The Jack Trengove is BACK Thread

McQueen

3 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i thought his right foot was his dominant foot anyway. is my memory that bad?

Mate my memory is likes sieve at the best of times, let alone sleepless due to 4 month old.

Have just looked up some of his draft stuff and noted as a dual sided kick. Nothing to see here... 

1 minute ago, Cards13 said:

Mate my memory is likes sieve at the best of times, let alone sleepless due to 4 month old.

Have just looked up some of his draft stuff and noted as a dual sided kick. Nothing to see here... 

fair enough, lol. my memory (and it is definitely a sieve at times) is that he preferred his right foot in general play but was no slouch on his left but only if he had to use it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Franky_31 said:

Jack Trengove looked to be comfortably in the best 22 yesterday. I was trying to be objective but his clean hands and foot(!)  and his fast leads were very good and his professionalism in training shone.

Are you serious? He couldn't compete in contested work, as he is still early in his rehab from a major foot injury, yet you have him comfortably in our best 22, WOW ! 

• Like 1

I didnt see him doing the contested work. I did see him working as a forward. I said that in the other thread.

25 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i thought his right foot was his dominant foot anyway. is my memory that bad?

Definitely a right footer

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Franky_31 said:

I didnt see him doing the contested work. I did see him working as a forward. I said that in the other thread.

Well surely Franky, you are not trying to belittle the rest of the squad, by suggesting that a bloke who has been injured for 2 years, is not yet fully fit and hasn't done any contested work, could "comfortably" be in our best 22 then. 

• Like 1

I saw plenty of Jack Watts dialing in his training and C Salem and Tyson not hitting targets. I didnt want to speak about it because Salem gets a pass but Watts wont change. I saw complacency from coaches and players but I cant comment because I hadnt gone to any other training and may have missed something. I saw Watts get the opportunity to take a good pack mark and he pulled up. I dont think that supporters need to hear that.

I saw Trengove act like one of the best forwards on the field and thats my stated interest. I also said that I may be over stating how good he looked. I will say he may get a guernsey before the Trucc who was half hearted and not hitting targets at kick to kick. He is happy as Jack.

I only want to belittle the glad handlers like yourself who wow way too easily.

40 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

cheers

Didn't read the updated posts when I commented that right foot statement, definitely no intention of being a [censored]

Funnily enough I seem recall a post from years ago (maybe from when he was drafted) showing photos of Jack kicking on both feet (obviously not at the same time!) Comment was made that he was comfortable on both feet. 

1 hour ago, Franky_31 said:

I saw plenty of Jack Watts dialing in his training and C Salem and Tyson not hitting targets. I didnt want to speak about it because Salem gets a pass but Watts wont change. I saw complacency from coaches and players but I cant comment because I hadnt gone to any other training and may have missed something. I saw Watts get the opportunity to take a good pack mark and he pulled up. I dont think that supporters need to hear that.

I saw Trengove act like one of the best forwards on the field and thats my stated interest. I also said that I may be over stating how good he looked. I will say he may get a guernsey before the Trucc who was half hearted and not hitting targets at kick to kick. He is happy as Jack.

I only want to belittle the glad handlers like yourself who wow way too easily.

Your post shows exactly why people are tiring of Demonland.

Someone questions a post and gets insulted in return.

You call me a glad handler. I didn't resort to personal insults on your post. That is your response to someone who questioned your post, about Trengove being comfortably in the best 22, after some light training.

• Like 2

The way I see it...

If Trengove makes it back and by "make it back" I mean fully fit and injury free and able to play at a sustained level of play in accordance with his abilities pre-injury, then there's no doubt he's best 22.  None whatsoever.

Will he "make it back" from this injury?  

Notwithstanding his terrific inroads, there's still doubt.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ProDee said:

The way I see it...

If Trengove makes it back and by "make it back" I mean fully fit and injury free and able to play at a sustained level of play in accordance with his abilities pre-injury, then there's no doubt he's best 22.  None whatsoever.

Will he "make it back" from this injury? 

Notwithstanding his terrific inroads, there's still doubt.

yes there is doubt, considerable doubt in fact

if he can achieve it, and most of us hope he will, it will be a magnificent achievement against the odds

so far, he is ticking off the boxes one by one, so fingers crossed 

• Like 2

I see the ability to kick on his left foot as only a small objective in his recovery. As anyone who's played the game knows, your feet get stood on, fallen on and kicked quite a bit - particularly when you're playing on the ball.

I tend to think that's going to pose a greater obstacle and obviously we won't know until he plays competition footy.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, McQueen said:

I see the ability to kick on his left foot as only a small objective in his recovery. As anyone who's played the game knows, your feet get stood on, fallen on and kicked quite a bit - particularly when you're playing on the ball.

I tend to think that's going to pose a greater obstacle and obviously we won't know until he plays competition footy.

For this reason, could they develop a boot or guard that would provide protection from point loading causes by being stepped /stomped on? 

May be overkill,  but after what he's been through I'd do everything i could to protect it. 

8 hours ago, Peter Griffen said:

Was he kicking on his left at all? to be totally honest i know it's not good at AFL level to be one sided but i'd be pretty happy for him to have a 90-10 ratio towards his right foot in an effort to protect his left a little more.

I am no biomechanics expert, but doesn't the non-kicking foot also get subjected to significant stresses when the ball is kicked?  Perhaps less sudden  impact, but certainly takes stress and torsion when bearing the full weight.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, deanox said:

For this reason, could they develop a boot or guard that would provide protection from point loading causes by being stepped /stomped on? 

May be overkill,  but after what he's been through I'd do everything i could to protect it. 

It's a fair question. 

Maybe 'Webber' could provide an insight if he's browsing.

12 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

For once people are not overly excited about a first round pick (Clayton Oliver) debut.

This was always the main talk of the topic around the Bailey and Neeld years if i remember.

not much difference between Trac and Oliver to be fair

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Hopefully he'll get on the park at some point, but staying on it, and then fulfilling his potential ... it'll be a long road.

Well I am certain if anyone has the mental toughness and dedication to travel the long road it is Jack

1 hour ago, monoccular said:

Well I am certain if anyone has the mental toughness and dedication to travel the long road it is Jack

Reckon he's already covered a fair bit of those roads.

• Like 1