Mark Robinson

picket fence

It pains me to say it but Mark Robinson's appraisal as to where we are at, in todays HUN rings alarmingly true!

Year after year, decade after decade, same best intentions, same ol demon result!

Except for some fleeting almost there moments "1987" for example!

Not sure what the "Fix" is but after being witness to the 64 Grand Final as a little tacker ( which I don't remember ) sheeit I reckon we are "Light Years" away from ultimate dream of a premiership

It has been 51 years !!

Just think about it over half a lifetime!!

Norm Smith Curse, Bad luck, Bad recruiting, or just plain Bad?!!

It is a hard road travelled being a DEE fan!

Harder than it should be!

• Like 3

In his 30 years on the job at the Herald Sun you'd have never known Mike Sheahan was a Melbourne supporter.

Yet, thanks to his bias and pathetic articles, everyone knows Mark Robinson is an Essendon supporter.

The difference between a fantastic balanced footy journo and the fat sack of [censored] that inherited his throne.

• Like 16

I agree that the mfc hasn't stood for much in the past 51 years but I wouldn't take to heart too much of what the media experts have to say. Aren't these the same clowns who predicted STK wouldn't win a match all year?

I agree that the mfc hasn't stood for much in the past 51 years but I wouldn't take to heart too much of what the media experts have to say. Aren't these the same clowns who predicted STK wouldn't win a match all year?

I agree with you there UH.

But today I heard part of a Roos interview where he said 'the ladder doesn't lie'.

So I suspect our coaches would agree with Robbo's comments.

Robbo said he will take Roos to task on 360 tonight.

He is such a soft 'journo' I doubt we will get much from Roos.

But today I heard part of a Roos interview where he said 'the ladder doesn't lie'.

FMD! Roos may not turn up. Imagine the terrible anticipation and quivering fear from the thought of being flo gged by an illiterate wielding a lettuce leaf

• Like 6

Haha I look forward to 360 tonight then.

I just think the media beat up nothing stories.

I like the lethal quote - it's never as good or as bad as it seems.

I agree with the anger about losing a game we should have won but we've also won a couple games we shouldn't have.

There are no easy answers but I believe under roos and Jackson we can develop a winning culture... It may not happen overnight like we all want thoigh

I agree with Robbo and not ao much the first post.

I watched the last qtr back today, and we could well have won by 5 goals and everyone self included would of been saying how good a game it was, how gutsy viney and jones were..

But we didn't we missed gettable shots.,Viney on the Run Garlett's Snap from 40.. Tom Mcdonalds poster and his other poultry 2 set shots that were 4 metres either side the goals.,

We dominated that last qtr.

Looking back at the stats.. Dawes should be held accountable.. He kicked 0.3. (I know he dishes one off) but should of been at least 2.1 He also refused to have a crack from 50 in the 3rd..

I'm hoping Petracca & Trengove come back bext year and we jag another one in the draft withas it stands atm probabaly pick 4!!

• Like 1

Stats wise he is right but there's more to this game than just stats.

We've beaten good sides in Bulldogs, Richmond and Geelong and we are not a bottom side anymore,you just have to watch us play to see we are more middle tier that's getting its act together.

We've had some rotten luck with Petracca ,and other injuries to Frost Kent Trengove etc.., and guys like Daniher and Cloke decide to put their kicking boots on when they played us.

We should have had at least another two more wins to this stage and a fool can see we are a lot more competitive.

The stats are also false in that every other team has also improved bar the couple at the bottom.

It's also a mental thing with the opposition where if they play us they still think of us as what we were in the past, very beatable, and they have belief they will beat us going into the contest.

We need a run of wins to start to build a reputation, and it will come.

To say the next two weeks are extremely important in our development is an understatement.

• Like 4

I agree with Robbo, after all the hype and crap, we are still exactly the same as we were last year.

Same wins, same loses, same percentage, same beat a decent team of two, lose to the teams around us.

We are a nothing club, going no where slowly.

Yes we could have won, we did the normal Melbourne thing and didn't.

• Like 6

Stats wise he is right but there's more to this game than just stats.

We've beaten good sides in Bulldogs, Richmond and Geelong and we are not a bottom side anymore,you just have to watch us play to see we are more middle tier that's getting its act together.

We've had some rotten luck with Petracca ,and other injuries to Frost Kent Trengove etc.., and guys like Daniher and Cloke decide to put their kicking boots on when they played us.

We should have had at least another two more wins to this stage and a fool can see we are a lot more competitive.

