CASEY SCORPIONS v ESSENDON VFL

KC from Casey

Absolutely sensational to see the VFL players putting pressure on the firsts, drop off on form and you drop out of the side. 

We have the best side I've seen in my many years of supporting Melbourne and that's not just because of the win today, it's because we now have about 30 players that are capable of playing firsts and the side wouldn't lose a lot. 

• Like 5

Thanks for those who posted. What a great win for the Scorpions and what a great day for the MFC & Casey alignment!

Casey Scorpions 3.5.23 8.6.54 15.7.97 20.9.129

Essendon 0.1.1 2.3.15 4.3.27 6.7.43

Goals

Casey Scorpions Kennedy-Harris 4 Hulett 3 Ainsworth Salem T Smith 2 Grimes McInerney Morris Neal-Bullen Scott Terlich White

Essendon Coghlan Eades Heppell  Holmes  Redman  Stokes  

Best

Casey Scorpions Kennedy-Harris Salem Grimes Hutchins Neal-Bullen McInerney

Essendon Carboni Holmes Heppell Simpkin Langford

Disposals Neal-Bullen 36 Grimes 35 Trengove 32 Michie 31 M Jones 30 Kennedy 28 Salem 25 D Collis Kennedy-Harris 24

• Like 11

Thanks for the reports lads n ladies what a gr8 day.

I hope the dees do the right thing by Casey and keep the boys going all the way in the vfl. 

Ps good to see jkh back...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

A lot of people had written JKH off, not me.

Garlett hasn't exactly cemented a spot as the small forward in the team at the moment.

Me neither. 

Not convinced he's a pure small forward though, not all that quick. Still like him as a half forward who has neat inside 50 kicking skills and a good step. Similar to Jetta but as a forward, I'd like to hang on to him like we did Nev. 

• Like 2

Thanks for all the reports

Where did 

- JKH play? Small forward?

- Hulett? Tall forward?

Who did the ruck work?

• Like 1

My player run down for the night. Now i was there with people, so didn't pay as much attention as usual. Also a lot of the players wore different numbers then usual that didn't help.

Christian Salem: Played well and used it cleanily. Kicked a couple of goals which was nice to see. Is probably ready for a senior recall when required.

Jack Trengove: Did a lot of work inside and won a lot of contested ball. He and Neal-Bullen were big reasons for Casey's dominance in the engine room.

Lyndon Dunn: Didn't have a lot to do tonight, and despite giving away a soft 50 and goal i thought he defended well and provided good leadership and direction out on the field.

Ben Newton: I didn't spot him at all. Will allow others to confirm if he played or not.

Colin Garland: Did his job. Defended well when needed, however didn't stand out at all. Didn't really have the opportunity to.

Viv Michie: We know Viv will likely be delisted at seasons end. But he's a much improved player for mine despite this. Got plenty of ball on the outside and provided a lot of run. Something he never did 2 years ago. He played a good game.

Jay Kennedy Harris: Best game i've seen him play in 2 years. Was busy around the contest. Linked up well to provided run, used the ball well and finished off his good work with 4 goals. A performance that could put pressure on Jeff over the final weeks of the season.

Liam Hulett: Was the main forward target and he did it well. Competed all night long, kicked a few goals and was physical at the contest. With him, the weed and Hogan, our young key forward stocks look good for years to come.

Alex Neal-Bullen: Like Trengove, Nibbler was dominate around the stoppages. He seems to have a bit better ability to get the ball out in space, and i still think he could become a very good player.

Jack Grimes: Was also very good tonight and his ability to win ball not just on the inside but also outside was a highlight. I have no doubt Grimey will be on a AFL list somewhere next year. Still has plenty of football left in him.

Ben Kennedy: For mine he was best on ground after 1/4 time. It's a comment said a lot about Kennedy on this forum, but he's too good for VFL. Was involved in everything, and it's having players like Kennedy as depth that will help us climb the ladder.

Mitch White: Best of the defenders for mine and he didn't miss a kick all night. The week off certainly did him some good. I keep high hopes for Mitch and expect him to be promoted at the end of the year.

