Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

List changes who do we cut, trade or go after.

samcantstandya

26 minutes ago, BigMacjnr said:

Different trade scenario:

In/Out

Ollie Wines, Pick 9, Pick 27/Salem, Pick 3, pick 57

Langdon/pick 20 

pick 28 (32 after PP/Academy)/Frost

Pick 38

F3rd/Stretch

Free Agency: Adam Tomlinson, Jack Newnes and Ryan Lester (utility)

Retire/Delist: Lewis, Garlett, JKH, Wagner

If we are splitting pick 3 I want a really solid talent coming in...or be interested in what Geelong has after Tim Kelly leaves and see who has the most enticing offer for trading down. Shouldn't be trading down just for the sake of it. 

We don't need another inside mid, but he can play switch with Harmes/Petracca/Oliver resting forward so we have the right balance in the middle. Port are crazy to be looking at trading him out, or there is something there that isn't public knowledge.

Don't think we will win Elliott, think Hawks or Bulldogs etc will win his signature.  

Getting rid of Salem who is one of our very rare good ball users (all though that dropped off like the rest of the team as the year went on) is counter productive and pretty silly suggestion.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Demon3 said:

Getting rid of Salem who is one of our very rare good ball users (all though that dropped off like the rest of the team as the year went on) is counter productive and pretty silly suggestion.

While ordinarily I would agree with you. He is a quick and skillful midfielder/wing that we are playing off half back. Either play him in his best position or trade him out and upgrade talent of the list. We don't need Ollie Wines but I rate him higher than an underutilised Salem. Big club mentality is not to overrate your own players and take advantage of unexpected opportunities when they arise. 

My preferred option would be to trade back what would be 3+37 to possible Geelong picks: 6 + 16. Would also look at Hunt + Salem for Wines and then trade back pick 3 for 6 + 16. Need to give something to get something. 

If the coaching staff surprise me and allow Salem to have a bigger role as a mid who rests in the backline then I wouldn't trade him.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigMacjnr said:

While ordinarily I would agree with you. He is a quick and skillful midfielder/wing that we are playing off half back. Either play him in his best position or trade him out and upgrade talent of the list. We don't need Ollie Wines but I rate him higher than an underutilised Salem. Big club mentality is not to overrate your own players and take advantage of unexpected opportunities when they arise. 

My preferred option would be to trade back what would be 3+37 to possible Geelong picks: 6 + 16. Would also look at Hunt + Salem for Wines and then trade back pick 3 for 6 + 16. Need to give something to get something. 

If the coaching staff surprise me and allow Salem to have a bigger role as a mid who rests in the backline then I wouldn't trade him.   

I just dont think Wines is the player we need, not saying it would be a bad result if he ended up in the side as he is good player, but  i dont think he as a captain leaves.

Hunt & Salem are trading away 2 things we dont have, pace and skill, but i like the spit balling. 

Interesting times. I wonder if we might get involved wit the Eagles if we split the pick. Could our pick 18/19 go to the Eagles for a player back, which gets the Eagles another first rounder for the Kelly trade.... probably not!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Redleg said:

I pushed Jeremy Finlayson heavily throughout the trade period last year, when rumours surfaced that he was unhappy at the Giants.

I was very disappointed at the time that we didn't get him and more so this season as he blossomed.

This year I like McIntosh of the Tigers, who may leave, especially if not selected for the GF, which is looking likely.

He has height, pace, experience and especially finals experience, good disposal, can mark and kick a goal.

He could be handy off a HBF, HFF or wing and wouldn't be expensive.

I think Jetta and Hibberd are nearing the end of their careers and he could be a handy player for us.

That's all well and good. But his name is Kamdyn.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Strange timelines in that article. Really unclear when each player actually signed.

I shouldn't be surprised as it seem like our comms department is run by an x cold war spy intent on subterfuge, dissembling and misinformation. 

They also buried the lead - ANB has signed on for another two years!

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I am a amazed we have signed Josh Wagner to another year...

How many available spots do we have left on our list?

Four:  Lewis, Garlett, Maynard plus 1(only 39 senior listed players in 2019 so one 'extra' to fill this year).  Plus Threel Rookie spots.

Players OOC still uncontracted:  Frost, JKH, Stretch and Bradtke (B rookie). 

Really disappointed for Stretch to see both Wagners and ANB contracted and he has to wait/misses out.

Very pleased we have kept Baker, Dunkley, Lockhart and Chandler.

Edit:  Contract negotiations will be interesting next year as we will have half our list OOC in 2020.  18 Senior Listed players and 4 Rookies.  Importantly, a very uncertain time for a lot of players.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

1 minute ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Four:  Lewis, Garlett, Maynard and had only 39 senior listed players in 2019 so one 'extra' to fill this year.

Players OOC still uncontracted:  Frost, JKH, Stretch.

Really disappointed for Stretch to see both Wagners and ANB contracted and he has to wait/misses out.

Very pleased we have kept Sparrow, Dunkley, Lockhart and Chandler.

Agree.

Signing Josh Wagner to a new deal but telling Stretch he has to wait.. Stretch is far better player then Wagner. Wagner should have sat right next to Keilty and Garlett as delisted players.

On ya Mahoney..

11 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Agree.

Signing Josh Wagner to a new deal but telling Stretch he has to wait.. Stretch is far better player then Wagner. Wagner should have sat right next to Keilty and Garlett as delisted players.

On ya Mahoney..

I’d take Wagner over Stretch.  

• Like 3

Thought we had 38 +6 rookies = 44, we can have 40 + 4 =44

Lewis and Garlett gone = 36 (4 rookies are Wagner, Huntley, Lochardt, Chandler) if Frost JKH and Stretch go = possible 7 senior vacancies..

Langdon, Elliott, Thomlinson and ???? (GWS Caldwell) and three draft picks 12, 26, 38,!!!

State of the list:

• We have 4 senior list spots atm.  Frost, Stretch and JKH still uncontracted. 

That is a potential max of 7 spots available.

• We are obliged to take at least 3 from the draft.  It looks like Langdon and Tomlinson are over the line. 

That leaves a max of 2 spots. 

• Elliot might be one. 

Leaving 1 spot. 

• Someone from GWS pick 2 split, perhaps?

I still wouldn't be surprised if we trade out a contracted player...

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I am a amazed we have signed Josh Wagner to another year... talk about ypur genuine list clogger.

How many available spots do we have left on our list?

That has to go down as one of the worst extensions ever imv given what we need right now.

Keep JWags & O-Mac but lets not try too hard to keep Frosty ?

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1