Garland 24D 6M 0T

ANB  21D 4M 11T 2G

Trengove 20D 3M 8T 1G

Newton 15D 3M 0T 1G

Smith 12D 3M 1G

Weideman 9D 7M 1T 3G

Hulett 8D 3M 0T 2G

35 minutes ago, Forest Demon said:

I swear I have seen about 10 different versions of those stats.

33 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Agree. Happens every single week.

It makes Petraccas, comparatively, look better!

Checking out the highlights on the MFC website and ANB, who is in superb form, is looking very strong in the body.  He deserves a call up maybe more so than anyone, the kid will be a player and a half no doubt about it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Great work by Melbourne to put up a video of all the Casey goals on the club website and to include the name and number of the player who kicks each goal.

6 hours ago, DemonDave said:

They need to work on their identification of the Casey players though! The last goal was kicked by Rutherford, they had Munros name up there. 
Same with Wilson kicking a goal earlier they labelled him Hutchins, who's about a foot taller

Clint would normally have picked up on this Dave If not for his cap

2 hours ago, hells bells said:

Newton 15D 3M 0T 1G

anyone know how much game time he played, anything around 50-60% makes these numbers rather impressive (obviously minus the 0 tackles part)

21 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Maybe it will take a few games for him to change his mindset. If he can't attack he has no place IMO.

Key to me  - If you look at our back six on Sunday - Hunt, Wagner, Dunn, Tmac, Jetta and H - of those there was one only  (Dunn) who was did not spread and run and try and create. I know he polarises but I like Dunn - usually makes good decisions and he is the one to go the gorilla's who don't move. The way the game has evolved ( even more so this season)  you need attack from defense. You can probably afford one non attack defender in Dunn ( and whilst he doesnt't run, his kicking can be an attacking weapon) that is about it. Garland needs to bring some hard running in his game and quick offense.

On Grimes - I like his attack on the ball but as a defender he does suffer from what Garland suffers from - that is slow ball movement when he has the ball in hand. 

On Lumumba - watched the game again - he will stuff up but he was responsible for setting up at least three goals. Gets the ball and goes - and his game looked good to me as our forwards know what everyone knows - he will get the ball and go -and when got the ball our players got on their bikes and moved -  but the players this week gave him long options AND short options and he took a few options shorter options this week - two passes on the chest to Hogan and Watts 40m out  - when i was expecting a bomb to the goalsquare. A good game from him. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Petraccattack said:

Checking out the highlights on the MFC website and ANB, who is in superb form, is looking very strong in the body.  He deserves a call up maybe more so than anyone, the kid will be a player and a half no doubt about it.

It worries me a little that they arn't giving him the opportunity. If he continues to be a ball magnet and doesnt get a call up other clubs will come knocking.

30 minutes ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

He was pretty hard at it too. I was impressed but i dont think he is gonna get in the team any time soon. Likely spend some more time as the emergency. 

i think we will see the end of Grimes. Surely he will explore free agency. We just have too many younger players who are quicker, with better disposal and decision making etc. 

A sign of the failings of MFC of old.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Song Formerly Known As said:

i think we will see the end of Grimes. Surely he will explore free agency. We just have too many younger players who are quicker, with better disposal and decision making etc. 

A sign of the failings of MFC of old.

Yeah you might be right, always showed some but never got to what we wanted him to be. 

2 hours ago, The Third Eye said:

Is there any word on Oscar McDonald's injury?

Got concussed in a marking collision, not too much in it and it didnt look like too heavy a concussion from where we sat. He'd be tested during the week you'd think...

On 4/18/2016 at 7:39 AM, Petraccattack said:

I think he's in a pretty similar boat to Petracca, where clearly he's above VFL level but has to build his fitness base up to where it's needed, especially at AFL level where i expect him to be played as a midfielder instead of a forward this year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peter Griffen said:

I think he's in a pretty similar boat to Petracca, where clearly he's above VFL level but has to build his fitness base up to where it's needed, especially at AFL level where i expect him to be played as a midfielder instead of a forward this year.