The stats are also false in that every other team has also improved bar the couple at the bottom.

It's also a mental thing with the opposition where if they play us they still think of us as what we were in the past, very beatable, and they have belief they will beat us going into the contest.

We need a run of wins to start to build a reputation, and it will come.

To say the next two weeks are extremely important in our development is an understatement.

Add to that DeeZee that AFL games wise - we are still a young side which is going to have lapses on field and inconsistent results.

We just need to get games in to our kids - if Brayshaw, Petracca, Kent, Frost, Viney, Toump etc play 60 -80 games each then we may be a decent side.... Scully is a prime example of how a talented kid got better with experience.... He's now playing good footy and has played 100 games.

We didn't have the free handout GC or GWS got with unlimited talent, which makes us feel worse.

I think it was Bomber Thompson who said - you play your game style, you play it for 80 mins build it to 100 etc... We have a young list which have played 18 months under Roos. I dont' buy the hype just yet

But in saying all that the next few weeks (and remaining games) we have winnable games - it will be a big test for they boys - Geez I hope we can snare a few

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 2

I agree with Robbo, after all the hype and crap, we are still exactly the same as we were last year.

Same wins, same loses, same percentage, same beat a decent team of two, lose to the teams around us.

We are a nothing club, going no where slowly.

Yes we could have won, we did the normal Melbourne thing and didn't.

Spot on Gorgorth

If "should have" won flags we would have 20 by now.

• Like 4

The improvement can be questioned, but my god what a dog's breakfast of an article. You could tell me a 12 year old wrote it and I wouldn't blink. No cohesion whatsoever. Just a bunch of stats and stating the obvious with the odd metaphor randomly thrown in to sound clever.

• Like 1

We can shoot the messenger,

But again we are 4W/10L and 4th bottom.

Sure we may win a few more games but so will other teams.

So, again we will end the season in the be bottom 4.

Robbo simply wrote what everyone on DL has been saying,

He may have even copied DL!

Yes, we can shoot the messenger,

But lets get our heads out of the sand!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

You been on the funny stuff again pickett?

It is against the rules to mention slobbo in anything but a critical, insulting or pejorative manner.

You should be banned!

He used to drink at my local. F6CKTARD. Always seems half pisharted to me.

In his 30 years on the job at the Herald Sun you'd have never known Mike Sheahan was a Melbourne supporter.

Yet, thanks to his bias and pathetic articles, everyone knows Mark Robinson is an Essendon supporter.

The difference between a fantastic balanced footy journo and the fat sack of [censored] that inherited his throne.

More then that, Mike Sheahan is a MFC member. I recall travelling into an AGM with him on the tram (in the Gutnick era)!

In all seriousness, one of the worst journalists I have ever read

In this case that does not him make incorrect.

Tell me where in his article he is incorrect?

Edited by old dee

More then that, Mike Sheahan is a MFC member. I recall travelling into an AGM with him on the tram (in the Gutnick era)!

The guy is a journalist do you want him to write crap about the MFc that no one would believe just so we supporters feel better.

IMO he tells it the way it is if we don,t like the truth well tough.

• Like 1

You been on the funny stuff again pickett?

It is against the rules to mention slobbo in anything but a critical, insulting or pejorative manner.

You should be banned!

He used to drink at my local. F6CKTARD. Always seems half pisharted to me.

Samael are you talking about Picket or Slobbo?

It pains me to say it but Mark Robinson's appraisal as to where we are at, in todays HUN rings alarmingly true!

Year after year, decade after decade, same best intentions, same ol demon result!

Except for some fleeting almost there moments "1987" for example!

Not sure what the "Fix" is but after being witness to the 64 Grand Final as a little tacker ( which I don't remember ) sheeit I reckon we are "Light Years" away from ultimate dream of a premiership

It has been 51 years !!

Just think about it over half a lifetime!!

Norm Smith Curse, Bad luck, Bad recruiting, or just plain Bad?!!

It is a hard road travelled being a DEE fan!

Harder than it should be!

Earth shattering news by Robbo. Must have searched the 4 corners to get a scoop on what we never could never have know from being footy fans during the last 50+ years. FMD.....

He is also the most inarticulate journalist I've ever heard. The HUN is a joke, but it's incredible that he is their Chief Football Writer. He's an embarrassment on AFL 360. GW holds that show together. He's not as good as he used to be, but he's a King in comparison to that idiot.

And he's wrong.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 2