WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - BEN KENNEDY

MadAsHell

I think people will be pleasantly surprised by Kennedy. He was used as the sub at Collingwood on countless occasions, meaning his stats are somewhat misguiding. Collingwood are stacked with his type of player moreso than just about any other club. I think he will play round one and good luck to him.

I've never looked at his stats, I just don't know what kind of player he is and what he offers. Potentially he could be a half-forward flank or forward pocket but I don't see him any more than depth at this stage.

Thanks for this Bay, seems a realistic opinion. I have been wondering about Kennedy given Collingwoods willingness to trade him. Buckley and Eddie never play Santa Claus.

I can see him getting games early and his positive is he racks them up at VFL level so has a fantastic attitude. My Collingwood mate loves him and didn't want him to go.

• Like 2

yes he looks a terrier but I think he is decent depth (above Matt Jones but below Brayshaw,Viney, Vandenburg, Vince, Jones) as he also has his deficiencies. That is agility and height. Speed is ok but not express. kicking looks ok over short distances. he looks a link player, clever, but won't be a 'yardage' player like a Brayshaw, roosting it over the oppositions press. looks like a poor mans Viney to me. his grunt is very good though.

no disgrace there, but definitely an advance over 2015 depth M Jones and Bail in particular

• Like 2

My Brother is quite bullish about Kennedy, but I suspect he's too influenced by his junior days when he looked really promising.

I'm underwhelmed, although he definitely has talent.

I know a couple who played against him in his younger days, and they are both huge wraps for him. Seems he was quite a star as a junior. But obviously remains to be seen if he can transfer that to the top level, but I am confident he can.

On 1 December 2015 17:51:13, Mach5 said:

I see him and Kent as almost being the same player.

Isn't it great that there will be competition for places in the team.

• Like 2

On 1 December 2015 2:01:02 pm, Ron Burgundy said:

I reckon Kennedy and Melksham (in particular) are going to prove to be bloody good pick ups.

Looking at footage of Bugg, I suspect that he won't disappoint either, especially if they unleash him forward!

5 minutes ago, Good Times Grimes said:

I think that Kent's disposal and decision making are markedly better than Kennedy's. 

I was tempted to, but shied away from, referring to Kennedy as a "lesser" version of Kent.
I think the difference is marginal, but I like that we are stockpiling multiple options for the same positions - depth and competition.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

I was tempted to, but shied away from, referring to Kennedy as a "lesser" version of Kent.
I think the difference is marginal, but I like that we are stockpiling multiple options for the same positions - depth and competition.

Agreed. What's good about them is that neither of them will take a backwards step. Part of the new Melbourne breed.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Good Times Grimes said:

Was very impressed with Kennedy's game today, particularly his second half. He was hard at the ball, able to keep his feet and had relatively tidy skills. I think he'll be in the squad for round one.

Really switched on after half time he will have a good look in for r 1

1 minute ago, Good Times Grimes said:

Was very impressed with Kennedy's game today, particularly his second half. He was hard at the ball, able to keep his feet and had relatively tidy skills. I think he'll be in the squad for round one.

We can't have just Jeffy Garlett as the only livewire small in the forward line. The likes of Kennedy, Kent and JKH competing for the other small forward role will only be a good thing.

Very impressive game. Managed to keep his feet at a couple of crucial moments, he made good decisions and his disposal is pretty neat. He's definitely an upgrade on the Ben Newton's of the world.

• Like 2

His first half was pretty awful so he was due for a big 2nd half. 

All about composure and work rate. He's smart and hard at it, if he can run hard and use the ball calmly he'll be a nice addition. If not Kent, Harmes, Vanders etc will keep him out.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.