Finals 2016

Demi Dee

5 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

If things go our way, theres a good chance we would be playing the Cats in consecutive weeks.  Wouldn't that be something? Getting ahead but I wonder if it would be held at Etihad or Kardinia park? Doubt it would be at the MCG.

Dont think we will need to worry about the percentage gap between us and the Kangas for Round 23,  as it will evaporate next weekend when the Swans mash them.

It'll be at the G.

There is no chance of a final between two Victorian clubs being held anywhere other than the G.

Let's just focus on beating Carlton next week and see what happens.

• Like 1

so whats a rough points differential for what we have to make up now? I wouldn't have thought it would be much more than us winning by 2 goals each week and them losing by roughly 2 goals the next 2 weeks?

I'm already thinking if we win 2 and they lose 2 its finals time baby! How heartbreaking would a Geelong win be followed by a North win against GWS

I

7 minutes ago, FireInTheBelly said:

I wonder if Derwayne has realised we can still make the 8 yet.

I'm sure he has now that we are the only contender left standing. When there were 1, 2, many he couldn't get his head around such large numbers.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, highroller said:

so whats a rough points differential for what we have to make up now? I wouldn't have thought it would be much more than us winning by 2 goals each week and them losing by roughly 2 goals the next 2 weeks?

I'm already thinking if we win 2 and they lose 2 its finals time baby! How heartbreaking would a Geelong win be followed by a North win against GWS

I

It's about 60 points.

If we win both games and they lose both games, then that's an average of 15 point margins for each game.

If we beat Carlton by 30 and they lose to Sydney by 30, then I think that will have our percentages roughly equal going into Round 23.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CBDees said:

I wish I had known that. Investing $100 for a potential $2.5 Million payout is better than TattsLotto.

I think youd have to invest $1000, if my math is right? Still.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

It's about 60 points.

If we win both games and they lose both games, then that's an average of 15 point margins for each game.

If we beat Carlton by 30 and they lose to Sydney by 30, then I think that will have our percentages roughly equal going into Round 23.

That scenario is very possible.

3 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Actually, if it does go down to the Geelong game, and its a sellout, i wonder if they would televise it?

Sadly at KP, so would be a sell out regardless. As for televising it it'll depend on who's covering the game, seven or Foxtel. 

Incidentally I wonder at what point will the AFL stop having us as a KP away team. They haven't sent Pies, Essendon, Carlton, Richmond down there for years but surely we could argue potential higher gate returns away from Geelong. 

Alternative could be Etihad, not sure I want that! :wacko:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pates said:

Sadly at KP, so would be a sell out regardless. As for televising it it'll depend on who's covering the game, seven or Foxtel. 

Not sold out yet but only single seats available since I looked on Friday unless you use the resell facility. Even appears standing room might be sold out since there's no GA category to select. Seven is doing the game on the usual 90 min delay for a Saturday arvo game. Probably out of their hands and up to the AFL.

There will be something poetic about getting to play Geelong a second time, if we can beat them in r23.  We will have simultaneously given GWS a huge incentive to Beat the Kangas and make the top 4 if we beat Geelong. I wonder if the margin of a GWS win over the Kangas would decide whether we would play Geelong or at Spotless v GWS. Will also decide if we make the 8. Interesting scenario's at play

Edited by johndemons
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

I think youd have to invest $1000, if my math is right? Still.

Let's hope that the AFL moves our Round 23 match to the "G"!

If us and Geelong both win next week, the final round could well turn out to be of blockbuster proportions and it would be silly having it played in the smallest capacity ground in Victoria!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Let's hope that the AFL moves our Round 23 match to the "G"!

If us and Geelong both win next week, the final round could well turn out to be of blockbuster proportions and it would be silly having it played in the smallest capacity ground in Victoria!

I wish. Not going to happen though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FireInTheBelly said:

I wonder if Derwayne has realised we can still make the 8 yet.

During the last five minutes of the TWSNBN and GC game he commented how TWSNBN would cost us a position in the Eight, nice eh?  

24 minutes ago, CBDees said:

But it's not their home ground.

If all grounds were the same size, same dimensions and played the same you could mount an argument but they truly have a home ground advantage in Geelong and that doesn't even include all the supporters they will have.

1 hour ago, Watts2Hogan said:

Not sold out yet but only single seats available since I looked on Friday unless you use the resell facility. Even appears standing room might be sold out since there's no GA category to select. Seven is doing the game on the usual 90 min delay for a Saturday arvo game. Probably out of their hands and up to the AFL.

What's the story with the ticketing for the Geelong game ? If only single tickets are on sale does that mean only single seats are left ? Hard to justify spending the $100+ on the resale multiple tickets... & does that mean standing room is gone too ? 

1 hour ago, Clint Bizkit said:

But it's not their home ground.

If all grounds were the same size, same dimensions and played the same you could mount an argument but they truly have a home ground advantage in Geelong and that doesn't even include all the supporters they will have.

This is why it does my head in that they can play so many home games away from their home ground.

• Like 1

It will still take a mammoth effort to get there, but how good would it be to face Geelong with a legit chance of making it?  I'll be a nervous wreck.

Regardless of the outcome, it holds us in good stead for 2017 and we can look forward to seeing our boys put in another strong off season in anticipation of finals football.