dazzledavey36

From our best 22 I have definitely out:

Viney
Jones
Tyson
Salem
Watts
(Brayshaw)

Pluse Garlett and Hogan as tests for next week. Have I forgotten anyone? 

[Edit] I included Brayshaw because if he'd been given a clean run at it I think he'd be pushing into our best 22. Particularly given are current injuries. 

Edited by Pates
  • Like 1

Agree, had the same 8 in my top 22!

Getting Hogan, Garlett up front makes us look a lot more dangerous, hopefully Tyson is okay, and a nine day break will make a big difference, we just looked tired & slow on Friday night.

We need a bit of luck on the injury front, get over Carlton next week and will still be well positioned for the eight.

Dees are hanging in well, if you took out a key forward and just two of the top three midfielders from the other top eight teams it makes a huge difference:

GWS - Cameron, Kelly & Coniglio (GWS only team with enough depth due to all of their AFL concessions) -

Crows - Walker, Laird, Sloane (just tag Sloane & they can't win)

Geelong - Hawkins & Dangerfield or Selwood

Richmond - Riewoldt, Martin, Cotchin (actually no Martin would finish the Tigers)

Port - Wines, Boak & Robbie Gray (Port have no injuries and can't beat a top 8 team)

WC - Kennedy, Shuey & Mitchell

Swans - Buddy, Kennedy & Hannaberry (lost first six rounds With injuries)

Bombers - Daniher, Zaharakis & Heppell

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Barassi said:

Michael Hibberd says hello

Good point but Hibberd came back via Casey. The point i am trying to make is that by the time we get these players back (which given our current lack of depth will be crucial to winning games), the gate will have shut. Over the next 4 weeks, West Coast, Sydney, Bulldogs, St Kilda and possibly Essendon will have gone past us. Then we play GWS away. Season over.

32 minutes ago, Travis16 said:

And possibly damage done by then ...not MFCSS, just fact

Catastrophic.

Best we can hope for is to build some momentum in August and scrape into the eight.

Would need our luck to change a bit.

47 minutes ago, Travis16 said:

And possibly damage done by then ...not MFCSS, just fact

We just need to scrap it out the next few weeks and find a way to win. Carlton is a decent side and would be favourites given our outs but it is a game we can win. We need to beat North and by that stage will have good players returning. Bulldogs did it last year, there is no reason we cannot do the same.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobby1554 said:

Good point but Hibberd came back via Casey. The point i am trying to make is that by the time we get these players back (which given our current lack of depth will be crucial to winning games), the gate will have shut. Over the next 4 weeks, West Coast, Sydney, Bulldogs, St Kilda and possibly Essendon will have gone past us. Then we play GWS away. Season over.

5 posts. One about a lack of leadership in April, one halfway through the win over the GC, and three about how the season is over now.

Good positivity from you.

• Like 1

Given we won two of the last four games, that I'd assumed we'd lose prior to the season ( Dogs and Eagles), we are actually doing ok.

Factor in the injuries, and we're doing really well. This period and the next month is testing our depth and resilience, and, with the exception of Friday nights game, we've done exceptionally well. 

Next month will continue to challenge, but the month prior to finals should see us with several coming back and building momentum. 

Season still ours for the taking. 

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

Given we won two of the last four games, that I'd assumed we'd lose prior to the season ( Dogs and Eagles), we are actually doing ok.

Factor in the injuries, and we're doing really well. This period and the next month is testing our depth and resilience, and, with the exception of Friday nights game, we've done exceptionally well. 

Next month will continue to challenge, but the month prior to finals should see us with several coming back and building momentum. 

Season still ours for the taking. 

I'd consider Sydney loss as the first game this season where we were comprehensively beaten and we lost by 6 goals.  Carlton this Sunday will be another tough game and a good test for our team.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chookrat said:

I'd consider Sydney loss as the first game this season where we were comprehensively beaten and we lost by 6 goals.  Carlton this Sunday will be another tough game and a good test for our team.

Just for my theory, and a different perspective, regarding Friday's game, at what point of the game did you think we were done?

I thought there were still chances at 3/4 time to be honest, Chook

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, willmoy said:

Just for my theory, and a different perspective, regarding Friday's game, at what point of the game did you think we were done?

1/2 way through 2nd qtr...could just see the dam gates breaking to the strain.

18 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

1/2 way through 2nd qtr...could just see the dam gates breaking to the strain.

Yep, maybe, just a little bit of difference in the  mindset re invigoration  between the "old me supporter"  circa end 1954 to 2015 and the new aggro me supporter 2016 onward.

6 minutes ago, martin said:

Latest is Viney 4-6 weeks depending on if tear or not. Hoping it is to avoid surgery. Tyson 1-2.Both the best we could have hoped for.

Source?

Injuries have ruined our season.

I reckon we'd be on 2 losses max, had we not lost Gawn and Hogan for most of the season, and now Jones, Viney, Salem, Tyson, Jeffy and Watts. That is a disastrous injury list, and one no club would recover from.

We'd be lucky to win 1 out of the next 4 matches without basically our entire midfield. Oliver and Trac look exhausted, and Gawn will take a while to get back to full flight. It might be time for Lewis and Vince to step up in the middle.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

5 posts. One about a lack of leadership in April, one halfway through the win over the GC, and three about how the season is over now.

There's a few of these around, titan.  Some only show up in gameday threads to pot the team and disappear when things are going well.  Either they are horrible supporters or trolls from elsewhere looking to stir up trouble.

6 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Source?

Injuries have ruined our season.

I reckon we'd be on 2 losses max, had we not lost Gawn and Hogan for most of the season, and now Jones, Viney, Salem, Tyson, Jeffy and Watts. That is a disastrous injury list, and one no club would recover from.

We'd be lucky to win 1 out of the next 4 matches without basically our entire midfield. Oliver and Trac look exhausted, and Gawn will take a while to get back to full flight. It might be time for Lewis and Vince to step up in the middle.  

Doc Larkins.3AW. Usually fairly reliable.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pates said:

From our best 22 I have definitely out:

Viney
Jones
Tyson
Salem
Watts
(Brayshaw)

Pluse Garlett and Hogan as tests for next week. Have I forgotten anyone? 

[Edit] I included Brayshaw because if he'd been given a clean run at it I think he'd be pushing into our best 22. Particularly given are current injuries. 

Garlett & Hogan want be risked  & want play next week 

2 hours ago, willmoy said:

Probably until 10 mins into the 4th - we kicked the first goal and they were under pressure, we then missed a very gettable set shot and then they scored. From that point they maintained full control of the game.

Despite being smashed for 3 quarters we were still in the match until early into the 4th.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

Yep, got it wrong during GC game. I suppose thats what 52 years supporting this club does to you. Yeah i could be positive and say we will win next weekend, but the realist in me says otherwise. And i think if you polled all of the posters on this site most would agree. A "horrible supporter", Wiseblood? No, one thats just seen it all way too many times before

6 hours ago, bobby1554 said:

The thing is with the season so even most sides are halving their wins ie they play each other and only one can win, so it will be possible to drop a couple and not fall too far behind