Changes vs Pies (Queens Birthday)

What

19 minutes ago, old dee said:

In Kennedy and Grimes.

Out Garlett ,  Harmes and or Kent.

Can't help but feel Jeffy is about to have a party day. Reasonable track without a Hawks quality defence might be the recipe. Which defender makes way for Grimes ?

Can only see Benken breaking in myself 

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nasher said:

I agree that it doesn't matter really. All of them are capable of the required pressure to play the role. The difficulty comes in predicting which ones are going to be on this week; the results suggest Kennedy should have played, but how do you predict that in advance? 

3 out of our 4 half forwards will play (vB/Kent/Harmes/Kennedy). I'd be leaning towards leaving out Harmes as he has had consecutive poor weeks now and selecting Kennedy. It feels like a very low percentage change though.

Exactly my thoughts. The thing with harmes and Kent is they possess that real goal kicking nous, they could both kick 4 goals this weekend. But they could both have 1 goal and from 7 touches too. Throw in a garlett stinker again, and before you know it we rely on 7 to hogan to win. 

Honestly, it's our least experienced area of the ground. These guys have still all played less than 30 games. It's not an excuse, it just highlights the inconsistencies of inexperienced players playing in a difficult position. Throw in petracca or stretch rotating through and it only gets younger. Now I've thought about it more, I'd be inclined to agree with your change nasher

• Like 1

Kennedy will get a gig.

Mr no tackles Kent out.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

You can get as many wrestling fines as you can afford to pay. It's not a case of three strikes and a one match ban for wrestling.

The three strike policy applies to classifiable offences, wrestling isn't a classifiable offence.

That means he is on double secret probation . Like in Animal House.

• Like 2

Kent may have not been tacklingm but he was still kicking goals, what small forwards are meant for. BenKen wasn't kicking goals. Hence why he was dropped over Kent. Kent had 13 disposals and 2.0. I think he set a few up too. Harmes had 10 touches and 0.1. I love Harmsey and he'll be a good player but he goes before Kent in this instance.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Can't help but feel Jeffy is about to have a party day. Reasonable track without a Hawks quality defence might be the recipe. Which defender makes way for Grimes ?

I believe Roos was indicating that Grimes had been playing primarily on the wing and that would be where he played if he got in. I could be wrong but i could have sworn he said that in an interview last week. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

I believe Roos was indicating that Grimes had been playing primarily on the wing and that would be where he played if he got in. I could be wrong but i could have sworn he said that in an interview last week. 

who who you omit in that instance ?  (just asking ) 

1 hour ago, Fifty-5 said:

Want BenKen in, Harmes out.

Agree. Harmes hasn't  done enough last few weeks. Plenty of scope for improvement and a few weeks  back at casey with some specific things to work on will be good for his development 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

Dawes?

No chance FT he is a Roos darling. God knows why.

Forward who cannot mark over head. A major flaw I would have thought. 

55 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Take your pick BB there are three or four alternatives.

however I think Grimes now can play elsewhere.

after losses to anyone who is going to play finals there are plenty of possibilities.

11 hours ago, AdamFarr said:

I don't mind Vanders, but he's vastly overrated on these boards. He's a big body whose game is based around physicality. I know he's still young in a games experience sense, but I'd never say he's classy or that he has a particularly strong footy IQ.

I'd be replacing Vanders with Kennedy, who is more suited to our new game style than Vanders, who lacks pace and polish.

I agree with yoiur first paragraph but not the second.

Wouldn't mind seeing BK & ANB in for Harmes and Kent - tell them they will be measured on their pressure acts/tackles. Put the pressure on for spots with the half forward flankers, as a group they've let us down a few times this year.

4 hours ago, Nasher said:

I agree that it doesn't matter really. All of them are capable of the required pressure to play the role. The difficulty comes in predicting which ones are going to be on this week; the results suggest Kennedy should have played, but how do you predict that in advance? 

Put the onus on them to perform or they're out. Fear can be a great motivator.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Put the onus on them to perform or they're out. Fear can be a great motivator.

Ask any advertiser ..it's the BEST !!! ( and only real one ) 

• Like 2

I'd like to see Michie come back in, i thought he was quite solid in the AFL side before being a little unlucky to be dropped

In: Michie, Kennedy

Out: Harmes, Frost

• Like 1

2 hours ago, old dee said:

No chance FT he is a Roos darling. God knows why.

Forward who cannot mark over head. A major flaw I would have thought. 

Totally agree. He is a waste on the list.

I've said it before. Kennedy in and dawes out.

• Like 1

We are known as a slow team, so coaches need to give Kent a Royal kick up the bum and put him on notice, I would keep him in.

Dunn needs to come in to take Cloke.  I dont want to turn up to this game and watch Cloke kick a bag......our club is notorious for playing guys into form or losing games we should win.  Dunn has to be given a role on Cloke to shut him down.  I don't trust either McDonald boy to do that job.

we have lost too many of these home game QB clashes and now is the time to do it for Danners and the whole club.  We should and need to win this game.  Big big opportunity for the players to put this one to bed.

