3 hours ago, samcantstandya said:

We have only 3 spots available maybe 4 not sure if we went in2 the season one senior player down???? Either way we need 2 make some smart calls otherwise as it stands we can only pick 1/2 players in the draft if we r committed 2 selecting Langdon & Tomlinson. Surely we need 2 make calls on JKH, Stretch , J Wagner & Vanners. Am I missing any other senior players. I believe ANB is resigned. Ok VDB has a contract but he & KK r no certainties 2 play again. If we delete or trade 3-4 more at least we can capitalise on early draft picks & 2nd pick in the pre season draft.

Yeah its interesting to see where the other delistings will come from:  with 4 outs already in Lewis, Maynard, Keilty and Jeffy, i would expect 3 more, 1 of them to probably be KK, JKH and probably Guy Walker? That gives us 7 spots to fill.

Langdon - for 2nd Round / Tomlinson FA

Leaves 5 spaces.. 3/4 picks in draft 1 x Rookie 1 x Pre Seaosn.. 

Plenty of players to trade out or cut yet. Jkh Walker JWagner 

Tim Smith likely to retire

thats 8 out 

Vandenburg still unsure of 2020

Need to get Tomlinson Elliott and Langdon 

Add 3 youngsters. keep pick 2 (3)  pick 39 and pick 57  

keep Frosty 

upgrade Dunkley to rookie list 

query over stretch being held or traded to Crows 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

thats 8 out 

keep Frosty 

Harsh on Walker hasn't been given a chance yet due to injuries.

Just now, spirit of norm smith said:

Not really. Never really played footy. Persistent and intense Shoulder injuries. Why retain?  It was always a punt.

You can't replace him anyway because he is a category B rookie. He stays on the list for another year IMO.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 10:33 PM, spirit of norm smith said:

thats 8 out 

keep Frosty 

Tim Smith retired.  It’s been tough as he had signs of being very handy. Young Jake Riccardi from Werribee might be worth a look if we are worried about our key forward stocks.  It’s tmcd and Weid and ... perhaps Petty (appears a natural CHB though) 

7 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Tim Smith retired.  It’s been tough as he had signs of being very handy. Young Jake Riccardi from Werribee might be worth a look if we are worried about our key forward stocks.  It’s tmcd and Weid and ... perhaps Petty (appears a natural CHB though) 

He'll get picked up for sure, and I'm sure that's an area we'll look at boosting and more than likely with a state league rather than draft. Liam McBean and Mason Shaw are ex-afl guys who have been doing well in the SANFL & WAFL, but Riccardi would be the pick of them IMO (from limited viewing). 

On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 11:04 PM, WERRIDEE said:

You can't replace him anyway because he is a category B rookie. He stays on the list for another year IMO.

Walker's retired so that makes 2 rookie spots & 1 cat B spot along with 3 senior spots plus one extra senior spot because we only had 39 on the list. So if we get Langdon, Tomlinson &  ??? Elliot we def need to move on JKH & J.Wagner.So we can have at least 2 Nat draft picks & 1 pre season pick. More if Vanders retires.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:51 AM, Red and Blue realist said:

He'll get picked up for sure, and I'm sure that's an area we'll look at boosting and more than likely with a state league rather than draft. Liam McBean and Mason Shaw are ex-afl guys who have been doing well in the SANFL & WAFL, but Riccardi would be the pick of them IMO (from limited viewing). 

I agree we have to keep on thinking about forward targets.  McDonald and Weid aren’t enough.  We will need another tall.  Riccardi would suit as a 50ish draft pick.  Young Emerson Jeka (great name) from Western Jets  is one to watch.  Saw him play v Casey Demons this year and whilst he only got it a few times, he presented as a strong agile key forward.  

This will be a controversial one. I am basing my ins and outs based on AFL recruiter intel I have heard that Rowell and Anderson are uniquely talented and could become stars of the competition within two years. No knowledge of this myself.

Other thought is that we are heading towards a GWS problem where we will have a lot of quality players in the older bracket that will all have their hands out for larger contracts, and so we need to balance the list with more quality youth who are on smaller contracts.

Trades: 

In: 1, 2, B.King Out: Oliver, Salem, 20

In: Pick 11, B.Daniels, X Halloran Out: Pick 3

In: Langdon Out: Hunt, 37

In: Wines F3rd Out: 11, ANB

In: 25 Out Frost

In: F4th, F5th Out J.Smith (heard he wants out due to injury mismanagement...not sure truth of this)

Free Agents: Elliott, Tomlinson, Ellis Yolman, Newnes

Retired/Delistings (senior list): Lewis, Garlett, JKH, Wagner, Stretch

Total: Ins: 1, 2, B.King, B.Daniels, X O'Halloran, Langdon, Wines, 25, Elliott, Tomlinson, Ellis-Yolman, Newes, F3rd, F4th, F5th

Outs: Oliver, Salem, Hunt, Frost, J.Smith, Lewis, Garlett, JKH, Wagner, Stretch, ANB

(We had 39 senior players this year so we can increase that to the maximum of 40). 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1

11 minutes ago, BigMacjnr said:

This will be a controversial one. I am basing my ins and outs based on AFL recruiter intel I have heard that Rowell and Anderson are uniquely talented and could become stars of the competition within two years. No knowledge of this myself.

