• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Collingwood v Casey Scorpions

KC from Casey

All over and it's a Collingwood win by 23 points.

2015 Peter Jackson VFL

Casey Scorpions 2.4.16 3.4.22 6.5.41 9.6.60

Collingwood 1.1.7 4.4.28 9.4.58 12.11.83

Goals

Casey Scorpions Hunt King White 2 McDonald McKenzie Newton

Collingwood Reid 3 Matheson Young 2 Cox Gault Hellier McKeown Williams

Best

Casey Scorpions McKenzie White Neal-Bullen Hunt Panozza Terlich

Collingwood Dwyer Marsh Seedsman Borthwick Hellier Young

Right !!!!!!!

INNS NEXT WEEK ARE

WHITE

HUNT

RILEY

KING

Time to blood for the future

White.... smart's, Pace and a razor left boot!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1

Unless you've completed a medical degree this week and can provide detailed injury updates, I won't be reading your reports KC - last week's failure to immediately diagnose Kent's hammy tightness was a total disgrace ! ;)

I hope that that was tongue in cheek.

Think you will find Dr Nitschke is open for business.

Nitschke Can come and do the deed on MFC that will mercifully end our collective misery.

Back to the game - how were the rucks, Jamar and Spencer?

What's the parking options around Vic Park? Anyone know?

park anywhere you like around there. Your car will be stolen and rebirthed within the hour. public tansport is good so dont worry too much about the loss.

• Like 1

Right !!!!!!!

INNS NEXT WEEK ARE

WHITE

HUNT

RILEY

KING

Time to blood for the future

White.... smart's, Pace and a razor left boot!

Much as I would love to see that, I think in the long run we'd be better off holding them back until next year. Well, except for Riley who should probably have been in the side today. It Is awesome that White is managing to have an impact and Hunt fought back from what sounds like a pretty dirty first half to have an impact. Those two I have really high hopes for.

• Like 1

I was there (for 3 quarters). Not a great game, very wind affected, weren't many standouts, Mckenzie and Riley were probably the best in the midfield. Toumpas was hit in the head during the 2nd and sat out the rest of the game, Fitzy also got some sort of leg injury that looked quite bad and sat out much of the game. Also Salem suffered a corked hip but returned, played more as a forward and was struggling a little.

Jamar and Spencer were both fairly average, wasn't the best balance having both them and King out there in the wet

Much as I would love to see that, I think in the long run we'd be better off holding them back until next year. Well, except for Riley who should probably have been in the side today. It Is awesome that White is managing to have an impact and Hunt fought back from what sounds like a pretty dirty first half to have an impact. Those two I have really high hopes for.

its sounds time to let McKenzie show if he's improved well before end of season. someone said his kicking was better? & in form, time for him to show something, its now, or never.

Ok, now I'm confused... haha

Yep that was my frozen fingers replying inferring Hunt was deep forward, not O Mac whoops!

So who is 74 for Scorps playing full back? Thought that was O Mac but not sure now.

He was indeed #74. Gets just that bit better every game, still needs to work on his awareness and quickness getting rid of the footy when

in a defensive area, but that will come as his ability to read situations improves.

Max King had barely touched the footy for the first 3 quarters, it wasnt a day conducive to big men, and we had 4 of them nearing 200cm,

but his last quarter was one to enjoy. Kicked a couple, set up Hunt twice with near identical kicks to the space running towards goal, and shows

good ability to pick the ball up at his feet as well as taking a couple of marks over the top of our 2 ruckmen. He's still nowhere near ready for AFL

footy, but will definitely be worth persevering with next year. Ironically his good final quarter came after Plapp had instructed them at 3/4 time to clear

the 50 out for the smalls JKH and Salem. His spray to the players to 'stop reading their own press' at that change was also a good one, he can get fired

up, I like it. At 1/4 time, in a term where we dominated possession with the wind but failed to capitalise on the scoreboard, it was also good to see first

McCartney grab Plapp at the huddle and have a few words, and then Roos do the same. Managed to overhear Roos mention that he knew they were playing

the better footy, just have to tell them to keep at it. All the senior coaches were there for at least a quarter and a half, all in their civvies and seemingly incognito,

but all seemingly keen to see this side do well.

Edited by DemonDave
  • Like 2

I braved the wind and occasional rain sprawl at good old Victoria Park - home to where Peter Daicos, Dennis Banks and others smashed us on so many occasions.

It was bitterly cold and the wind made kicking to the city end almost impossible, unless you managed to get a ball that slipped over the back - which the Pies did on many occasions.

It was also one of the more physical first halves I've ever seen - guys were tackling like it was a GF - and I'd suspect both these sides, when they have pretty much full lists like they had, will be able to be competitive with Box Hill, Dogs, Sandy etc.

