Essendon vs Melbourne MCG Round 2

Deestar9

1 minute ago, Buzzy said:

Do you not remember the game against this exact team last year?  Yes we kicked badly but Essendon managed to beat us with a vastly under-strength team (which will be similar to 2016), coming off a 110 point loss to St Kilda.

I think you are mistaken.

The MFC team this year will be very different and the EFC team will be vastly different to last year.

They won last year because Danniher had a one in five year game.

Won't happen this year.

Forget the past we are about to create a new future.

Confidence Buzzy

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Buzzy said:

Do you not remember the game against this exact team last year?  Yes we kicked badly but Essendon managed to beat us with a vastly under-strength team (which will be similar to 2016), coming off a 110 point loss to St Kilda.

I think you are mistaken.

The MFC team this year will be very different and the EFC team will be vastly different to last year.

They won last year because Danniher had a one in five year game.

Won't happen this year.

Forget the past we are about to create a new future.

Confidence Buzzy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deestar9 said:

Sorry ManDee.....by not turning up you are letting down your team as a supporter. I assume you are either a MFC or MCC supporter  & unless you choose otherwise there should be no monies sent Essendon's way.  I totally agree with Dave Colberts tirade this morning & I think it is a really good idea with his comment that all other football supporters should turn their backs when they commence their applause ......I would rather show my displeasure publicly than not turn up to support my team 

D9 I have my reasons as stated earlier perhaps in another topic.

Yes MCC-MFC member and my understanding is that the MCC forward money based on the home team, EFC. We can agree to disagree, you can scream for me.

7 hours ago, old dee said:

Confidence jnr.

you can put it in the bank we will win the first two.

They can march up and down till they are blue in the face will make no difference to the result.

Who are you and what have you done with Old Dee? :lol::)

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

Old Dee must be onto a new Breakfast Cereal that has sprinkles of LSD in it that is giving him this marvellous view of humanity..

What was the name film made years ago where all the old people got together and did young stuff again?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

Demontia is setting in I'm afraid !! :rolleyes:

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

Suggestion for the run-through banner;

"We're here to clean up Essendon"

Tough job, somebody's got to do it.

7m86mR.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Err they were not punished for taking performance enhancing drugs. Can we get that straight? 

The EFC were punished for engaging in conduct that is "unbecoming or likely to prejudice the interests or reputation of the Australian Football League or to bring the game of football into disrepute, contrary to rule 1.6" in that they failed to keep records of their suplements regime etc etc  There was nothing to do with taking illegal drugs because at that point they hadnt been found guilty of that.

No sympathy from me....as far as I am concerned they tried to get out of the whole sage by destroying records. They have gotten off lightly. Remind again what has happened to Hird? What 'punishment' has he been subjected to?

4 hours ago, ManDee said:

So exactly what penalty did the club receive after the 34 were found guilty of receiving PED's?

You do mention some self inflicted wounds, but they have received no penalty.

Semantics fellas. Do we live in a concrete world or an abstract world?

If there was no systematic regime of administering, as best suspect, chemicals to their players, would they have received that punishment?

4 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I'll be there - louder and more obnoxious than usual, and I will be handing out plenty of free advice to all Essendon supporters within earshot.

Haha you and me both BBO.

I can see myself being very "vocal" at this game. All I can say is, we better bloody win!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deestar9 said:

Sorry ManDee.....by not turning up you are letting down your team as a supporter. I assume you are either a MFC or MCC supporter  & unless you choose otherwise there should be no monies sent Essendon's way.  I totally agree with Dave Colberts tirade this morning & I think it is a really good idea with his comment that all other football supporters should turn their backs when they commence their applause ......I would rather show my displeasure publicly than not turn up to support my team 

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I will proudly turn my back on that Filthy scum...

I'll be doing more than merely turning my back.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'll be doing more than merely turning my back.

Excellent...so will i, not sure quite what yet though

It maybe best just to go to the bullring as i will be so angry

Standing Ovation?? Stephen Dank in the open topped car??

6 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Got off lightly as far as i am concerned...

but we all have different views

And also sick to death of the media and afl feeling sorry for them and looking out for them ....why???....how much sympathy did we get over the tanking saga or our mismanagement over the past decade before jackson?  Zip. ...gets brought up all the time and rightly pointed out that we only had ourselves to blame for where we've been the past 10 years... all true and fair we copped it on the chin, along with all the smug remarks from every Essendrug supporter out there.

They are the ones responsible , they have to suck it up being in the mess they are now in. They don't deserve sympathy, yes they have and will be further punished over the next few years, they just need to serve out and cop it sweet and shut up. There denial and defiance to all this is mind boggling ....solidarity march ...FMD!  What a pack of wan kers 

Edited by Delusional demon 82
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Delusional demon 82 said:

And also sick to death of the media and afl feeling sorry for them and looking out for them ....why???....how much sympathy did we get over the tanking saga or our mismanagement over the past decade before jackson?  Zip. ...gets brought up all the time and rightly pointed out that we only had ourselves to blame for where we've been the past 10 years... all true and fair we copped it on the chin, along with all the smug remarks from every Essendrug supporter out there.

They are the ones responsible , they have to suck it up being in the mess they are now in. They don't deserve sympathy, yes they have and will be further punished over the next few years, they just need to serve out and cop it sweet and shut up. There denial and defiance to all this is mind boggling ....solidarity march ...FMD!  What a pack of wan kers 

Yep The AFL let them off with a detention

WADA & CAS had to but in and ruin the party...

I am going to buy a general entry ticket, proudly wearing my MFC Colors, sit right in the middle of the see no evil, hear no evil, do no evil supporters and let fly with the biggest Sledgefest I can muster!!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 7