The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

3 hours ago, stuie said:

Right, well here's a couple of links to places other people have heard Gossage link Hogan with Freo...

http://demonland.com/forums/topic/38281-the-incredible-hulk-jesse-hogan/?page=82#comment-1235213

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/jesse-hogan-contract-negotiations-titus-oreilly.1124467/#post-43111413

I know what I heard mate, so i don't need to search through pages and pages of podcasts to find it. If you think I made it up then you do your own leg work.

Not exactly cast iron evidence. Big Toofy and a link whick says he'll probably stay. Perry Mason would have a field day with those links.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tony Tea said:

Not exactly cast iron evidence. Big Toofy and a link whick says he'll probably stay. Perry Mason would have a field day with those links.

Missing the point Tony. The links aren't to support the argument that Hogan will leave, they're to point to the fact that many people have heard Gossage say he thinks Hogan will leave.

3 hours ago, Members' Wing said:

Probably not fair to lump them all in the same basket mate!

Would be like a sandgroper saying they don't trust Victorian journos because of Barrett.

As I said above, Gossage has been consistent in his view that Hogan will stay. According to my good mate in Perth, he is a far more respected journo than the likes of Scott Cummings, Langdon and Hardie who are borderline comedy figures. In the SEN interview he was absolutely unequivocal that Hogan will stay.

Just like Langdon has been really consistent and loud that Hogan is as good as gone.

They are all the same mate.

• Like 1

I'll believe it when I see pen to paper. Don't give a [censored] what journos think, as none of them seem to have any inside knowledge, thankfully. They can change their tune as much as they like as it currently means jack. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I'm happy to put all journo's and reporters in the same basket. 

Which basket is that Ethan?

21 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Just like Langdon has been really consistent and loud that Hogan is as good as gone.

They are all the same mate.

Nup, no they're not. Thank god. Gossage is a trained journalist who i actually have a bit of time for. Langdpn and hardie are dumb asre jocks that pander to the lowest common denominator 

• Like 1

It's mostly fun and games and guess-work for the media at this stage.  However I do take some heart from the fact that if anyone would be parochially cheering for Hogan to come home, it'd be Gossage. 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Missing the point Tony. The links aren't to support the argument that Hogan will leave, they're to point to the fact that many people have heard Gossage say he thinks Hogan will leave.

2 hours ago, Tony Tea said:

I don't think the Internet was invented when Perry Mason did his best work - he's probably as clueless as most of the WA journos

Edited by small but forward

55 minutes ago, binman said:

Nup, no they're not. Thank god. Gossage is a trained journalist who i actually have a bit of time for. Langdpn and hardie are dumb asre jocks that pander to the lowest common denominator 

Goss is okay and actually has some MFC contacts - that I know as fact.

I hope he's had some solid mail on this occasion.

• Like 1

Nothing but gut feeling but I don't think he's leaving, not anytime soon at least.  I had a bad feeling about Scully from the moment he gave that preseason press conference but this one I'm pretty confident about .

On 6/7/2016 at 9:45 PM, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nothing but gut feeling but I don't think he's leaving, not anytime soon at least.  I had a bad feeling about Scully from the moment he gave that preseason press conference but this one I'm pretty confident about .

I was the same with Frawley to be honest, thought he was gone a fair way out, having said that i thought Howe would stay so 50/50 isn't bad?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Members' Wing said:

Gossage has consistently said he thinks Hogan will stay.

Langdon and Hardie have consistently said the opposite.

Langdon and Hardie

Comedy at its.........:unsure:

34 minutes ago, Abe said:

I was the same with Frawley to be honest, thought he was gone a fair way out, having said that i thought Howe would stay so 50/50 isn't bad?

Thought both were gone tbh. 

Not sure what Hogan is holding out for but have gut feeling he will remain a Dee

Think TMac might prefer to stay..prepared to go. Club prefer he stays prepared to let go.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2016 at 10:43 PM, beelzebub said:

Thought both were gone tbh. 

Not sure what Hogan is holding out for but have gut feeling he will remain a Dee

Think TMac might prefer to stay..prepared to go. Club prefer he stays prepared to let go.

Time will tell.

I just think Hogans manager is smart, lets be honest he is going to be easily the highest paid player at the MFC, and might be close to the highest paid player in the comp on his next contract, he would be silly not to milk every dollar he could for it, especially given he's already had a serious injury, this could set him up for life. 

I firmly believe both Hogan and Tmac will stay, but while i think when push comes to shove the club will pay Hogan what he asks for i think they'll only retain TMAC at the price they believe he is worth and won't break the bank, if he wants to chase coin elsewhere i think they'd be happy to let him.

I see TMAC as the Levi casbault of the backline, he is a great mark, reads the ball well and has huge talent but his execution of basic skills lets him down and is imo the only thing holding him back from consistently being an AA level player.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abe said:

I actually think both would have stayed had we showed we wanted them. I'm glad we didn't want either, although Frawley would be handy now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AdamFarr said:

I actually think both would have stayed had we showed we wanted them. I'm glad we didn't want either, although Frawley would be handy now.

Frawley was always going to be handy now 'Adam'...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rjay said:

Frawley was always going to be handy now 'Adam'...

Frawley leaving made our Petracca/Brayshaw decision a whole lot easier and allowed us to set up our midfield for the next decade. I'm sure we can find a role player that can develop within our system and game style.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

To be honest, it would have been easy to walk away from the Melbourne footy club in 2013 in hindsight. Be it him or whoever else wanted to leave. Now, I think you'd have to be slightly pushed to even consider leaving. 

The general closeness of this group is something not seen at many other clubs. I know for a fact from one of my Collingwood playing associates the he can only wish the Magpies were as tight knit as the demons are.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

To be honest, it would have been easy to walk away from the Melbourne footy club in 2013 in hindsight. Be it him or whoever else wanted to leave. Now, I think you'd have to be slightly pushed to even consider leaving. 

The general closeness of this group is something not seen at many other clubs. I know for a fact from one of my Collingwood playing associates the he can only wish the Magpies were as tight knit as the demons are.

1 hour ago, AdamFarr said:

Frawley leaving made our Petracca/Brayshaw decision a whole lot easier and allowed us to set up our midfield for the next decade. I'm sure we can find a role player that can develop within our system and game style.

Agree 'Adam', give up something good to get something that better suits your purpose...

Not mentioning another club, Richmond....have failed to learn this lesson and may come to it way too late.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Abe said:

Nah was very confident both Frawley and Howe were goner. Think Howe was pushed as much as jumped to be honest.

• Like 3

On 5/25/2016 at 2:42 PM, H_T said:

Ok.

I predict he signs before the QB weekend blockbuster v Collingwood. 5 years on top of his current contract. Taking him to end of 2022.

19d15sk1b7qx9gif.gif

• Like 6