For those wanting Hunt in next week, I'm sorry but you wouldn't pick him on that display - barely touched it for three quarters when I left, although I understand he got two late ones.

For those wanting Salem in, well that might happen, but it will be on reputation, not on his display. He really struggled, looked short of a gallop and made one of the most horrendous howlers in second term that only Jimmy T can match. He did take a couple of nice marks later, but to me, looked a tad overweight than normal. Needs another VFL run in my view.

Speaking of Jimmy T, he was pretty good in the first half. Looked confident running down wing and his absence in the second, along with Fitzy's, was the key factor.

Fitzy was huge early, especially given most of the Pies forward moves went through Ben Reid and Fitzy kept him pretty well in check and ran off him really well.

When Fitzy went off in third, our whole confidence down back crumbled.

The other surprise to me, given I'm one of the few to rate him, was that Spencer had a howler. Kept misjudging and dropping marks in the wind. Jamar was clearly the more dominate of the two and the Pies Cox has improved.

I wasn't a big fan of Neal-Bullen's game, although he tried hard, he just wasn't effective with his clearances from the middle.

Riley hunted down bodies like he always does and hurt a few with his tackles.

The two best, once Fitzy went off, from what I saw, were the two we all bag the most - Jordie and Terlich.

Jordie tagged Young in the second half and did a pretty good job and he even scored a nice goal on the run - I kid you not.

Terls ran around mopping up almost everything - sure he turned it over, but he was a real livewire.

Bail got plenty of it, but was ineffectual for most of it.

JKH looked lively as a small forward but had no scoreboard pressure.

Newton kicked a ripper on the run (JKH handball) and was handy, but probably didn't do enough.

White took a great mark and kicked our first from 65m with the wind, but struggled to get it, spending most of the game as a small forward - I couldn't figure out why.

King was classy at times, but like all our three giants, struggled to win it in the conditions because it was almost impossible to mark.

The only other positive was that Oscar Mac took a handful of nice marks and kicked a thumping goal - now he's not that far off a debut IMO. He still gets brushed aside too easily at times, but he's almost ready.

Ultimately, the Pies had more run than us, especially once JimmyT went off. At times it's a little hard to figure if that's because we have too many hard-working types or because our gameplan of keeping possession at all times, means we go back way too often. A bit of both I suspect.

• Like 10

BAD AND UGLY by KC from Casey

It was a day for the bad and the ugly and very little good for the Casey Scorpions on a day when they had a season high 16 Melbourne listed players, started favourites over Collingwood VFL at Victoria Park in miserable conditions and finished with a 23 point loss that could so easily have been much more.

The signs were bad early when the Scorpions kicked with the advantage of a stiff breeze but broke down in front of goal to score only three points in the first 15 minutes before a long goal off the boot of rookie Mitch White gave them a lift. However, when Magpie AFL premiership defender Ben Reid goaled well into time on, Casey's domination around the ground had been wasted. An after the siren goal by Ben Newton was much needed and then Max King booted another early in the second term to give them a 15 point buffer but from there, the Pies took over.

Although Mark Jamar and Jake Spencer dominated the hit outs as usual, there was no spring in their step and the Collingwood on ball brigade sharked much of their work, outrunning and outrunning the visitors who were lucky to be just one goal in arrears at the break.

The Scorps had the wind but put in an absolute shocker in the third quarter, allowing the Magpies to kick five goals straight outscore them for the term. They trailed by three goals but the game was virtually all over and even though the bitingly cold conditions moderated, the home team dominated but kicked poorly in the end. The final scoreboard did them little justice.

For Casey, Jordie McKenzie was easily the team's best and his disposal looks to have improved. The Demons' forgotten man would be looking at a comeback to AFL ranks on that performance. Alex Neal-Bullen with 40 touches was a prolific ball magnet and definitely has a future in the Melbourne midfield. Rohan Bail was busy and there were flashes of good play from others but generally it was not good enough. Despite some good flashes of play from Jayden Hunt, Max King and Mitch White, all are still a way off.

Casey was also hampered by injuries to Jack Fitzpatrick, Jimmy Toumpas and Ed Morris, all of who had opened brightly and the limited ground time of Christian Salem coming back from hamstring problems.

The Scorpions find themselves in seventh place and with a tough final month return to Casey Fields next Sunday in a must win match up against eighth placed Werribee.

