Jump to content

Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


Dusty ... Old Man to Be Deported?


Cards13

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Why's it harsh? He's a member of an outlaw motorcycle gang. They're criminals involved in drug trafficking, extortion and many other illegal activities. 

Good riddance.

It's only harsh from the point of view that all the other citizens out there with tattooed faces who aren't criminals have been unfairly portrayed

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


All law enforcement are right onto this at the moment. There have been escalating incidents in Victoria (at least) the last year or so and no doubt this is part of a crack down on organized crime and in particular bikie gangs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New Zealanders don't really have any character.

TotAlly unfair .

Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Could we please go easy on New Zealanders and strange beards?

Show some respect for one our newest leadership group members.

Thank you.

Clarrie  Grimmet and Max Gawn aside, they have done little for Australia except freeload.  

They are a cheap and whiny bunch at best but for a 3rd world country they sure can Rugby.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

The Tigers sure know how to pick em

yep, it's almost endearing in a way. Some may call it maintaining a culture consistent with their grass roots and history, today marketing gurus call it branding. They certainly have their unique brand. Infact if you we're being generous they at least stand for something but it may not be something that most of us would aspire to. Before you call me a snob, I have experienced the rich tapestry of life due to my long life, and travels around the world, and not forgetting my pathological excesses in all things. I have come to the conclusion that whatever ones station in life, there is a minimum standard that we need to maintain. I think that minimumstandard is difficult to aspire to for your average Tiger. But to start with my initial point, it is almost endearing in a way, something that could not be said about the culture and standards of that other club that has been the centre of attention for the last 3 years.  I think the Tigers have a certain standard and although not a high one, it is far superior to a club without any standard. I have decided after a lifetime of examining the human condition that in most societies there are the cheaters and the cheated. We know who the cheaters are, and somehow I can see the Tigers being the cheated. Sorry, my mind is wandering so excuse my indulgent ramble. I think it's time that the real footy begins to focus our attention on the passion, obsession,  and indeed addiction that we all have and the winter of escape from our ordinary pointless lives. However, imagine how the refugees that are imprisoned in the camps on-shore and off-shore are feeling. They are not feeling lucky and they are not looking forward to the footy season. The lucky country has been renamed the shameful country. I think it's time to go to bed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, hemingway said:

yep, it's almost endearing in a way. Some may call it maintaining a culture consistent with their grass roots and history, today marketing gurus call it branding. They certainly have their unique brand. Infact if you we're being generous they at least stand for something but it may not be something that most of us would aspire to. Before you call me a snob, I have experienced the rich tapestry of life due to my long life, and travels around the world, and not forgetting my pathological excesses in all things. I have come to the conclusion that whatever ones station in life, there is a minimum standard that we need to maintain. I think that minimumstandard is difficult to aspire to for your average Tiger. But to start with my initial point, it is almost endearing in a way, something that could not be said about the culture and standards of that other club that has been the centre of attention for the last 3 years.  I think the Tigers have a certain standard and although not a high one, it is far superior to a club without any standard. I have decided after a lifetime of examining the human condition that in most societies there are the cheaters and the cheated. We know who the cheaters are, and somehow I can see the Tigers being the cheated. Sorry, my mind is wandering so excuse my indulgent ramble. I think it's time that the real footy begins to focus our attention on the passion, obsession,  and indeed addiction that we all have and the winter of escape from our ordinary pointless lives. However, imagine how the refugees that are imprisoned in the camps on-shore and off-shore are feeling. They are not feeling lucky and they are not looking forward to the footy season. The lucky country has been renamed the shameful country. I think it's time to go to bed. 

Did you swallow a dictionary Hem?

whatever happened to "the boat took the old man  to his prey"

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Did you swallow a dictionary Hem?

whatever happened to "the boat took the old man  to his prey"

I don't what's happened to me recently, I think I am losing my mind Biff. I think a long sabbatical in a Mediterranean climate, with some good wine and local girl may be the answer. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hemingway said:

I don't what's happened to me recently, I think I am losing my mind Biff. I think a long sabbatical in a Mediterranean climate, with some good wine and local girl may be the answer. 

