Changes v Weagles

Elwood 3184

Herald Sun reporting that Trenners is likely to come in, not the most reliable of sources but often when a player is returning from a break or injury or debuting etc. it will be leaked with the intention to build up the hype. I wouldn't be surprised if they do bring him and JHK, along with Gawn as part of the 6 day break plan they keep going on about. Might mean on top of Jones, Watts might be given a week of to make sure he's fully right and then 1 other comes out. No idea who that will be, no one really deserves to be dropped, so might be another rested. 

12 hours ago, Jaded said:

And because we are finally not playing like hot garbage and he deserves to enjoy that, not sit on the sidelines. So frustrating!

Lots of confusion in this thread with references to multiple Kennedys, whether we are ready for three six day breaks having just had the bye and whether we need more talls or should stick to the smaller team structure that's been winning recently. But to my mind the critical question to be answered is in this post. Is playing like hot garbage better or worse than playing like cold garbage?

• Like 1

Structure for mine depends on Kennedy's fitness. If Kennedy plays Omac plays on him, Frost on Darling, Tmac on Petrie. If Kennedy doesn't play, Omac on Petrie, Frost on Darling, Tmac plays forward on McGovern as a consistent contest so McGovern doesn't take many intercept marks. I think all three in the side are still a given.

If Watts gets up he can play a bit deeper to look after the hammy, and push Petracca up to play the high half forward, alongside TMac who will be at CHF. Pedersen/Gawn to wax the ruck/full-forward duties on Hurn. 

Edited by HBDee
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Lots of confusion in this thread with references to multiple Kennedys, whether we are ready for three six day breaks having just had the bye and whether we need more talls or should stick to the smaller team structure that's been winning recently. But to my mind the critical question to be answered is in this post. Is playing like hot garbage better or worse than playing like cold garbage?

It's clearly worse.  Have you smelled hot garbage?

• Like 2

Achilles tendonitis is a tricky thing to get over. Rest is often the opposite of what you need. Hibberd doesn't look laboured to me so I hope it is just mild.

That dynamic back 4 of Salem, Hibberd, Jetta, and Hunt compliment each other so well, I don't want to know life without those four.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, WA Demon13 said:

Trengove is finished and although I understand the sentament in playing him I believe it is better for the club to get games into Stretch and or Maynard.

If Hibberd is out I believe MITCH WHITE should get the gig across half back has been in excellent form with Casey!

58 minutes ago, Red and Blue realist said:

Herald Sun reporting that Trenners is likely to come in, not the most reliable of sources but often when a player is returning from a break or injury or debuting etc. it will be leaked with the intention to build up the hype. I wouldn't be surprised if they do bring him and JHK, along with Gawn as part of the 6 day break plan they keep going on about. Might mean on top of Jones, Watts might be given a week of to make sure he's fully right and then 1 other comes out. No idea who that will be, no one really deserves to be dropped, so might be another rested. 

A retrograde step if JKH and Trengove play IMV one is finished and the other is not up to it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProDee said:

Disgree.

The thought of going back to both McDonalds and Frost all in defence makes me start to perspire.

There's Hunt, Hibberd, who plays tall, Salem, and Jetta.  I don't see how 3 talls with questionable foot-skills in defence works.  

I repeat, we've won our last 6 quarters of footy with a structure of two key talls in defence (Oscar and Frost), which has contributed to Oscar's career best form.

Tom is too slow, poorly skilled and unco to be a wingman, so forget trying to come up with a leftfield solution simply to fit them all in.

For me it's a real dilemma.  I think they'll try and work through it, but I suspect they'll come to the same conclusion as me.  Structurally, I don't see both the McDonalds and Frost working.  Certainly not with Gawn back and it will be compounded when Hogan is ready.

Maybe @Fifty-5., who keenly works through these things can point me in the right direction.

I agree with you and DubDee - it's a structural issue.

When Frost and Hibberd came in OMac went out - that was a structural change but it was masked by OMac's form at the time.

Both Macs, Frost and Hibberd can't all play back there.  One ultimately has to come out.  And yet we've had thread after thread about our lack of KPD depth ...

Contrary to popular belief TMac is a better ruck option than Pedersen and Pedersen is a better forward option than TMac - see the %s they've played those roles since half-time vs Collingwood.  TMac forward may be Earl Spalding at best - he can probably play there this week with Pedersen and Watts, with OMac and Frost back 

As you point out, it really becomes an issue when Hogan comes in.  One of TMac, OMac, Frost and Pedersen HAS to go out then.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

A retrograde step if JKH and Trengove play IMV one is finished and the other is not up to it!

Have to play someone this week and make allowance's for the 6 day breaks and travel. I doubt Gawn for Jones will be the only change, and I think they wouldn't have planned to just do that either. They obviously rate JKH given he came into the team off a limited preparation in round 5. He's also been our best in his last couple of VFL games so at some point deserves another shot. 

2 hours ago, rpfc said:

Achilles tendonitis is a tricky thing to get over. Rest is often the opposite of what you need. Hibberd doesn't look laboured to me so I hope it is just mild.

That dynamic back 4 of Salem, Hibberd, Jetta, and Hunt compliment each other so well, I don't want to know life without those four.

Ive got - Achilles tendonitis

It is an overwork / overuse condition so I dont understand that "rest" is the opposite of what is required.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fifty-5 said:

And yet we've had thread after thread about our lack of KPD depth ...

No problem with the depth but there is a quality issue at this point in time.

OMac looks to be growing in the role but the last couple of weeks we haven't come up against strong KPF's.

Disposal & decision making is an issue for our 3 KPD's.

Edited by rjay

15 minutes ago, westerndemon_daz said:

Kennedy out for up to 4 weeks reporting on the news over here.

Was feeling confident anyway.. just gone up a notch

Wdd what is your profile pic? Looks like Schwabys monstrosity (which I didn't mind but seeing the current logo, kills it)

Sounds like Watts and Hibberd will both play according to Goody on SEN.

Josh Kennedy a certain out.  Gawny a certain starter.

I feel a lot more confident than I did last night. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Wdd what is your profile pic? Looks like Schwabys monstrosity (which I didn't mind but seeing the current logo, kills it)

Old Norwood Football Club Logo

1 hour ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Looks likely to miss another fortnight. 

Unless the Weagles are playing games. Heard it a few minutes ago on the radio over here.

Great undercover work there ET!