Joel Smith: I didn't spot him until the final term, so didn't have a big night, but as i said earlier, i probably didn't pay as much attention as i  usually do.

Matt Jones: Typical Matt Jones game. Got plenty of it. Provided plenty of run. Didn't use it overly well. But his spread is very, very good it must be said.

Dean Terlich: A busy game. The half forward pressure role seems to suit him. His ordinary disposal isn't on show as much this way. Happy for him he's playing good football.

They did it in a canter the Scorpions in a match i thought they may be tested. The Dees had a great win today also, the Olympics are on and the egg & bacon roll was brilliant as always. What a great day is all i can say!

• Like 28

14 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Thanks for all the reports

Where did 

- JKH play? Small forward?

- Hulett? Tall forward?

Who did the ruck work?

JKH rotated between half forward and wing mainly. 

Yes Hulett was the main key forward.

Casey listed player Oscar McInnery (check spelling) rucked tonight and competed well. Only his 2nd game i think.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Moneider96 said:

I stand by what i heard earlier this evening. Was as good as being from the horses mouth.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Moneider96 said:

His post was removed. Maybe dear old dad doesn't know his son quite as well as he thought he did and Michael said sorry dad it's true and asked him to remove the post

• Like 1

6 hours ago, demonoid said:

His post was removed. Maybe dear old dad doesn't know his son quite as well as he thought he did and Michael said sorry dad it's true and asked him to remove the post

or he said "dad, i'm trying to put pressure on essendon to get a better deal and your comment doesn't help"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bing181 said:

Salem ready for a recall?

I believe Justin Plapp said before this game that Salem needs at least another month at Casey to get himself back to full fitness. He was only playing 80% game time last night. Happy to wait on him, no need to rush him back. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

I believe Justin Plapp said before this game that Salem needs at least another month at Casey to get himself back to full fitness. He was only playing 80% game time last night. Happy to wait on him, no need to rush him back. 

Spot on Wiseblood with his problem what is to be gained by rushing him back. 2017 for him. Not sure if he is qualified to play finals at Casey. However that is the best spot for him in August 2016.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, old dee said:

Spot on Wiseblood with his problem what is to be gained by rushing him back. 2017 for him. Not sure if he is qualified to play finals at Casey. However that is the best spot for him in August 2016.

If he doesnt play another senior game this year (and plays every Casey one) he qualifies. 

7 minutes ago, Dee-licious said:

If he doesnt play another senior game this year (and plays every Casey one) he qualifies. 

Sounds like Casey to me. A flag is in the offering we should take it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

He should peak for the Finals (if we win the next three and North lose the next three)!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

This question is seperate to yesterdays game, but does anyone have any info if the club will make the MFC listed players available for Casey's finals campaign? It would be a shame if they don't IMO.

You will open a can of worms asking a question like that

The club should make the players available unless of course any of them need an op and then a break as specified by the CBA, to return ready for day 1 of pre season....I would say that players like Terlich Grimes Trengove Newton et al will be given the opportunity to put themselves in the shop window during a finals campaign

Edited by Satyriconhome

6 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

You will open a can of worms asking a question like that

The club should make the players available unless of course any of them need an op and then a break as specified by the CBA, to return ready for day 1 of pre season

In the past the club hasn't. I'm sure they have had their reasons. At the moment on the evidence at hand the list seems pretty healthy so there is certainly grounds to make the players available. Players like Grimes, Trengove, Michie & Dunn for example could be auditioning for new clubs. It's not only important for those players but also for the development of the younger players who perhaps haven't been given an extended run in the seniors this year.

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

In the past the club hasn't. I'm sure they have had their reasons. At the moment on the evidence at hand the list seems pretty healthy so there is certainly grounds to make the players available. Players like Grimes, Trengove, Michie & Dunn for example could be auditioning for new clubs. It's not only important for those players but also for the development of the younger players who perhaps haven't been given an extended run in the seniors this year.

I edited my post, you were too quick, had second or third thoughts about what I typed expecting a reply such as yours