Be careful with that wish. Having sailed the Med a few times and sampled more than a few of the wines and a few of the locals, I can tell you that the quality of both varies tremendously. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    GAMEDAY: Practice Match vs Carlton

    It's Game Day and the Demons are headed for a date with the Blues at Ikon Park for their final practice match before the ball is kicked in anger to open the season in just over a week's time. Date: Wednesday 28th February 2024 Location: Ikon Park Gates Open: 5:30pm Match commences: 6:40pm Watch: Foxtel & Kayo VFL practice match: Please note, the VFL practice match (10:30am) is no longer open to public. Entry: Your entry gate will be detailed on your ticket (4, 5 or 6)

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 4

    TRAINING: Tuesday 27th February 2024

    I headed down to Gosch’s Paddock this morning for the Captain’s Run in the lead up to tomorrow night’s practice match against the Blues.  The squad that took the field was indicative of the lineup for that match at Ikon Park.  Likely Selections based on the groupings of players at the Captain's Run today at Gosch's Paddock. Main Group: Gawn, Viney, May, JVR, Lever, Petracca, McVee, Windsor, Billings, Langdon, Bowey, Schache, Rivers, ANB, Fritsch, Sparrow, Chandler, Kozzy,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 4

    SCRUTINY & RESILIENCE by Whispering Jack

    If the week when preseason training melds into scratch matches with other clubs, is the first marker for the beginning of a new season, then this has certainly been a torrid opener for the Melbourne Football Club in its campaign to remain a leading AFL premiership contender in 2024. The Demons were already under enormous scrutiny from the media and football’s fan base (including their own) after consecutive straight-sets finals exits, with Clayton Oliver’s well documented woes, the Joel Smi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 27

    Angus Brayshaw Forced into Retirement

    After 167 games including the drought breaking Premiership Angus Brayshaw has made the heart breaking decision to medically retire from football as a result of a series of serious head knocks over his nearly decade of footy. We wish Gus all the best and he'll always be a hero at Demonland. 😢

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 414

    PODCAST: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 20th February @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Scratch Match loss to the Tigers and hopefully provide me with some free MFCSS therapy. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 43

    PREGAME: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Dees will play their final practice match before the start of the 2024 seasons against the Blues at Ikon Park. What are you wanting to see in this final hit out before the season proper? Will Clarry & Salo return to the side? 2024 AAMI Community Series | Carlton v Melbourne Date: Wednesday 28 February Time: 6:40pm (AEDT) Location: IKON Park | Wurundjeri

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 183

    POSTGAME: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Dees were outclassed and outmuscled in its first practice hit out for the 2024 season against the Tigers going down by 23 points at Casey Fields. 

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 287

    GAMEDAY: Match SIM vs Richmond

    It's Game Day and it's been 156 days since the Demons were bundled out of the finals in straight sets for the 2nd year in a row. Our redemption starts here. Remember it's only a practice match if we lose. Date: Sunday 18th Feb Location: Casey Fields Gate open: 9.30am Match commences: 10am Watch: Foxtel & Kayo Inclusions: Seven-quarter match simulation Signing opportunities Kids' activities Partner giveaways Demons Squad: 1. Steven May 2. Jacob Van Rooyen

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 402

    TRAINING: Saturday 17th February 2024

    On the eve of the Dees first practice match for the 2024 season a couple of Demonland Trackwatchers bring you their observations from today’s Captain’s Run at Gosch’s Paddock.  KEV MARTIN’S CAPTAIN’S RUN OBSERVATIONS Looks a a dress rehearsal Captain's run. 23 out doing drills.  Included is Will Verall, Kynan Brown, Bailey Laurie, Caleb Windsor, Blake Howes, Adam Tomlinson, Kade Chandler, Jack Billings and Josh Schache. Rehab include BBB, Tom Fullarton, TMac, AMW, Woey.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...