GAME DAY - Round 9

Josh

2 minutes ago, Moneider96 said:

Does the hard things well...but then turns it over way too many times. 

I thought he was great. 

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1

A lot of people disregarding the conditions. Tough kicking with such a swirling wind. We are doing fine. Not spectacular but we're on track for 20 goals....

4 minutes ago, Nasher said:

So all I know is the score, and the Demonland commentary. I gather we're terrible, no hope of making the finals ever again, and this will go down as the worst 10 goal victory of all time. Does that about sum it up?

Strangely....not far off the mark ..lol

ANB has fitted in perfectly. Been in a lot of stuff at the stoppages. He has quick hands and commentators sometimes miss his possessions because of that. But his disposal is usually very effective.

Newt has been quieter but I'm still pretty happy with his game so far.  Shrugged off a tackle on the members boundary then steadied for a beautiful kick. That took strength and confidence.  Otherwise he has also been in the packs and got some quick clearances out. 

• Like 6

In what universe is Oscar Mc Donald an AFL standard player?

He is slow, lacks awareness, is indecisive, too easily out positioned and really just not up to it. Now, T Mac again was outmanoevered easily resulting in one goal and as mentioned previously, he will not stand his man! How the coaching panel rates either is mystifying!

• Like 1

Demons 67 to 35. Should be 10 goals in front. Would be getting smashed against a top 8 team.

Lots of missed opportunities. Stop mucking around inside 50. Kick the goals.

Poor decision making. Petracca especially. Oliver handballs back into a pack (why??).

Gawn looks tired.

Viney must make decisions first time.

Hogan lacks skills. Kicking in field play is unreliable.

Tackling strong but still too many headhigh tackles.

Good - Wagner, Newton, Watts, N Jones.

Poor - O.mcd, Hunt.

O.mcd is slow and lacks footy sense. Outbodied too easily. Why is he ahead of Frost or Dunn. 

• Like 1

I am actually surprised by some of the negativity. Just shows some will never be happy.

As always, it isn't perfect, but we are controlling the game and look in no danger. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nasher said:

So all I know is the score, and the Demonland commentary. I gather we're terrible, no hope of making the finals ever again, and this will go down as the worst 10 goal victory of all time. Does that about sum it up?

not sure how you got those things when no one has said any of it. 

We aren't playing well and we are up, simple as that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nasher said:

They're actually not that far down.

5 goals at half time isn't impossible to peg back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Demons 67 to 35. Should be 10 goals in front. Would be getting smashed against a top 8 team.

Lots of missed opportunities. Stop mucking around inside 50. Kick the goals.

Poor decision making. Petracca especially. Oliver handballs back into a pack (why??).

Gawn looks tired.

Viney must make decisions first time.

Hogan lacks skills. Kicking in field play is unreliable.

Tackling strong but still too many headhigh tackles.

Good - Wagner, Newton, Watts, N Jones.

Poor - O.mcd, Hunt.

O.mcd is slow and lacks footy sense. Outbodied too easily. Why is he ahead of Frost or Dunn. 

Good summary, don't let the rose coloured glasses brigade read this.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, boydie said:

Pretty meh game...

Not used to us winning enough to get  the the "meh" feeling when we are ahead. 

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 2

The one absolute I take from today so far is it's magnifying the 'gaps' in the list . Easy to see from today what the shopping list looks like .

3 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Viney 12 possies, 10 of them contested. Just another day at the office

A quiet one ( for him ) relatively lol

8 minutes ago, Moneider96 said:

Does the hard things well...but then turns it over way too many times. 

Just shows, am watching on a phone and viney to me looked like was getting it but not effectively giving it off. Need to be there or have TV as obviously missing things.