• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE BOMBERS' DOPING SAGA - THE FAT LADY SINGS

Whispering_Jack

• 2 weeks later...

I had a trivia question on the weekend. Name the AFL player that returned their Brownlow? I answered that it has not happened, he still has it. People don't get it, The cheat should be banned from the AFL until he returns his ill gotten gains. He is a drug cheat not a hero.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ManDee said:

I had a trivia question on the weekend. Name the AFL player that returned their Brownlow? I answered that it has not happened, he still has it. People don't get it, The cheat should be banned from the AFL until he returns his ill gotten gains. He is a drug cheat not a hero.

his manager kelly said in december "the dog ate it". essendon club said they haven't even discussed it with watson. they all seem to be giving the finger to the afl who in their normal mo seem incapable (or scared) to make any decisions to put an end to the debacle. shades of "maintain the rage", play the martyr

26 minutes ago, ManDee said:

Hope you challenged this 'fact'

5 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Hope you challenged this 'fact'

Beeb I am a pragmatist. My answer was, 'It has not happened but Jobe Watson is reported to have returned his ill gotten Brownlow.'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, biggestred said:

I dunno why the hell if youre an essendon apologist youd be bringing it up! Surely youd just zip it and hope everyone forgets about it.

What a disgrace from the afl

He's a few branches short of a tree, is Robbo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daisycutter said:

For Robbo:  Yes it does matter.  The medal is now not just a piece of tin.  It is now a real collectors item simply because of the rarity of its 'provenance'.   And he is still the official winner on the EFC website.   http://www.essendonfc.com.au/player-profile/jobe-watson  For them nothing has changed and the AFL is condoning the lie. 

Its an insult to the history of the Brownlow and to Mitchell and Crotchin. Jobe must give it back and his name expunged from all records not just an asterisk beside his name.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 11

Last night I said to a friend I would be surprised if many of the 10 banned players returning at Essendon will get senior games, as most of them were not often in the best 22 in 2015.  Today I saw this:  http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-06/no-guarantees-for-returning-bombers-says-worsfold

Oh my, how the narrative has changed! 

A few months ago it was 'we can't wait to get them back' implying back on the park playing senior football.  Now its:  "...Worsfold said there would be no guarantees given to the group ahead of the home and away season, with no extra loyalty afforded their way for knocking back rival offers to come back to Essendon after their suspensions".

I'm surprised to hear Worsfold say that in public.  It is such a blatant contrast to the club's adulation of players showing their loyalty by signing up again.  Clearly loyalty is a one way street!! 

We will never know what they were told before signing up or if this is an about face.  If the latter well silly players for trusting that club again! 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Put Robbo in charge of digging upThe Whitehouse front Lawn and tell him that's where it was misplaced by Wat's his name....

5 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Last night I said to a friend I would be surprised if many of the 10 banned players returning at Essendon will get senior games, as most of them were not often in the best 22 in 2015.  Today I saw this:  http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-06/no-guarantees-for-returning-bombers-says-worsfold

Oh my, how the narrative has changed! 

A few months ago it was 'we can't wait to get them back' implying back on the park playing senior football.  Now its:  "...Worsfold said there would be no guarantees given to the group ahead of the home and away season, with no extra loyalty afforded their way for knocking back rival offers to come back to Essendon after their suspensions".

We will never know what they were told before signing up or if this is an about face.  If the latter well silly players for trusting that club again! 

Could be a bit of discord in the camp!!!!

2 hours ago, willmoy said:

Put Robbo in charge of digging upThe Whitehouse front Lawn and tell him that's where it was misplaced by Wat's his name....

Could be a bit of discord in the camp!!!!

I am sure their pharmacist / coach could dispense something to sort that out. 

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

For Robbo:  Yes it does matter.  The medal is now not just a piece of tin.  It is now a real collectors item simply because of the rarity of its 'provenance'.   And he is still the official winner on the EFC website.   http://www.essendonfc.com.au/player-profile/jobe-watson  For them nothing has changed and the AFL is condoning the lie. 

Its an insult to the history of the Brownlow and to Mitchell and Crotchin. Jobe must give it back and his name expunged from all records not just an asterisk beside his name.

What an absolute disgrace...I heard McLachlan Junior on radio this morning say that the AFL do not really care but it will be raised and discussed within the next 2 weeks.

It is so obvious that all involved under the AFL Umbrella just want this to all go away.

Jab's illegitimate Medal will become a collectors item on ebay if it ever surfaces...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

What an absolute disgrace...I heard McLachlan Junior on radio this morning say that the AFL do not really care but it will be raised and discussed within the next 2 weeks.

It is so obvious that all involved under the AFL Umbrella just want this to all go away.

Jab's illegitimate Medal will become a collectors item on ebay if it ever surfaces...

best way to help it go away is firstly to return the medal then for slobbo et al (including gill the dill) to quit the apologia.......but i don't believe the zealots want it to go away

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

best way to help it go away is firstly to return the medal then for slobbo et al (including gill the dill) to quit the apologia.......but i don't believe the zealots want it to go away

If you say something loud and often it begins to sound true to large numbers of the unwashed dc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

of course not...we are supposed to feel Sympathy to the hard done by Jab

An another note,

I have a couple of snazzy bogan commodores for sale, recently re-sprayed.

No paperwork, going cheap, cash only.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Biffen said:

An another note,

I have a couple of snazzy bogan commodores for sale, recently re-sprayed.

No paperwork, going cheap, cash only.

I heard they were wearing Jack Viney masks........................................

• Like 1

12 hours ago, old dee said:

If you say something loud and often it begins to sound true to large numbers of the unwashed dc.

Ja Herr Goebells.

• Like 1

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/jobe-watson-has-returned-his-2012-brownlow-medal-to-the-afl-20170208-gu8g0o.html

A bit more info on return of the medal:  "The delivery of the medal was handled by McLachlan, Watson and Watson's father Tim".

But Gil is still stalling: "...the league CEO added he had "no idea" what the AFL would do with the relinquished Brownlow." There is only one thing to do - Melt it down so that no-one can gain any future commercial value from it.  And Gil should demand Essendon take out the 2012 Brownlow medal from Watson's profile on their website!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/jobe-watson-has-returned-his-2012-brownlow-medal-to-the-afl-20170208-gu8g0o.html

A bit more info on return of the medal:  "The delivery of the medal was handled by McLachlan, Watson and Watson's father Tim".

But Gil is still stalling: "...the league CEO added he had "no idea" what the AFL would do with the relinquished Brownlow." There is only one thing to do - Melt it down so that no-one can gain any future commercial value from it.  And Gil should demand Essendon take out the 2012 Brownlow medal from Watson's profile on their website!

These people are without doubt some of the slimiest creatures to ever be involved in our great game. I reckon its a deflection, and a deal has already been done to hand it back to the convicted drug cheat after the heat dies down.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, faultydet said:

These people are without doubt some of the slimiest creatures to ever be involved in our great game. I reckon its a deflection, and a deal has already been done to hand it back to the convicted drug cheat after the heat dies down.

When I read the story my first thoughts were exactly that, Jobe will end up with the medal.