AFL Round 13 - they're all non MFC Games

glad we didn't get malceski - 4 disposals in 3 quarters

Worst recruit of the year, by the length of the Flemington Straight.

Not sure why - maybe not having the Swans team around him has exposed his weaknesses, or maybe he just doesn't care up on the Gold Coast anymore.

• Like 2

so, a broadcaster includes print media?

anyway, i was questioning the term "independent"

You are nit-picking about separating broadcast vs print as that somehow demolishes my point. Especially as the distinction between the two is vanishing.

Anyway I was addressing the term 'independent' and pointing out that there is little independence in Murdoch's media. Murdoch's non-print media was no different on the Iraq war than his uniform print media. But the uniformity in his print media is more glaring since there are so many so-called independent ones.

Anyway back to the footy - The Suns will recover once they get their injury list down I think.

Edited by sue

You are nit-picking about separating broadcast vs print as that somehow demolishes my point. Especially as the distinction between the two is vanishing.

Anyway I was addressing the term 'independent' and pointing out that there is little independence in Murdoch's media. Murdoch's non-print media was no different on the Iraq war than his uniform print media. But the uniformity in his print media is more glaring since there are so many so-called independent ones.

Anyway back to the footy - The Suns will recover once they get their injury list down I think.

well i never brought up murdoch or any other specific media entity

and....i never claimed any were "independent" or balanced

and....i'm still at a loss to understand what the op meant by "independent" and why it was relevant

i hope he wasn't implying that if you weren't privately owned that you were somehow unbiased and completely balanced

anyway, yes, the suns currently make good witches hats despite carlton's incompetence

no doubt getting half a doz good players back should help, but the current drug saga wouldn't be helping either

Both these teams are hot garbage, Suns moreso.

Malceski clearly went to Gold Coast for the wrong reasons. Hard to believe they gave him 3 years at $500k.

not as bad as k hunt at a mill per year, but

it's only our money, not theirs

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 2

How about that - I hate the Blues again!

Lovely fans who take the time out of celebrating to boo the last kick of the game, and bronx it when it hit the post.

Why would you stop hating them?

• Like 4

Both these teams are hot garbage, Suns moreso.

Malceski clearly went to Gold Coast for the wrong reasons. Hard to believe they gave him 3 years at $500k.

Cant remember....was that trade done before Eade arrived?? Either way it's not working.

The press reports that the AFL is investigating Mitchell's offensive gesture to Ess players?

Shouldn't the AFL/MRP investigate Goodes' equally offensive squeeze on Hunt?

The Stevie J swing on McVeigh was looked at by the MRP (no action taken).

Goodes' incident of similar intention but looked even more deliberate.

Caught red handed, you might say.

Should be looked at by AFL/MRP, IMO

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

The press reports that the AFL is investigating Mitchell's offensive gesture to Ess players?

The Stevie J swing on McVeigh was looked at by the MRP (no action taken).

Goodes' incident of similar intention but looked even more deliberate.

Caught red handed, you might say.

Should be looked at by AFL/MRP, IMO

If you have seen the footage and not the still photo of adam goodes then you would realise how silly this is

If you have seen the footage and not the still photo of adam goodes then you would realise how silly this is

Everyone has their own view which is fine.

Kevin Bartlett and Patrick Smith just said on radio the AFL should look at it so it may not be so silly.

They are usually neutral and have well reasoned views on general footy matters.

The point was if offensive behaviour happens on field it is appropriate the AFL be consistent.

There are other recent examples eg alleged sledging of Mitch Clark, the Dusty cross-arm prison gesture etc. etc.

Whether there is any action or penalty is an entirely different issue.

I didn't suggest that any penalty should apply.

Consistency was the point of the post.

Has it been stated anywhere that the MRP won't look at the Goodes/Hunt incident? I imagine that given the amount of media coverage, they will look at the footage and then decide what action, if any, to take. However, I'm not sure that your comment comparing it to the Mitchell gesture is valid. Mitchell's was a mimed sledge while Goodes' was a supposed tackle (excuse the pun) action in the course of play. I think Mitchell's actions shouldn't be looked at at all... it was a sledge and nothing more.

Gotta Love "The Huns" Superladder spread on Hawthorns win today

"The Hawks injected themselves into the top four " etc

LOL another "Jab" ?? or just a play on words.

Loving it, Mitchell now my favourite Hawks player!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1