Jack Watts in 2016?

Fitz Fitzpatrick

Sick of reading this. Please provide your factual information for this. Factual.

Heard an interview with his manager, who didn't dismiss the claim. Just stated that Watts was a contracted player and wanted to stay at Melbourne.

Clubs aren't stupid enough to openly say that they're shopping a player around. Their response is along the lines of "we'll be looking to improve our list, yadda, yadda, yadda."

I don't know how you couldn't have Watts in our best 22, he is with out a doubt our best ball user.

Some of the decisions he makes under pressure are amazing, he just needs to find the consistency to take his game to the next level and I hope 2016 is the year he does this.

18th in the B&F despite playing 20 games suggests that the coaching panel didn't rate his performance this season.

• Like 4

The fact that no other club had any interest in Watts may have been a factor as to why we didn't trade him.

Sick of reading this. Please provide your factual information for this. Factual.

Heard an interview with his manager, who didn't dismiss the claim. Just stated that Watts was a contracted player and wanted to stay at Melbourne.

Clubs aren't stupid enough to openly say that they're shopping a player around. Their response is along the lines of "we'll be looking to improve our list, yadda, yadda, yadda."

Sooooooo no actual facts then?

Is that the best you can do?

I'm not a total novice, he is one our best if Neeld didn't screw him over with his mistaken Human Resource mgmt skills, he'd have the confidence of someone who'd never fail.

He's now got the size and the belief of his team mates.

Watch him, he is better than eledio

Sorry but this is the biggest load of rubbish here. Neeld screwed alot of people but hasn't stop the likes of Viney Jones McDonald Dunn and so on from performing well since Neeld has been moved on.

If Neeld is at Fault then what does that say about Paul Roos who also hasn't been able to get Watts to the elite player many had hoped for.

Seriously people need to stop blaming coaches and other people for development problems. Watts needs to also take ownership for his own destiny for once. 24 years old in his 7th year of AFL football and hes been nothing but a disappointment.

Better then Brett Deledio you mean!? Spare me mate seriously..

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 2

Statistics 2015

Jack Watts 20 games 325 disposals 10 goals

Deledio 18 games 389 disposals 27 goals

18th in the B&F despite playing 20 games suggests that the coaching panel didn't rate his performance this season.

I still think he has the potential to become a magnificent player it's just up to club if they are willing to wait for it to happen.

In saying that I also thought the same of Sylvia.

Edited by ILLDieADemon

So if we buy into the myth that Watts has been mismanaged/poorly coached how does the current coaching panel coach into his game the one thing that is missing.

Has Roos failed Jack too?

How many times can you ask someone to have a crack?

So if we buy into the myth that Watts has been mismanaged/poorly coached how does the current coaching panel coach into his game the one thing that is missing.

Has Roos failed Jack too?

How many times can you ask someone to have a crack?

This has been the one time that while expectations have been unrealistic to an extent, those expectations have not been coming from the club. Unlike Neeld who shat all over Jack and at times publicly humiliated him (i.e. that article in the Age where it was clearly outlined that he called both Jack and Colin Sylvia into his office and bollocked them on his first day, dragging him during 148 when he shouldn't have even played due to injury) or Bailey (though his culpability is a little in question) who played him well before he was ready and didn't give him time to develop properly, Roos has simply said he wants Jack to be the best he can be. There have been no public denunciations. There have been no faux demotions. I think Roos has protected Jack to the best of his ability.

This will be his third year under Roos. Other members of our younger brigade have demonstrably improved and developed under his coaching (Jack Viney, Angus Brayshaw) as have some of the older brigade (Lynden Dunn, Neville Jetta and to an extent Cam Pedersen). If Jack doesn't show that after three years he is a solid league footballer under a development coach who is considered the best in the league (Brendan McCartney) and a premiership coach (Paul Roos) who is consider one of the founding fathers of one of the best cultures in the league, then it's time for the apologists to eat some humble pie.

They've totally changed actually. But I guess you wouldn't have had time to notice what with bagging out the club, raging about the past, having personal cracks at people on the internet...

the BASIC philosophies of footy have not changed.

Training and strategy has

If Watts is not confident to go and get the ball and lay solid tackles he won't progress

What other player plays 7 seasons and we still don't know where to play him??

• Like 1

He's just too "nice" on the field. With the team of competitors we are building he sticks out like a sore thumb. He needs to find his edge or he will be gone by the end of the year. I like Jack, He's obviously a great kid, but can any of you honestly picture him in a grand final? I know clubs need outside players, but at hawthorn these players still go when it's their turn. When it's jacks turn he gets outmuscled by Jamie Bennell. He would be a great player if he had some mongrel, but it's just not in him.

• Like 3

I can picture him in a grand final...... Running around like a headless chook, getting no where near it, pretending to bust a gut chasing blokes but really holding back for fear of personal safety.

What I can't imagine is why anyone would take him into a prelim let alone a grand final. Certainly not on exposed form over 7 years thus far. To whoever raised Hawkins, he had shown a lot more than Jacky to this point in his career. A helluva lot more!

• Like 2

Absolutely torn down the middle on him.

I do hope he succeeds because you love his vision and what he does with the ball when he is "on".

The problem for me is not that he is not on from one week to the next but he has a fairly sizable gap between his best and worst within a single game. That's why he is impossible to rate.

He has the odd "A+" moments in a game where he shows how exquisitely skilled he is followed by moments of "F" jogging half arsed to a contest or simply not imposing himself.

• Like 2

Unlike Neeld who shat all over Jack and at times publicly humiliated him (i.e. that article in the Age where it was clearly outlined that he called both Jack and Colin Sylvia into his office and bollocked them on his first day, dragging him during 148 when he shouldn't have even played due to injury)

I wonder why this technique never worked on Jack, it sure as hell would get me to do whatever it was Neeld was ever so politely asking:

feqvov.gif

I think he's saying something along the lines of "Just have fun out there and do your best, that's all that counts"

https://youtu.be/0a45z_HG3WU

I think someone should superimpose footage of some of Neeldy's more prominent coaching box performances over this song. It would be a brilliant juxtaposition.

By the way, this is the same bloke who sang 'The Streak' before he became a US Tea Party Activist.

I wonder why this technique never worked on Jack, it sure as hell would get me to do whatever it was Neeld was ever so politely asking:

feqvov.gif

I get "I want that f*&^cker dragged NOW!"

• Like 1