The Jack Trengove is BACK Thread

McQueen

10 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

What a load of absolute drivel

Which part, the bit where he failed to clear up the Watts situation, or the the part where he humiliated Trenners?

8 minutes ago, ProDee said:

I take no notice of supporters grievances when it comes to preseason player selections.  None.

Their views are predicated on nothing more than emotion and are utterly irrelevant.

But you did notice... just now... when you posted about it.

(There's also not a whole lot of emotion in wanting to observe the form of a broad range of players on our list before the season starts.)

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, ProDee said:

I take no notice of supporters grievances when it comes to preseason player selections.  None.

Their views are predicated on nothing more than emotion and are utterly irrelevant.

Didn't think this one thru, PD.

Thanks for the chuckle.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Dante said:

Which part, the bit where he failed to clear up the Watts situation, or the the part where he humiliated Trenners?

The club didn't have to clean up anything

it was a media driven frenzy about a bunch of practise matches

THE SEASON HAS NOT STARTED YET

Some of you people are far too precious!

Jesus - we should re-draft Morton for the way we treated him over his career..

I'm sorry, but you guys are nuts if you think JT had no idea that was going to happen.. And I am very certain he would be happy enough to be close to making the best 22!! From where he has come from that is an achievement in itself!

The coaches and selection staff don't have to answer to us for the reasons they do things and for those who think it is a massive lack of respect, think about what industry we are in! Most other clubs wouldn't even have JT on their list this year. AFL life is cutthroat, and the people complaining will be the first to call for his delisting when he inevitably plays a game this year...

• Like 4

On 10/03/2017 at 2:00 PM, 3Dee said:

The fact this conversation is happening serves as an embarrassment to Jack.

Send a rookie on the trip to gain the travel experience ffs.

Rubbish, jack is a paid afl player who went over there as cover and Goodwin as said he's that close to the team, if we had an injury in a warm up I'd much rather jack ready to step up and play than anyone else, and he's not the type to sook. He's a top fella 

He is still on the list unlike Grimes who is really the one who should be considered unfortunate.

Where there's life there's hope for JT

I think Im just burned still by Neeld. He made it his aim  to "get tough" with all the players ...and, lets face it,  was cheered on by many on this site to do so. We all know how that ended.  Roos got so much out of the players using a very different method. So when Goody "gets tough" with Watts or makes a hard call with JT its hard not t be reminded of the darkest years this footy club has ever known. 

I think Goody generally is a big players man...and from what Ive read has excellent relationships with them and the coaches. His moves with JW and JT have def made me nervous but he's gotta find out who HE is as a coach. The last thing we want is someone too scared to make tough calls. 

• Like 2

Goodwin: "Jack your just outside the best team this week and you'll play if we get any fresh injury.  We are going to take an extra player to cover us but they won't get a run if there are no injuries.  You're the man but if you don't want to go over there on that basis we'll take someone else"

Trengove: "Go stuff yourself Goodwin.  I was captain of this club long before you came and you're not respecting me as a player.  Take someone else, I don't want the chance if it comes up".

Not.

• Like 4

A lament to JT

Tis a shame, but who's to blame?

Captaincy and injury?

He can't ran fast, he can ran far... much like his sister, Jessica

The game passed him by, not by far...the painful curse of the navicular  

...and the painful curse of Neeld...lack of sentiment, the scythe should wield.

Farewell Jack, a great bloke, but we don't do great blokes in AFL - no joke

we do athletes in their prime, not Blease, nor Cale, not Grimes, not you, this time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vogon Poetry said:

Goodwin: "Jack your just outside the best team this week and you'll play if we get any fresh injury.  We are going to take an extra player to cover us but they won't get a run if there are no injuries.  You're the man but if you don't want to go over there on that basis we'll take someone else"

Trengove: "Go stuff yourself Goodwin.  I was captain of this club long before you came and you're not respecting me as a player.  Take someone else, I don't want the chance if it comes up".

Not.