2015 Peter Jackson VFL

Casey Scorpions 2.4.16 3.4.22 6.5.41 9.6.60

Collingwood 1.1.7 4.4.28 9.4.58 12.11.83

Goals

Casey Scorpions Hunt King White 2 McDonald McKenzie Newton

Collingwood Reid 3 Matheson Young 2 Cox Gault Hellier McKeown Williams

Best

Casey Scorpions McKenzie White Neal-Bullen Hunt Panozza Terlich

Collingwood Dwyer Marsh Seedsman Borthwick Hellier Young

Statistics

Rohan Bail 1 behind 30 disposals 10 kicks 20 handballs 5 marks 9 tackles 120 dream team points

Jack Fitzpatrick 7 disposals 3 kicks 4 handballs 3 marks 1 tackle 31 dream team points

Mark Jamar 16 disposals 11 kicks 5 handballs 3 marks 4 tackles 48 hit outs 119 dream team points

Jayden Hunt 2 goals 1 behind 11 disposals 8 kicks 3 handballs 1 mark 1 tackle 49 dream team points

Jay Kennedy-Harris 14 disposals 4 kicks 10 handballs 1 marks 7 tackles 63 dream team points

Max King 2 goals 13 disposals 9 kicks 4 handballs 7 marks 1 tackle 1 hit out 73 dream team points Alex Neal-Bullen 40 disposals 18 kicks 22 handballs 5 marks 8 tackles 140 dream team points

Oscar McDonald 1 goal disposals kicks handballs marks tackles dream team points

Jordie McKenzie 1 goal 1 behind 30 disposals 17 kicks 13 handballs 6 marks 2 tackles 111 dream team points

Ben Newton 1 goal disposals kicks handballs marks tackles

Aidan Riley 21 disposals 8 kicks 13 handballs 1 marks 6 tackles 68 dream team points

Christian Salem 8 disposals 4 kicks 4 handballs 4 marks 2 tackles 37 dream team points

Jake Spencer 1 behind disposals 2 kicks 7 handballs 1 mark 4 tackles 20 hit outs 60 dream team points

Dean Terlich 25 disposals 11 kicks 14 handballs 3 tackles 70 dream team points

Jimmy Toumpas 12 disposals 6 kicks 6 handballs 1 tackle 31 dream team points

Mitch White 2 goals 17 disposals 9 kicks 8 handballs 5 marks 4 tackles 83 dream team points

• Like 1

Wowee, ANB with 40 touches and 8 tackles. Will surely be back in vs the Pies this week

Stats are one thing, but his impact on the actual game didnt scream out '40 possessions' to the naked eye.

McKenzie had much more impact on the game.

The last time ANB played a VFL game, he also played Collingwood, and he had 35 odd that day and had a much

bigger impact, so maybe he likes playing the Pies, in that case bring him in next week haha!

He's definitely got ball-getting ability, his problem might be that he's too similar to all of our other onballers, loves

the contested footy, but not a lot of outside speed, and thus he failed to have a huge impact at senior level with

his 'preferred game' as he was played out of position as a half forward.

Watching the replay, Jayden Hunt is exciting. He is properly fast. He doesn't get a heap of it, but he is playing as goalkicking forward and also hasn't played a heap of footy. But what he does do is very exciting. He's actually deceptively strong overhead and bigger than I remember. He has the sort of forward game that could work at AFL level if it all comes together. What he's done really well over the last month is that he is able to turn his opponent around higher up the ground and then just beat him back to the goalsquare with raw pace. This means that he's getting 'easy' goals. They are even starting to recognise his pace and just kicking it over his head a la Matt White.

He's a long way from the finished product, but has some tools that you just can't teach.

• Like 1

Surely McKenzie has earned a call-up based on his numbers from the last month or two? I know people have already written him off (coaches included) but he's done everything asked of him. Once again this is a chance for Roos & Co. to stand by their word and reward the players who are breaking down the door to get into the senior side.

Surely McKenzie has earned a call-up based on his numbers from the last month or two? I know people have already written him off (coaches included) but he's done everything asked of him. Once again this is a chance for Roos & Co. to stand by their word and reward the players who are breaking down the door to get into the senior side.

You know you are down [censored] creek when McKenzie is pushing for senior selection...

Stats are one thing, but his impact on the actual game didnt scream out '40 possessions' to the naked eye.

Fair enough but fort a teenage in his first year to get 40 touches at VFL level shows that he gets to a lot of contests and has no problem winning the ball

Its a great effort, whether he had a big impact or not

Edited by hogans_heroes

You know you are down [censored] creek when McKenzie is pushing for senior selection...

Have a look at those stats! That is the most complete game he's ever played. HE racked up disposals, he hurt the opposition with them, he had multiple rebound 50's and forward 50 entries. He even took 6 marks, the second most for the side. HE has well and truly earned a chance to show that he's improved at AFL level. The question is whether Roos is going to follow through on his oft-repeated claims that he'll promote players who force their way in or whether he's already put a line through Jordie's name and won't bother playing him no matter what he does at VFL level.