MFC 2016 Membership - Record Broken. Next stop: 40,000

Lucifers Hero

7 minutes ago, Deeoldfart said:

Like most of us, the 40k target took a kick in the guts today.

If i was PJ i'd be mightily PO'd. Our losses (Hobart aside) would have really impacted on potential membership numbers.

After today's performance, the playing group shouldn't concern themselves with supporters turning up to Etihad, but supporters turning up. period.

Edited by Demon Disciple

I went to a New Balance shop today to check out sizes and the right gear for the family. I told them about the 70% discount and they said it must be a mistake. They couldn't believe NB was offering that discount. I went home thinking ok here we go. I entered the gear and the promo code and bingo it worked. 70% off. It's amazing. We should be telling everyone under the sun about this. 

I'm going to put some of my savings towards upgrading my membership and getting a junior membership as well.

• Like 5

I would like to attend Casey today at Druggy Hill but the club still hasn't sent a membership card out yet.

Starting to question the excellence of this administration.

Off the field they are wasting time,opportunities and oxygen.

The football dept looks adequate by comparison.

On 30 April 2016 at 7:48 AM, Biffen said:

I would like to attend Casey today at Druggy Hill but the club still hasn't sent a membership card out yet.

When did you pay for your membership Biff?

1 hour ago, TRIGON said:

When did you pay for your membership Biff?

Before the Collingwood game.

Spoke to Declan today and it was sent to my old address.

we should be ready to go soon.

54 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Before the Collingwood game.

Spoke to Declan today and it was sent to my old address.

we should be ready to go soon.

Good to hear. Reason for asking is that over the past week I've been really impressed by the effort and assistance provided by the membership services people. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Christ Biffen, like your aliases, that could be any one of about 27. Why don't you just have stuff posted to the Gat?

The mail at the Gat gets lots of attention from the Federal police and customs. 

Anyway, someone from Ozanam House is enjoying being a New member no doubt.

• Like 1

I think our web result will be roughly 39000, 40000 won't happen after those two silly losses. Having said that 3-3 isn't totally outside what I was expecting at this point, if we beat GC who were a rabble against the cats last week then we're back on track. 

I feel this season has to be based around not so much how we win or how we lose but how we respond to those losses and never be satisfied with our improvement. 

37,662 today.  So up 65 in a day.  I think fans can see the improvement and maybe the StK loss hasnt dented membership intentions too much.  Maybe Jesse kicking 7 offset the loss.  We have a good series of home hames at the G coming up.  And some G away games. 

Jesse alone may get members in!  Then add other exciting players like Viney, Gawn, Brayshaw, Oliver, Petracca etal.

Plenty of reasons to sign up!

FWIW i still think we will get the 40,000!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Getting to 40,000 will not only be a fabulous achievement it will also make it a lot easier for PJ to get our major sponsors eg AHG to renew their contracts which expire this year. 

We need them on board as well as more members.  

Maybe 40,000 will help PJ flesh out some new sponsors!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, Darkhorse72 said:

Sponsorship is all about advertising dollar, the cash paymentis just a bonus on top. 

True.

And mfc needs the cash!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

37,766!

Looks like our captains are had at work signing up lapsed members on a Race To Renew campaign.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2016-05-06/melbourne-launches-race-to-renew

Will be interesting to see the total after the campsign ends on May 16.  Might just be time to restart the countdown clock: to 40,000:)

Btw good to say the club involving Daisy as a leader of our club along side Nathan.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3

On 2 May 2016 at 0:53 AM, Tessaract said:

4 wins in a row will boost numbers.

Tees is that a big fat one you're holding up to your lower lip? Only asking as it would seem to be the only plausible explanation  for accidental inclusion of the number four in your post up there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Still a way to go however I suspect that this is due (in some cases) to people being AFL or MCC members and being too tight to also join the MFC. Be good if your MCC or AFL membership only entitled you to a maximum of three attendances for any particular team. Then we would see memberships soar past 40000!

7 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Still a way to go however I suspect that this is due (in some cases) to people being AFL or MCC members and being too tight to also join the MFC. Be good if your MCC or AFL membership only entitled you to a maximum of three attendances for any particular team. Then we would see memberships soar past 40000!

AFL memberships include club membership, if you opt to specify your club in the club support membership . MCC has a discounted add on, to be a MFC member.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Redleg said:

AFL memberships include club membership, if you opt to specify your club in the club support membership . MCC has a discounted add on, to be a MFC member.

Many MFC members are in effect making a donation to the club if they have an MCC/ MFC membership, as they dont need admission to the game, going in via the MCC members.

The people doing this need to be congratulated for paying the extra which they are happy to do and of course ALL MCC members who barrack for Melbourne should do it. We are 5 MCC members in our family  who have the joint membership. All like MCC members should do the same, then we'll get the numbers up

• Like 9

4 hours ago, pineapple dee said:

Many MFC members are in effect making a donation to the club if they have an MCC/ MFC membership, as they dont need admission to the game, going in via the MCC members.

The people doing this need to be congratulated for paying the extra which they are happy to do and of course ALL MCC members who barrack for Melbourne should do it. We are 5 MCC members in our family  who have the joint membership. All like MCC members should do the same, then we'll get the numbers up

That is exactly what I was driving at. It is too easy for MCC members to not purchase MFC as well. If it was mandatory for each MCC member to only have rights of admission to three games of any one team unless they also buy a football membership, we would see a jump in memberships of most Victorian Clubs but the Dees would be the greatest beneficiaries!