1 minute ago, Soidee said:

We are known as a slow team, so coaches need to give Kent a Royal kick up the bum and put him on notice, I would keep him in.

Dunn needs to come in to take Cloke.  I dont want to turn up to this game and watch Cloke kick a bag......our club is notorious for playing guys into form or losing games we should win.  Dunn has to be given a role on Cloke to shut him down.  I don't trust either McDonald boy to do that job.

we have lost too many of these home game QB clashes and now is the time to do it for Danners and the whole club.  We should and need to win this game.  Big big opportunity for the players to put this one to bed.

Dunn done his hammy in the VFL

I can't see too many changes this week as most players were either impressive (Vince, Tyson, Watts, Jones etc) or serviceable last week and the ones who didn't get it much (Garlett, Hoges, Dawes) aren't likely to be cast aside because of a poor game in the wet when marking is nigh on impossible for forwards.

The only players who you can make a decent case for omitting are Harmes and Kent, who we've all floated as omissions at various stages over the past few weeks and the selectors have remained loyal to.

Both are hardworking, heavy tackling guys and are rated by Roos as a result. I just reckon that Kennedy's good form in VFL shows that contrary to popular belief, it is OK to drop a player to the twos and get an improved performance and confidence level back. His BOG effort will probably earn an instant recall and Harmes would be the one IMO most likely to get a week back there to aid his development. If it is going to be wet again (which it isn't at this stage) then you could make a case for brining in another hardworking mid Michie or Grimes for Kent. But otherwise it will be status quo.

If Garland is fit, then he will be considered but he has to oust either O-Mac or Frost and both played fairly well, so I suspect they won't rush Col and he'll have to wait another week.

I imagine Frost will play on Cox, O-Mac on White and T-Mac on Clokey. 

After watching last week's VFL game, the two other players (Grimes and Michie aside) who have now made regular claims for selection are White and Spencer.

It looks to me that White will have to wait until Wags is injured or warrants a rest or we play a side with only two talls and dispose of a big defender.

As to Spencer, he has to wait for a Gawn injury or a game where a club has two ruckmen to hurt us. Given that both Gawny and Spencer have been scoring the odd goal when rested up forward, he could be plonked up forward - possibly a shock tactic at SCG where you have to go big down the spine, but not at MCG I suspect.

So I'd punt on: In Kennedy. Out: Harmes.

5 minutes ago, Deespicable said:

I can't see too many changes this week as most players were either impressive (Vince, Tyson, Watts, Jones etc) or serviceable last week and the ones who didn't get it much (Garlett, Hoges, Dawes) aren't likely to be cast aside because of a poor game in the wet when marking is nigh on impossible for forwards.

The only players who you can make a decent case for omitting are Harmes and Kent, who we've all floated as omissions at various stages over the past few weeks and the selectors have remained loyal to.

Both are hardworking, heavy tackling guys and are rated by Roos as a result. I just reckon that Kennedy's good form in VFL shows that contrary to popular belief, it is OK to drop a player to the twos and get an improved performance and confidence level back. His BOG effort will probably earn an instant recall and Harmes would be the one IMO most likely to get a week back there to aid his development. If it is going to be wet again (which it isn't at this stage) then you could make a case for brining in another hardworking mid Michie or Grimes for Kent. But otherwise it will be status quo.

If Garland is fit, then he will be considered but he has to oust either O-Mac or Frost and both played fairly well, so I suspect they won't rush Col and he'll have to wait another week.

I imagine Frost will play on Cox, O-Mac on White and T-Mac on Clokey. 

After watching last week's VFL game, the two other players (Grimes and Michie aside) who have now made regular claims for selection are White and Spencer.

It looks to me that White will have to wait until Wags is injured or warrants a rest or we play a side with only two talls and dispose of a big defender.

As to Spencer, he has to wait for a Gawn injury or a game where a club has two ruckmen to hurt us. Given that both Gawny and Spencer have been scoring the odd goal when rested up forward, he could be plonked up forward - possibly a shock tactic at SCG where you have to go big down the spine, but not at MCG I suspect.

So I'd punt on: In Kennedy. Out: Harmes.

Frost on Cox sounds painful but not unexpected at this time of year.

• Like 10

With Viney out....our mids will need to work hard to get early momentum.  They have to also score themselves and help out the forwards.  If the mids are beaten, our backline won't cope.

Must win game before the bye....this team is overdue for a complete effort against a side they should beat.

Grimes made great inroads last year I thought. Can run, take marks, get 20+ possessions.

As bad as Garlett was it's still hard to drop him knowing what he's capable of. Kennedy should definitely be back though.

I hope it's not too long before Salem/Brayshaw are back

Edited by Je Roos Salem