ANB's fitness would be far superior to that of Petracca's. He has elite endurance and is playing mostly through the midfield in the VFL.

The reason he isn't getting a game atm in my view is because we have preferred personnel who are contested ball winners like ANB but also offer the side more versatility positionally speaking. Brayshaw and Oliver for example offer attributes that ANB doesn't have and are more dangerous as forwards with Brayshaw also having the ability to play at half-back.

I think ANB is your classic in and under midfielder who will run all day and it's just unfortunate (for him), that there are others ahead of him at this stage.

Trac is a different kettle of fish. Of course he has to build fitness and conditioning, but VFL will only bring a certain level of fitness. And when he comes in for us, he almost certainly will be spending the majority of his time playing either HF or FP. So his 'fitness' levels won't have to be at the same level as someone like ANB who would be playing a lot more midfield time at AFL level due to the type of player he is and level of endurance he's at.

Either way, can't see either of the getting a game this week.

Would love it if they played Petracca as a deep forward against the Tiges though ala Stringer at the beginning of his career. I reckon he's easily ready for a role like that but the only problem is it messes with our structure and who comes out for him?

Would bring a lot of Melbourne fans to the game on Sunday night.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, stevethemanjordan said:

ANB's fitness would be far superior to that of Petracca's. He has elite endurance and is playing mostly through the midfield in the VFL.

The reason he isn't getting a game atm in my view is because we have preferred personnel who are contested ball winners like ANB but also offer the side more versatility positionally speaking. Brayshaw and Oliver for example offer attributes that ANB doesn't have and are more dangerous as forwards with Brayshaw also having the ability to play at half-back.

I think ANB is your classic in and under midfielder who will run all day and it's just unfortunate that there are others ahead of him at this stage.

Trac is a different kettle of fish. Of course he has to build fitness and conditioning, but VFL will only bring a certain level of fitness. And when he comes in for us, he almost certainly will be spending the majority of his time playing either HF or FP. So his 'fitness' levels won't have to be at the same level as someone like ANB who would be playing a lot more midfield time at AFL level due to the type of player he is.

Either way, can't see either of the getting a game this week.

Would love it if they played Petracca as a deep forward against the Tiges though ala Stringer at the beginning of his career. I reckon he's easily ready for a role like that but the only problem is it messes with our structure and who comes out for him?

Would bring a lot of Melbourne fans to the game on Sunday night.

Would tend to disagree with the bolded. ANB did have a few mutilple goal games last year while playing HFF.

3 minutes ago, Devil is in the Detail said:

Would tend to disagree with the bolded. ANB did have a few mutilple goal games last year while playing HFF.

Yeh he had a couple of games where he got some opportunistic small forward crumbing type goals.

But Brayshaw and Oliver are both really strong overhead, are taller and are renown as goal-kicking mids.

They're more dangerous and difficult to defend and matchup on as they'll beat a small in the air and are dangerous on the ground against a tall.

Edited by stevethemanjordan

2 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Yeh he had a couple of games where he got some opportunistic small forward crumbing type goals.

But Brayshaw and Oliver are both really strong overhead, are taller and are renown as goal-kicking mids.

They're more dangerous and difficult to defend and matchup on as they'll beat a small in the air and are dangerous on the ground against a tall.

Agree

• Like 1

I think that ANB is a legitimate depth player, which is a term that gets overused on here. As others have said, the players he's competing against have more strings to their bow. If we have a spate of injuries, ANB could come into the team and acquit himself well.

Edited by mo64

The Casey/Collingwood game is up for watching on the MFC website.  Visual quality is very poor, so I've been trying to find a list of the Casey players numbers to help.  Can't find one yet.  The casey site only names & numbers their players, not the MFC players.  I'd like recognize our guys.  Does anyone know where that list can be found please?