Goodwin: Jack, we've named you as the emergency for the first two of our preseason matches so far and we're going to do it again this Thursday.  The fact that you've been the emergency three times says that you're close to selection, but not close enough to be given any game time at all - the JLT cup is just too important to us.  While you've had a good preseason it is essential that we get plenty of game time into Vince, Jones and Lewis; these fellas need to learn what it is to be a senior footballer.  While there have been many people questioning your pace against AFL standard players... we've decided not to test this.  While there have been some who question your best position... we've also decided not to test this.  We have a plan A and will deal with plan B if the need should ever arise.  By the way, you're suiting up for the Casey intra-club as soon as you step off the red-eye from Perth.  Good chat.

Edited by TeamPlayedFine39
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Goodwin: Jack, we've named you as the emergency for the first two of our preseason matches so far and we're going to do it again this Thursday.  The fact that you've been the emergency three times says that you're close to selection, but not close enough to be given any game time at all - the JLT cup is just too important to us.  While you've had a good preseason it is essential that we get plenty of game time into Vince, Jones and Lewis; these fellas need to learn what it is to be a senior footballer.  While there have been many people questioning your pace against AFL standard players... we've decided not to test this.  While there have been some who question your best position... we've also decided not to test this.  We have a plan A and will deal with plan B if the need should ever arise.  By the way, you're suiting up for the Casey intra-club as soon as you step off the red-eye from Perth.  Good chat.

What about:

Jack, we know what you can do but the players you are competing with don't have the same level of game day experience as you and need run in their legs and to better understand game play and pattern, something which as a former leader we know you already have a strong understanding towards.

On 10/03/2017 at 1:49 PM, beelzebub said:

How far did they fly for game ?

Why does a flight have anything to do with it.   Surely they wanted to play 23 players and Trenners was there if someone got injured.  No one got injured so he didn't play, simple.  It's not rocket science 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Why does a flight have anything to do with it.   Surely they wanted to play 23 players and Trenners was there if someone got injured.  No one got injured so he didn't play, simple.  It's not rocket science 

Because he flew there and back on a short turnaround fod NOTHING. it a longhaul not conducive to being terribly fresh for a game. He came back early to do so, the rest had played when they do so not as much a factor.

No its not rocket science. ( Might be just as well )

1 hour ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

I think you underestimate the benefit of players playing together.  It's about knowing what your teammates do, where they run and how they play.  It's no surprise that good teams are stable teams.  Our first few games are critical to our season and we need to maximise those chances.  Giving a game to someone who is probably between 25 and 30 on our list (the FD opinion not mine) when players such as Kent, Garlett, Hibbert, Frost and perhaps Smith are close is of no benefit to MFC.

I like Jack but we need to stop thinking of him as a good bloke who we want to give a go to and look at what's best for MFC.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vogon Poetry said:

I think you underestimate the benefit of players playing together.  It's about knowing what your teammates do, where they run and how they play.  It's no surprise that good teams are stable teams.  Our first few games are critical to our season and we need to maximise those chances.  Giving a game to someone who is probably between 25 and 30 on our list (the FD opinion not mine) when players such as Kent, Garlett, Hibbert, Frost and perhaps Smith are close is of no benefit to MFC.

I like Jack but we need to stop thinking of him as a good bloke who we want to give a go to and look at what's best for MFC.

I do see your point and, truth be told, I don't entirely disagree with you.  My point of contention however is that the 25-30 that you refer to seems to be something that is based upon training form.  For whatever reasons Trengove, Jetta, Pederson, etc. have spent the last month on the sidelines and have not had the opportunity to prove themselves during an actual match.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

I do see your point and, truth be told, I don't entirely disagree with you.  My point of contention however is that the 25-30 that you refer to seems to be something that is based upon training form.  For whatever reasons Trengove, Jetta, Pederson, etc. have spent the last month on the sidelines and have not had the opportunity to prove themselves during an actual match.

Some may underestimate the benefit of trialling a ( knocking on door ) fit player under real game conditions at the top level :rolleyes:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Because other players are more important right now...

trengove is about number 40 on the list

4 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Because other players are more important right now...

trengove is about number 40 on the list

Logic suggests #23 more likely :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Vogon Poetry said:

Sorry, but it's just as possible that one of the assistant coaches came up to him while he was getting changed and said, "Jack, this is our plan for you today ..."