THANKS FROM ALL OF US AT DEMONLAND

Demonland

It's that time of year again when we thank all those who have contributed to Demonland during the past season and all those who post here or simply visit and read without posting.

We value your contributions and ongoing support - especially to Nasher who keeps us going on the technical side, to our moderators whose task is often thankless. Surprisingly, even when our team improves as it has this year, their job is still no more easy.

Special thanks to our regular contributors, Whispering Jack, George on The Outer, The Oracle, JVM, KC from Casey and all others who have provided us with material and articles.

We hope the Bulldogs' great win yesterday will prove an inspiration top our young team and that 2017 will be the year that we finally break through that ceiling and experience a taste of finals football. As the Doggies proved, once you're there, anything can happen.

We also look forward to the inaugural women's competition and hope a finals appearance there will be a prelude for later in the year.

As always, we are on the look out for new contributors who have something to say about the mighty Demons. If you have the talent or simply want something to say about the club in articlae form, please contact me via PM.

Cheers, thanks again and keep your eye on the red and the blue.

Andy

• Like 31

17 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Thanks for giving a bunch of Demon loving misfits a place to share our love (and sometimes endless frustration)! I think my connection to the MFC would be far weaker without Demonland.

Spot on Nasher mine would definately be weaker.

There have been times over the last decade that Land keep me going.

• Like 5

it's we who should be thanking you . and I do . Thanks :)

• Like 7

We argue, we bicker, we nuance.  At the heart of all things we follow and love our Demons. What a shrink would make of that god only knows !! 

Ive had the good fortune to make some acquaintances and indeed some friends.  Thankyou

There are those here who knock heads, and Im among those but would gladly share a beer or wine with as we are all MELBOURNE

GoDees  and more power to you , go you good Demonland 

oh and btw  this is by FAR the very best  AFL fan site....kudos..  take a worthy and well earned bow 

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 4

Always enjoy every contribution. Can't match the wit and knowledge and certainly not in a timely fashion.

Hope the players can take something from the doggies and add the passion exhibited by Dlanderrs to their performance.

• Like 3

I have been on the road since Round 2 and The Old Demonland has given me that little connection with home (When the WiFi works)

A season that showed glimpses of great then punched the sh!t out of us. 

2017 has to get serious. The Dogs showed us that. 

Steal a Flag '17

• Like 2

Thanks to all who work to keep Demonland online. We are a weird bunch, but all the better for having this way to share our love of the Demons. Go Dees! Go Demonland!

• Like 3

Good Morning

Thank you for running such a great site. While this is my first post I spend many hours reading all the interesting posts. 

The next few years should be exciting for long suffering Demon supporters. This site has everything to keep Demon supporters up to date with the latest news. Glen  Bartlett,  Peter Jackson, Paul Roos, and Simon Goodwin are doing a great job of making us a good competitive football club again. I am already looking forward to season 2017 , and I will able to keep up to date due to this great site.

Again thank you for running such a great site.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ditcha said:

Good Morning

Thank you for running such a great site. While this is my first post I spend many hours reading all the interesting posts. 

The next few years should be exciting for long suffering Demon supporters. This site has everything to keep Demon supporters up to date with the latest news. Glen  Bartlett,  Peter Jackson, Paul Roos, and Simon Goodwin are doing a great job of making us a good competitive football club again. I am already looking forward to season 2017 , and I will able to keep up to date due to this great site.

Again thank you for running such a great site.

Hi and welcome Ditcha.

I really hope you are not braysure in his ninja suit.

So, what do you think about the site?

Edited by faultydet
  • Like 1

Being a Demonlander sometimes feels like marriage; brilliant, frustrating, maddening, enlightening, cryptic, critical, sharing, interrogating, harmony and disunity all in the one place. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks Demonland community for all the trash and treasure that flows in you, and through you, to little old me.

Thanks to the Demonland functionaries - your work is muchly appreciated. 

• Like 1

Ditto to all of the above.

Notwithstanding the most horrendous loss (read Essendrug & Carlscum), or the most elevating victory (read GWS and Hawthorn),  the endlessly entertaining, (and occasionally informative), posts on Demonland never fail to entertain, infuriate, exasperate and inspire all "true believers",  (at the risk of  channeling Paul Keating), and thereby elevate them above the overwhelming mundanity of the vast majority of AFL followers who have never experienced the inimitable feelings of despair/dedication that only those who bleed red & blue truly feel.

Thank you to all of those who moderate, contribute and proselytize on Demonland.

Confess to being a Demonland 'tragic', :wacko:  so thanks to all posters for getting me thru some bad seasons.

In addition to the moderators and the people already mentioned I would like to add 'AngryAtCasey' to the list to specifically thank.  Each week he goes to a lot of trouble to write up how each senior player has performed.  His descriptions are insightful and balanced, without hyperbole or favouritism.  Really appreciate your work 'Angry'.

ps @AngryAtCasey  ...where does the 'Angry' come from - you never sound angry to me?

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Confess to being a Demonland 'tragic', :wacko:  so thanks to all posters for getting me thru some bad seasons.

In addition to the moderators and the people already mentioned I would like to add 'AngryAtCasey' to the list to specifically thank.  Each week he goes to a lot of trouble to write up how each senior player has performed.  His descriptions are insightful and balanced, without hyperbole or favouritism.  Really appreciate your work 'Angry'.

ps @AngryAtCasey  ...where does the 'Angry' come from - you never sound angry to me?

Cheers LH.

Nowhere near as Angry as I was about 4 years ago under the previous regime.  Since then though I changed my user name to what it is now and am a little older with kids, so the anger is redirected and generally softened with the consumption of an amber liquid.

Live about a 200m walk from Casey Fields which allows me to get to a lot of games there, and should give credit to my beautiful wife who is happy to mind the young kids while I watch the games.  Having said that, as a St Kilda supporter she does have a lot to make up for.

But yes a special thanks to the mods, administrators and  KC at Casey for all their hard work and to all our unique posters who help make Demonland what it is.

• Like 1

I learn a lot from Demonland.( with appropriate filtering!).

I particularly appreciate some of the editorial-type posts, which I think are top class. But there are many thoughtful and knowledgeable posters, whose input I find valuable.

Thanks so much Nasher, WJ and Scoop. We're all hopeful, optimistic Demons!

• 2 weeks later...