Trengove signs

sue

1 minute ago, picket fence said:

And so by the same logic Jack Trengove should now be gone!! But isn't?? ! Brilliant!

I REST MY CASE!

Is your case made of Walnut?

19 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Still doesn't answer the question.... Whose spot does he take??

HMMMMM?

Well, take this week for example; as he is the emergency he would take the position of any midfielder or flanker who is injured or sick. That's on form, not sentiment.

Next year, after a full preseason he could take the spot of anyone in the team he has that much talent and passion. The way he has come back from this 'career ending' injury, I wouldn't count anything out for him.

16 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Cmon Chook, Mc Donald was three times the footballer Trengove ever was!

Which just goes to show that you have absolutely no understanding of what his true value to the footy club was. Same goes with Trenners.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nasher said:

People, if you see posts that upset you, use the "Report post" button that appears at the top of the posts.  Don't engage in an argument with the person about it, that is likely to end you up in hot water as well for topic derailment.  I'm getting very tired of continually having to clean these threads up to keep them readable, and bans are going to start being handed out.

Nasher, really?! It's a footy forum? Comment/discussion/argument is par for the course I'd have thought. Or has something been delet d that was out of order?

Ps Picket yelling the loudest and longest doesn't make you right. And being correct doesn't make you right either. Grow up know all.

Edited by Cards13
Further follow up added
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Chook said:

Which just goes to show that you have absolutely no understanding of what his true value to the footy club was. Same goes with Trenners.

Which goes to show that I do know! I know what his true value was !! That's why I was totally dismayed at his treatment. 

I repeat Junior Mac was three time the player and leader that Trengove was!

2 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Nasher, really?! It's a footy forum? Comment/discussion/argument is par for the course I'd have thought. 

Ps Picket yelling the loudest and longest doesn't make you right. And being correct doesn't make you right either. Grow up know all.

Ho Ho Ho being correct doesn't make me right!?? 

Yeah Right!

1 minute ago, picket fence said:

Which goes to show that I do know! I know what his true value was !! That's why I was totally dismayed at his treatment. 

I repeat Junior Mac was three time the player and leader that Trengove was!

And I repeat that delisting him damaged the fabric of our footy club, just like delisting Jack Trengove would have done exclamation point.

Jnr Mac couldn't kick a drop kick for 17 years.

Very happy to hear this. If one or two of our core midfielders go down next year i would expect Trengrove to be the perfect replacement, and who knows with another injury free pre-season he may get back to what he was in his first few years :)! I expect that this means Grimes is gone as i feel we could only sign one of them.

5 minutes ago, Chook said:

And I repeat that delisting him damaged the fabric of our footy club, just like delisting Jack Trengove would have done exclamation point.

No sorry Chook cannot agree with this! At the time Trengove and Grimes were co captains we had No leadership ! Zilch! It ws a very bad choice with not too much elese on offer! We now have many leaders ready to take the mantle! Cutting Trengove now would be absorbed and we would move on effortlessly!

But we again played the cheese instead of the trap!

Edited by picket fence

1 minute ago, Ted Fidge said:

Two players who hired a sprint coach and got faster.

Bob Skilton

Kevin Bartlett

Some of you may have heard of them.

And I bet the players paid for them with their own money, well now that I think about it maybe not Kevin. But you know what I mean. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dee-tox said:

Pickett, take some advice. Say what what you have to say then STFU. You're like a child the way you carry on.

I never take advice!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Still doesn't answer the question.... Whose spot does he take??

HMMMMM?

What if he adds rather than takes? I think you are looking at this way too simplistically picket. At best he'll be pushing guys like Hunt, Wagner, Kent, Vince, Milkshake, BenKen and Hibberd (?) to either improve or be dropped to the Casey. At worst he adds inexpensive depth to come in for injuries or poor form. I'd love to see him improve his tank and speed to push those mentioned To the limit of senior selection. I'm not saying he's better or worse than those mentioned, moreso that I'd rather he push them at selection time each week than MJones, Grimes, JKH or Riley.

An athlete not being able to get faster is probably the most absurd thing I've heard on here... Especially following the olympics.

If your pace is set in stone, then how does a runner improve? Post pb's? What do they do at training with their coaches??

• Like 1

Just now, Moonshadow said:

What if he adds rather than takes? I think you are looking at this way too simplistically picket. At best he'll be pushing guys like Hunt, Wagner, Kent, Vince, Milkshake, BenKen and Hibberd (?) to either improve or be dropped to the Casey. At worst he adds inexpensive depth to come in for injuries or poor form. I'd love to see him improve his tank and speed to push those mentioned To the limit of senior selection. I'm not saying he's better or worse than those mentioned, moreso that I'd rather he push them at selection time each week than MJones, Grimes, JKH or Riley.

Ah Moonman, some brevity and lucid possibilities you suggest!

You make some valid pionts here! I can see the logic in your appriasal!

8 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Ho Ho Ho being correct doesn't make me right!?? 

Yeah Right!

You've had a long Friday lunch I expect. 

You're not On your pat malone on if Trenners will make it. Being correct or not doesnt make you right in your approach.

Do you have anything to do with coaching by the way? 

3 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

You've had a long Friday lunch I expect. 

You're not On your pat malone on if Trenners will make it. Being correct or not doesnt make you right in your approach.

Do you have anything to do with coaching by the way? 

No Comment re coaching,!! However, I enjoyed the 'Robust' debate on this topic!

It makes Demonland such a wonderful forum for all!;)

Cheers all,

PF

Edited by picket fence

17 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Ho hum, so  not one poster can tell me Whose spot he would take!! So I take it no ones! 

Therefore he plays at Casey for the year. Wonderful!

Following that logic, we'd have a list of only 22.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Nasher, really?! It's a footy forum? Comment/discussion/argument is par for the course I'd have thought. Or has something been delet d that was out of order?

You've got the wrong end of the stick mate, the posts in question are gone.  Had nothing to do with picket - at least his incessant ramblings are on topic.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Roos was looking for draft picks, with the idea being that we were hoping to package a couple of first rounders together to lure Dangerfield to the club.  I'm sure we tested the waters with a number of players, and when Richmond showed interest, we bit.

Actually it was to get the pick 12 for Jake Lever who Roos rated extremely highly.

• Like 2