Match Preview and Team Selection - Round 9

Demonland

Bull plays before Pedo. 

If they make 1 change, Viney for Weed.  

If they make 2 changes Viney, Bull for Tyson and Weed. 

If they make 3 (unlikely) changes Viney, Bull and Garlett for Tyson, Spargs and Weed. 

I think just 1 change. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

Harmes has been thrown in the ruck a few times and done okay so maybe that’ll be the plan to allow Bull to play?

That was a big fail for mine vs the Hawks Drunkn but yes it's possible.

The alternative is you play Bull and just don't have a resting ruck.   Extra ground level player / mid fielder at the drop.  Pretty sure the Bullies and Tiges have done this in the past on occasions.  Would think the aim is to half the contest at ground level while Big M is resting.

• Like 1

Know theres a lot of love for weid and Pedos not the future.......but I recall Pedo throwing his weight around more than Weid who has only recently bulked up a little. Pedo in for Weid  if only to see some carlton players laid on their ar5es. Jack in for very  unlucky Spargo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SFebey said:

If it’s like for like, then Pedo for Weid. Wouldn’t be opposed for Viney for Vince but most likely Tyson. Doubt they’ll make anymore changes to a winning team 

Vince is named in the starting eighteen so it won’t be him (more likely Tyson)! I suspect that they will bring back Garlett for the indigenous round against Adelaide next week in Alice Springs (particularly  since his relative designed the jumper)!  As for Weid’s replacement, I wouldn’t mind seeing Bull have a run.

I agree with most, two changes only.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Know theres a lot of love for weid and Pedos not the future.......but I recall Pedo throwing his weight around more than Weid who has only recently bulked up a little. Pedo in for Weid  if only to see some carlton players laid on their ar5es. Jack in for very  unlucky Spargo.

Weid has 2 kilos on Pedders if you believe the MFC stats deever.  Would like to see Weid slowly up the ante on the crashing / throwing weight bit from here now he has the weight on.  Not saying he doesn't or hasn't tried a little but a bit more of it would be a very handy addition.

Edited by Rusty Nails

5 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Bull has been playing really well in what position at Casey Drunkn?

Midfield and Forward. Mostly forward on the weekend and was unreal. Took 10 marks, including 2 hangers, a couple of goals and plenty of tackles.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

I realise The Bull Smith is somewhat of a demonland cult figure, but can anyway elaborate on his form at Casey?

I talk Bull up a lot (and for good reason) and people may think I give him too much credit. But lets look at his stats from the previous few VFL games.

v Box Hill (Played Forward) 3.3 goals, 20 Disposals, 10 marks, 7 Tackles

v Geelong (Played Midfield) 25 Disposals (Most for Casey), 12 Tackles 

v Werribee (Played FWD/MID) 1.1 Goals, 12 Dispoals (10 kicks), 9 Tackles

v Coburg (Played Forward) 2.4 Goals, 24 Dispoals, 6 marks, 2 Tackles

Has been in the Best On most weeks and an emergency for most games I believe. But the numbers really stack up especially his previous 2 weeks. This is also coming off a limited preseason. Bull is playing the best football of his life and deserves AFL games.

Edited by Drunkn167
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Whoever comes out for Viney will be stiff, up till last week I would have said ANB but then he just went and played his best game for the year. Tyson would be the next cab of the rank but he’s been better than ANB every week but last, or do we mess with the fwd line and drop Spargo and move ANB fwd full time.

Edited by Garbo

Spargo stays we don't have a pressure forward if Viney replaces him.

Viney has to replace Tyson now that Vince is in the starting 18.

Bull for Weid they should be the only 2 changes.

• Like 2

Would love to see the Bull in for Weid

Viney replaces Tyson

and happy to see Jeffy in and give Spargo a rest. 

3 hours ago, Demons11 said:

Bull plays before Pedo. 

If they make 1 change, Viney for Weed.  

If they make 2 changes Viney, Bull for Tyson and Weed. 

If they make 3 (unlikely) changes Viney, Bull and Garlett for Tyson, Spargs and Weed. 

I think just 1 change. 

I think they want, looking forward for the next month, as much mature experience as we can muster together. So >

Viney for Tyson

Garlett for Spargo.

Bull for Weide.

1 hour ago, Garbo said:

Whoever comes out for Viney will be stiff, up till last week I would have said ANB but then he just went and played his best game for the year. Tyson would be the next cab of the rank but he’s been better than ANB every week but last, or do we mess with the fwd line and drop Spargo and move ANB fwd full time.

sorry - that just is not correct.  Not by a million miles.  Watch the last three games on replay. Drink every time a pass from Tyson or a forced handball post his pass becomes a turnover.

You NOT sober.

I'm far from an ANB lover but his current form is > Tyson.

• Like 2