The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

Leaving aside the current debate, there can be no argument as to the value of a good coach.

3 of the acknowledged best, in Bevo, Longmire and Cameron, got their sides into the last 4, with 2 of course in the GF.

I hope Goody is a great Coach, because we need one.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Leaving aside the current debate, there can be no argument as to the value of a good coach.

3 of the acknowledged best, in Bevo, Longmire and Cameron, got their sides into the last 4, with 2 of course in the GF.

No arguement on that one Mr.Leg. 

2 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Who gives a stuff?  Seriously.  Boyd plays one decent game and we resort to analysing stats and debating who is better.  What in God's name is the point?

Someone wake me up when a decision is made.  This thread is becoming a joke, if it hadn't become one already.

A bit grumpy today True?

Just now, old dee said:

A bit grumpy today True?

Not really OD, just over how some are just looking for any way at all to prove that Hogan isn't as good as he is.  It's sad, but all I could think about as Boyd kicked a few was 'I bet the usual's roll up in this thread and try and claim that Boyd has it over Hogan.  Sure enough, it happened.

And anyway, this is a thread about his contract, not a comparison to a bloke who has played 1 good game in his career.

• Like 8

Just now, Wiseblood said:

Not really OD, just over how some are just looking for any way at all to prove that Hogan isn't as good as he is.  It's sad, but all I could think about as Boyd kicked a few was 'I bet the usual's roll up in this thread and try and claim that Boyd has it over Hogan.  Sure enough, it happened.

And anyway, this is a thread about his contract, not a comparison to a bloke who has played 1 good game in his career.

Correct but I am still in Doggie supporter /grand final winner mode.

Sense is for tomorrow. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, old dee said:

That covers it adc. 

I cant figure out what that has to do with the debate at all. Are we suggesting that because Boyd has a premiership medallion he is a better footballer than Hogan ?

By that logic lets trade Gawn for Roughead. There has been some very average footballers who have won premiership medallions and a list longer than your arm of out and out champions who haven't.  (Incidentally, arguably one of the best bulldogs of this generation didn't play yesterday because he was injured)

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

We  need to highlight that Cameron has had about 300 top 20 picks at his disposal so would like to see him coach another team on a level playing field.....

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hogan2014 said:

We  need to highlight that Cameron has had about 300 top 20 picks at his disposal so would like to see him coach another team on a level playing field.....

I was at NM GF Breakfast, the banter throughout both crowd and guests about AFL creating GWS dynasty was very noticeable.  I have no doubt GWS will win a flag before our Dee's do, and this will just peeve most of the heartland off.  Cameron has been gifted a premiership quality team on a silver platter.  On the other hand, Beveridge has built one in 2 years from committed and passionate players who worked their butts off for him.  Cameron's coaching prowess will never be judged the same way.

as for the Doggies - don't underestimate the influence of Macca on this list prior to Beveridge getting there.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Soidee said:

as for the Doggies - don't underestimate the influence of Macca on this list prior to Beveridge getting there.

gordon was pretty scathing initially about mccarthy, but did give him some praise:

Gordon also praised coach Luke Beveridge for saving the careers of newly minted premiership players Dale Morris, Matthew Boyd and Liam Picken, whose papers were all but stamped by previous coach Brendan McCartney.

"There were one or two blokes over the age of 30 that the red line had been through either at the end of this year or next year because Brendan believed in a seven-year plan [that] was going to get us into the finals some time in late 2019 or something," Gordon said.

However, Gordon did credit McCartney for one thing and that was implementing a 'no d---heads' recruitment policy at the club.

"There was a heavy emphasis on getting guys who not only could play good football but were of tremendous character," he said.

lifted from: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/western-bulldogs-president-peter-gordon-has-a-dig-at-sydneys-lance-franklin-20161002-grt65j.html

2 hours ago, america de cali said:

Premiership medallion. Hogan 0, Boyd 1.

What do you think you'll post, ADC, when we start winning? I can't imagine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

Boyd at $1mil, versus Griffen (or equivalent trade value) and pick 6.

I wouldn't say it was 'no Boyd no premiership'. Especially given the Dogs recent recruiting performance. And indeed, just on the value of pick 6, the story is they were looking at either Peter Wright or Jake Lever, both of whom have outperformed Boyd by a respectable margin. Reference

Would we be happy enough with Hogan = equivalent of Ryan Griffen + Pick 6? Would we probably work out with a better list position on paper in that event?

Probably.

And yet, I'd rather Hogan choose to stay and I'd rather the team hold together to build something special.

His contested marking yesterday was one of the key factors that won it for them IMO. He continually gave them an out when the Sydney forwardline tried to lock it in. It was so important from a Bulldogs perspective that he took the pressure off there by taking multiple contested marks at half back. He also kicked 3 goals, which was pretty much the margin at the end of the day.

But let's be honest here, Boyd's output was ordinary, even up until midway through the first quarter in the GF. The Hogan comparisons are ridiculous. Hogan has quite a bit more talent and runs on the board than one-game-wonder in Boyd.

Edited by A F
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

gordon was pretty scathing initially about mccarthy, but did give him some praise:

Seven year plan? That's nuts. I hope he hasn't brought that idea over with him. 

25 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Hey I've been waiting for 'when' a long time. Remind me when it happens. 

Nowhere near as long as the Bulldogs supporters (they even had 55 yrs between GF appearances). Our time is coming and it will be the likes of Hogan that will get us there.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Nowhere near as long as the Bulldogs supporters (they even had 55 yrs between GF appearances). Our time is coming and it will be the likes of Hogan that will get us there.

God I hope u r right hardtack cause I have had a gut full of waiting. 

Alrhough im happy for a the dogs it makes it worse. 

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Lets hope soon and not before St Kilda get theirs.

21 minutes ago, DavidNeitz9 said:

Premiership medallion. Lockett 0, Boyd 1.

Lockett 1360 goals. 0 flags. Typical of 'me me' forwards that  carry on as if their club revolves around them.

Edited by america de cali