Differing opinions

Phadraig

I've noticed in the last year or so that there has been a lot of stupid bickering and name calling derailing threads. I'm just asking can you please stop this rubbish? If you don't like or agree with someones opinion so much that you feel like you have to respond with insults why don't you just put them on ignore. It is becoming a chore to read through some of these threads listening to you guys throw stupid insults at each other.

Dazzle, Moon, Stuie (I know there's a lot more but that's all I can think of right now) I'm talking to you guys. I enjoy reading your posts on football but for a long time it has just been you guys calling out other posters and such. I know a lot of posters are dumb and I'm probably one of them but for someone that comes here to read about Melbourne news it sucks to have to wade through pages of posts of you guys just arguing together.

• Like 30

Only the last year or so you say?

Nice sentiment with this thread but unfortunately it will only fall upon deaf ears.

I've been reading this site for about 6 years now and it has been going on for a lot longer than that but for the last year it seems to be getting a lot worse!

Edited by Rafiki

Geez mate. Were you here in 2013? The message board now is a model of peace and tranquility compared to then. It wasn't only the results making people crabby but keep in mind we had 'treasures' like Saty, Doctor Who and Ben Hur in residence back then.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

The mods should have pulled them all into line a long time ago.

They ruin the forum with their constant sniping, name calling, cheap shots and arguing, Always the same people. Every time.

• Like 4

I've been reading this site for about 6 years now and it has been going on for a lot longer than that but for the last year it seems to be getting a lot worse!

I personally miss the tripe written by Yze Magic who disappeared from forum life many years ago.His outlandish statements always fired me up and I responded accordingly.

• Like 1

Youtside

I've noticed in the last year or so that there has been a lot of stupid bickering and name calling derailing threads. I'm just asking can you please stop this rubbish? If you don't like or agree with someones opinion so much that you feel like you have to respond with insults why don't you just put them on ignore. It is becoming a chore to read through some of these threads listening to you guys throw stupid insults at each other.

Dazzle, Moon, Stuie (I know there's a lot more but that's all I can think of right now) I'm talking to you guys. I enjoy reading your posts on football but for a long time it has just been you guys calling out other posters and such. I know a lot of posters are dumb and I'm probably one of them but for someone that comes here to read about Melbourne news it sucks to have to wade through pages of posts of you guys just arguing together.

you so and so i can abuse who i like lol

Geez mate. Were you here in 2013? The message board now is a model of peace and tranquility compared to then. It wasn't only the results making people crabby but keep in mind we had 'treasures' like Saty, Doctor Who and Ben Hur in residence back then.

Ben Hur is back on board under another guise but i must say he's much less brutal toward others than he used to be. Kind of miss his sharp rebukes to be honest!

The mods should have pulled them all into line a long time ago.

They ruin the forum with their constant sniping, name calling, cheap shots and arguing, Always the same people. Every time.

HH , you are one of the main culprits mate. not sniping but incessant arguing over moot points.

• Like 1

It is an Australian characteristic I reckon. We're taught from a young age that our opinion matters. We're encouraged to vigorously express our opinion with little regard for someone expressing an alternative view. We're encouraged not to back down and think that shooting the messenger will somehow win us points. We lack empathy for alternative points of view and many of us maintain a superiority complex that is staggering.
Australians overseas get a reputation for being know-alls and being ridiculously aggressive in expressing our often ill-thought out opinions. Demonland is no different to Australian society.

Edited by dee-tox
  • Like 3

It is an Australian characteristic I reckon. We're taught from a you age that our opinion matters. We're encouraged to vigorously express our opinion with little regard for someone expressing an alternative view. We're encouraged not to back down and think that shooting the messenger will somehow win us points. We lack empathy for alternative points of view and many of us maintain a superiority complex that is staggering.

Australians overseas get a reputation for being know-alls and being ridiculously aggressive in expressing our often ilk-thought out opinions. Demonland is no different to Australian society.

Wtf

• Like 3

I personally miss the tripe written by Yze Magic who disappeared from forum life many years ago.His outlandish statements always fired me up and I responded accordingly.

Are we totally sure hogans_heroes/Petraccattack isn't Yze Magic?

• Like 6

I don't mind the arguments but the name calling and belittling goes too far. One may have done it occasionally. One gets a rush of blood and shoots off a post that one shouldn't.

Argumentum ad hominem is to be avoided- stuie.

• Like 2

I find it quite ironic that in the thread decrying bickering and insults we have littered it by insulting various posters...

They mostly deserve it, but I thought I would point out the irony.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 7