Non-Dees discussion

Moneider96

I tipped the Tigers by 5. Serves me right. Shocking first half but it came alive with a shock in the second. Highly entertaining ending - gee a big crowd makes for such amazing tension.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

The first thing Grundy did after kicking the goal was to pull the hair tie out of his pony tail and run his fingers through his hair. FMD, must be the current generation....

I hate the man bun.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Didn't Dunny have one for a while?

edit, here 'tis.

I must of missed that one last year moon;and after seeing the pic,I'm glad I missed it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Earl Hood said:

Would not have happened without that new interpretation of the deliberate out of bounds rule that was invoked finally in the last one minute! Anyone know how they adjudicate this rule now? 

Couldn't they have paid it against the Collingwood guy for just watching the ball trickle over the line while his entire effort went into appealing for the free?

Disgusting umpiring in the last qtr. If Hogan got as much help from the umps as Fasolo, he'd get a dozen every week.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Undeeterred said:

Sure, and these teams usually pull big ratings. The reason we don't play is that nobody watches us.

Don't agree, everyone I know watches Friday night footy regardless of playing. It's meant to be a blockbuster game, a game between Bulldogs and Port at Ettihad would have just as big a audience (take away the interstate team factor) purely because it will be a ripping game to watch. 

2 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Don't agree, everyone I know watches Friday night footy regardless of playing. It's meant to be a blockbuster game, a game between Bulldogs and Port at Ettihad would have just as big a audience (take away the interstate team factor) purely because it will be a ripping game to watch. 

Maybe. Or maybe the TV executives who have the AFL's fixturing people in their pocket know better than you what makes them the most money.

10 hours ago, Earl Hood said:

Would not have happened without that new interpretation of the deliberate out of bounds rule that was invoked finally in the last one minute! Anyone know how they adjudicate this rule now? 

That was a strange one. It looked like the Tiger guy was handpassing into space for his mate to run onto but under pressure didn't pinpoint it.

I thought when under pressure you were given greater leeway regarding deliberate anything? (OOB, rushed behind)

Maybe there's a special "interpretation" that says when down the Ponsford Stand end in front of thousands of baying Pie supporters, you just decide in favour of the Pies. Like Fasolo's "mark".

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DubDee said:

What a poor quality game of footy. Like a game of keepings off where no one is winning. 

So much for attacking footy being back

attacking footy has been back apart from  'that'  last night.   'that'  was the pies tactics.  Obviously worried about the tiger army possibly causing a swarm of long bombs & goals.

The way to beat a strong front running team is to frustrate them early & get their anxiety levels high,  causing them the jitters (fumbles).   Using suffocation tactics & constant pressure,  causing them to take too many risks.

Buckley realised the Tiges like to kick long & direct to space.  he gave them none ahead of their ball.  really crap tactics when the game opened up 2nd half the Tiges were over anxious & a little fumbly,  trying to be too quick retrieving the ball & using it.

They needed to be cleaner by hand,  feeding the ball to the runner.  The pies zone sweepers cleaned up,  & went to the corridor.  They deliberately slowed the tempo.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AdamFarr said:

I dunno. I love the new style being played this year.

looks like it needs just a tad more,  just a tad.

I like the direction its heading,  in most games,  but we need a bit more success on long bombs,  to keep defenders closer to their opponent.   a little more & we'll see more man on man footy again.

12 hours ago, biggestred said:

That deliberate out of bounds rule is yuk.

that was way to grey to be deliberate, especially in that stage off game.  a gift of 4 points, the last 5 minutes of this game, to the pies.

2 hours ago, Undeeterred said:

Sure, and these teams usually pull big ratings. The reason we don't play is that nobody watches us.

Is that correct? I saw fox footy ratings for last week and our game rated very favourably.

12 hours ago, Emerald said:

Very good to see Melbourne is man bun free zone.

Wait for Hurley.  Cotchin injured I reckon. Richmond didn't look like a happy camp to me and not enough mirrors at the ground. Townsend...=fruitcake.

Coaches very shaky...

Got GC vs Freo on. Haven't seen a single one of those deliberates paid by mid second term. It truly feels like the game I'm watching is being played by different rules to today's or last night's game.

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Tremblay said:

Tom Boyd is absolutely untouchable, all three goals he's kicked have been from free's directly in front.

Riewoldt down the other end earning his goals, 14 marks so far having a good game for his 300th.

One of my favourite non-Dee players.  His willingness to gut run and do everything for his club is unbelievable.

• Like 3