No White for MFC Clash Jumpers for Season 2018

Somehow I think we better get used to it...Am sure the AwFuL will want us wearing it at every opportunity as summary penance for being so maverick !!

At least the song will still make sense now...and we'll be hearing it ALL the time ...surely  !!

I loved it when we reverted to our traditional navy after our 11 year dalliance with royal blue (I remember the advertising slogan 'back in blue' like it was yesterday), and now I love the new clash rig for the nostalgia factor, and the million memories of the late and great Robbie.

Anyway, as all  AFL traditionalists would know, white was always the domain of the maggots.

• Like 2

An international sponsor and now a simple red and blue away jumper. 

Every step taken by the off field management has been a step in the right direction. 

Big one remains elusive.....a home of our own. Time needs to remain our friend and all may fall into place,both in and off the field. 

Good move Dees. 

Edited by Hot as Hell
Typo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Not a huge fan of the Royal Blue. Memories of the late ‘70’s and early 80’s watching the Demons had few highlights, But it is 100 x better than a white Jumper, at least now i know, at first glance I am watching the Demons

well done to those who kept up the views to the AFL. 

Clash Jumpers are purely a marketing tool

SWYL can you tell us what you are a fan of? Why do you really enjoy?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Watching the women's team one thing I really like about their jumper is the fact that the yoke sits a lot lower than the men's jumper:

5a700a95434de_4318630_aflw_launch_16_9_1

395327_np.jpg

This means that the sponsor and AFL logos don't interfere with design of the jumper as much.

In 2010 we had something similar, albeit the yoke wasn't as sharp as it could be:

brad-green-aaron-davey-brent-moloney-and

It would be good to go back to something like the women's / 2010 men's jumper for future.

Edited by Clint Bizkit
  • Like 2

I love the fact our clash one is only our old retro 80’s one. Being an 80’s gal, I grew up with it, so it’s not too hard to watch them in this. Frankly, I’m syrprised the AFL let us get away with it. They never seem happy unless it looks completely different from their normal one (of course Collingbog are extempt to this rule). Of course it’s navy blue all the way for me, but if we had to wear it for the grand final, I wouldn’t be too fussed. I just hope they agree to keep it like this and never change, here’s hoping.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2018 at 9:00 PM, Cards13 said:

SWYL can you tell us what you are a fan of? Why do you really enjoy?

I am a fan of winning GF’s in the Red and Dark Blue. 

The new clash strip is better than any white crap we have had to wear over the years, but i was not a fan of it back in the late 70’s and early 80’s. 

I bought a new footy jumper Round 1 1987  in celebration of leaving the light blue jumper behind. 

Sorry for not liking it. 

But it is an improvement on White

5 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

The new clash strip is better than any white crap we have had to wear over the years, but i was not a fan of it back in the late 70’s and early 80’s. 

I bought a new footy jumper Round 1 1987  in celebration of leaving the light blue jumper behind. 

Sorry for not liking it. 

Understand. No offence, but I am assuming you are older than me? I’m an 80’s girl so I was too young to remember the change happening. So, growing up it didn’t bother me. I had the wollen jumper they sell now (over $200!? Get serious) except it had no demon logo and was royal blue. Still take my royal blue VFL scarf to all home games. So it doesn’t bother me, but I can see why others don’t like it. Don’t get me wrong, I’d never want to go back to it, navy all the way. My point is if we were forced to wear a clash jumper (heaven forbid) in the grand final, at least it would be a jumper that was once official, not like the travesty’s of St Kilda’s And Richmond’s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Sorry for not liking it. 

Uhm glad we’re all caught up now, as others have said I could care less if it was a white inverted Schwabby special as long as I get to see a flag in my lifetime. The Tigs didn’t give two hoots in the jumper they wore.

I’m only 40 so there is hope.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Uhm glad we’re all caught up now, as others have said I could care less if it was a white inverted Schwabby special as long as I get to see a flag in my lifetime. The Tigs didn’t give two hoots in the jumper they wore.

I’m only 40 so there is hope.

Richmond can do what they like, i only care about the MFC. 

1 hour ago, Cassiew said:

Understand. No offence, but I am assuming you are older than me? I’m an 80’s girl so I was too young to remember the change happening. So, growing up it didn’t bother me. I had the wollen jumper they sell now (over $200!? Get serious) except it had no demon logo and was royal blue. Still take my royal blue VFL scarf to all home games. So it doesn’t bother me, but I can see why others don’t like it. Don’t get me wrong, I’d never want to go back to it, navy all the way. My point is if we were forced to wear a clash jumper (heaven forbid) in the grand final, at least it would be a jumper that was once official, not like the travesty’s of St Kilda’s And Richmond’s.

Point taken. As i said it’s 100 x better than wearing white

3 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Point taken. As i said it’s 100 x better than wearing white

Of course. I do care what we wear. I hate the white top too. I can see how those who are apathetic about what we wear as long as we win probably wouldn’t care if we had a hawk on it, if you know what I mean ?

1 minute ago, Cassiew said:

Of course. I do care what we wear. I hate the white top too. I can see how those who are apathetic about what we wear as long as we win probably wouldn’t care if we had a hawk on it, if you know what I mean ?

If the merger had gone through, i doubt i would have supported the club if a Hawk was anywhere near the front of the jumper. 

After what we witnessed in 87 & 88 i would never understand an MFC member ever cheering hard for that yellow bird

• Like 2

I mean clash jerseys is a basketball/soccer thing. Everyone was fine for over 100 years, why are they having so much problems now?