Other thought is that we are heading towards a GWS problem where we will have a lot of quality players in the older bracket that will all have their hands out for larger contracts, and so we need to balance the list with more quality youth who are on smaller contracts.

Trades: 

In: F4th, F5th Out J.Smith (heard he wants out due to injury mismanagement...not sure truth of this)

Total: Ins: 1, 2, B.King, B.Daniels, X O'Halloran, Langdon, Wines, 25, Elliott, Tomlinson, Ellis-Yolman, Newes, F3rd, F4th, F5th

Outs: Oliver, Salem, Hunt, Frost, J.Smith, Lewis, Garlett, JKH, Wagner, Stretch, ANB

(We had 39 senior players this year so we can increase that to the maximum of 40). 

Would hate to Lose clarry but that's some pretty good ins. Would never happen  but good outside the box thinking 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BigMacjnr said:

Trades: 

You lost me at trading out Oliver. didn't read on. Ridic.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, blue and red in the head said:

Would hate to Lose clarry but that's some pretty good ins. Would never happen  but good outside the box thinking 

Oliver is great but doesn't gain enough metres per game or hurt the opposition enough for his level of natural talent.

Cautious but worth a thought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigMacjnr said:

Trades: 

Hey, mate, hate to punch a few holes in your idea. It's interesting and definitely outside the box, but these are the issues I see arising;

Firstly, Gold Coast would not trade out Picks 1 and 2, and KING, for Oliver, Salem and Pick 20. They want a top 10 pick for King alone. Salem is worth, at best, a late first round pick. In all, this trade would be a huge net loss for Gold Coast.

Freo want Picks, not players, they're going to the draft this year, so they won't take hunt.

Port would want more than Pick 11 and ANB. Pretty sure they wouldn't want ANB for anything more than a 3rd round pick.

If we get 25 for Frost I would be shocked. I'd expect a late 30's pick at best.

Not sure about J.Smith. He may stay now with the change in injury management team.

Good Free Agents, don't know about Newnes though.

Those are just my thoughts, hope you come up with something else soon. It was the good read.

Edited by AshleyH30
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AshleyH30 said:

Hey, mate, hate to punch a few holes in your idea. It's interesting and definitely outside the box, but these are the issues I see arising;

Firstly, Gold Coast would not trade out Picks 1 and 2, and KING, for Oliver, Salem and Pick 20. They want a top 10 pick for King alone. Salem is worth, at best, a late first round pick. In all, this trade would be a huge net loss for Gold Coast.

Freo want Picks, not players, they're going to the draft this year, so they won't take hunt.

Port would want more than Pick 11 and ANB. Pretty sure they wouldn't want ANB for anything more than a 3rd round pick.

If we get 25 for Frost I would be shocked. I'd expect a late 30's pick at best.

Not sure about J.Smith. He may stay now with the change in injury management team.

Good Free Agents, don't know about Newnes though.

Those are just my thoughts, hope you come up with something else soon. It was the good read.

Really good feedback.

For the Gold Coast trade I valued: Oliver (1,15)...he is 22 and his statistics are off the charts (pick 22 value more than what GWS got for Treloar). Put him in the trade value class of Cripps and Bontempelli...he is a preseason and goal increase away from being truly dominant. 

Salem is played out of position, I see him as a Wing/Midfielder. In this position I rate him as worth ~pick 19.

Possibly unders. Maybe take pick 11 and 16 from GWS plus a player and trade 16 and 37 to Gold Coast which would be 6610 points vs. 6912. Would this be too much for just King, 1 and 2? I wanted King as well because I don't want to give up a player of Oliver's quality without having one player who has shown their potential against AFL competition.

25 for Frost and pick 57 equals pick 33...fair call.

This means pick 20 for Langdon. 

Would have too many ins and not enough outs and so maybe future 2nd rounder for Hunt. Freo is losing two wing players in the same offseason...I thought they might want a cheaper replacement there but if they are still in line for T.Kelly they would prefer the pick. 

Wines and future pick for 11 and Hannan? Need someone worth a late 2nd rounder in value. You are right, losing a young captain you need something to sell to the fans, AND not worth enough to get it done. Wines not coming straight back into the team as a fit captain and being shopped currently lowers his value...this is the time to buy him while his value is lowered. 

Newnes is being played out of position. He is a Half forward flanker/midfielder. Peaked in 2016-17 when they played him in these positions and dropped his outputs since shifting out of position in the backline. Saints have too many small forward on their roster and due to his quality he shifted to be their quality ball user even if it isn't his best role. RFA, second round pick compensation would be about right in his value.   

6 hours ago, BigMacjnr said:

Trades: 

Don't agree with all of it, but love that you had a crack. I wish more posters on here would give up their thoughts/ideas on what their ideal trade period looks like, but suspect most don't because other instantly go negative on it. 

• Like 1