Changes vs Eagles

bandicoot

Does anyone else have the feeling we might come crashing down to earth next week with a big thud?

I usually try to not look on the pessimistic side of things, but when I last looked at the ladder, WCE were several spots above us. If we win this it will be time to buy our finals tickets for 2016.

• Like 2

I usually try to not look on the pessimistic side of things, but when I last looked at the ladder, WCE were several spots above us. If we win this it will be time to buy our finals tickets for 2016.

WC are 2nd on the ladder as they have played only 3 of current top 8 sides (lost 2 of the 3).

That is the typical 'flat track bully' win/loss profile.

So, WC yet to be truly tested against 'top' sides.

They might fall into 4th spot but doubt they will be top 2 after rnd 22.

We can give them a run for their money if we play as we did vs Geelong :cool:

• Like 3

Does anyone else have the feeling we might come crashing down to earth next week with a big thud?

We just outplayed Geelong in Mordor and won by 4 goals...

For me to thud, WCE would have to not let us score, abduct Hogan during the match and play him during the second half, all while Ramsay Bolton kicks 10 from a half back flank...

• Like 3

We just outplayed Geelong in Mordor and won by 4 goals...

For me to thud, WCE would have to not let us score, abduct Hogan during the match and play him during the second half, all while Ramsay Bolton kicks 10 from a half back flank...

A 60 point loss will have the 'Priority Pick 2015' thread at the top of the board on Sunday.

• Like 3

I think the only potential outs from such an impressive win, where pretty much everyone played their part, would be Bail/the Toump and/or Pig Dog. Probably keep pig dog for his scrapping ability around stoppages to cover in case we lose a mid early. Grimes in for Bail if he was fit. Keep a winning team's changes to the bare minimum is my motto. They will take more confidence from seeing the same heads/bodies around them than seeing 2, 3 or more new faces every other week.

As for the match ups/team balance thing I'll leave that to the experts who are getting paid good coin and know more about this side of the game on their small toenail than me.

Only a pessimist.....and why would any Demon fan be a pessimist.

I wouldn't be adversed to giving him another rest week, but totally happy either way.

. adversed ?????? Are you kidding me ? I agree with what you're trying to say Adam but I wouldn't be averse to you not writing adversed.
  • Like 2

So you are not thinking of bringing Hogan back in?

Ah yes! That's an "auto" in if fully fit and in form CBD! (part of that form would include solid pressure i50 when he doesn't have it! He will learn this part i'm sure).

What happens when you get old! Another reason i'm happy to leave these things to the experts

Edited by Rusty Nails

If our mid field is on i would say we will be in it up to our necks Kali. It's a matter of how well we close them down on the spread and go the other way quickly ourselves when we get the ball back.

When our mid field is on we will be competitive with most from now on, then it's just a matter of how the rest of the crew perform around that mid field set up/structure. If the rest hold up their part of the deal, particularly our forward line, we can beat just about anyone except the top 4 i would think. And before anyone jumps on me, yes i realise WC are in there but personally i don't think WC are genuine top 4 material but i could be proven wrong here. They are an amazing pressure team inside 50 (ranked No.1 here) but let's see how they fare as the 2nd half progresses.

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1

I'm confused. I'm certain Dawes won't be dropped. I'm certain Hogan will be included. I'm very confident Garland will be included. I'm almost as confident that the Footy Dept will want to reward the Gawn/Spencer combo with a place against West Coast. But everything I know about footy tells me that if all of these things happen we'll be too tall. Add the Darwin factor and we're definitely too tall. Most interesting selection of the year.

• Like 10

I'm confused. I'm certain Dawes won't be dropped. I'm certain Hogan will be included. I'm very confident Garland will be included. I'm almost as confident that the Footy Dept will want to reward the Gawn/Spencer combo with a place against West Coast. But everything I know about footy tells me that if all of these things happen we'll be too tall. Add the Darwin factor and we're definitely too tall. Most interesting selection of the year.

Lets pick the most accountable team possible..players who do the 1 percenters..lets play to our strengths, playing tall worked against geelong..lets try it again.

Roos really rates Garland, as per his mid year review and thus will come in if fit. Hogan is a no brainer.

I think Spencer may be the unlucky one, along with Bail.

Nice problem to have - competition for spots.

Spencer can beat Natinui with his attack on the ball..we need to double team Natinui so for me spencer and gawn stay put..
  • Like 1

Spencer can beat Natinui with his attack on the ball..we need to double team Natinui so for me spencer and gawn stay put..

unless they try the third man up tactic. Must admit it would be a big call to break up a winning combo in Gawn and Spence but we also will need plenty of run to counter the Eagles midfield that arguably is the second best in the comp to Freo..

Priddis, Gaffe, Shuey, Selwood, Masten, Shepherd etc will take some shutting down.

unless they try the third man up tactic. Must admit it would be a big call to break up a winning combo in Gawn and Spence but we also will need plenty of run to counter the Eagles midfield that arguably is the second best in the comp to Freo..

Priddis, Gaffe, Shuey, Selwood, Masten, Shepherd etc will take some shutting down.

lets say we bring the same intensity as we did against geelong and they come back from the bye flat and n out of touch, we just need to make minimal changes try to limit their strenghts being ruck and forward line and try to exploit their weekness' being their backline. Its a simple game lets keep it simple like we did last week.

It's the first time for years that the selectors are really going to have to consider their options and make some difficult decisions.

Will be very interested to see which way they go.

And if the result is bad it will be on Oauls head, because if we can beat geelong down there we can definately beat West coast or any team for that matter at TIO...

. adversed ?????? Are you kidding me ? I agree with what you're trying to say Adam but I wouldn't be averse to you not writing adversed.

Haha, touche. Correction. *aversed. :P

Haha, touche. Correction. *aversed. :P

Adversed; Momentum that existed in a direction away from that which was desired (like last year's game plan). You may still not be aversed but as far as I understand that condition would only be correct after the fact of Hogan not being selected and probably remains malappropriate with regard your intended meaning. Averse to. Sincere apologies for the pedantry.

Edited by Skuit

Lets pick the most accountable team possible..players who do the 1 percenters..lets play to our strengths, playing tall worked against geelong..lets try it again.

...but if we play Hogan we are adding an extra tall to the mix and that's not how we beat Geelong.

• Like 1

He is paid that because at the time we had no forwards and had to pay overs to get one.

I imagine his next contract will be a lot lower than that so we can spend more money on guys like Hogan and Brayshaw.

I think people need to get over what Dawes was signed on.

He is paid that because at the time we had no forwards and had to pay overs to get one.

I imagine his next contract will be a lot lower than that so we can spend more money on guys like Hogan and Brayshaw.

I think people need to get over what Dawes was signed on.

Next contract? Will he get one?