MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - Round 10

Demonland

Never has in the past WAC

Plays well at Casey then ordinary at AFL level.

I pray you are correct because he is the only addition this week that could impact the sides performance over last week.

But he's always playing that dual role old dee.

Happy to stand corrected but I don't think he's ever gone in as our only ruckman.

I've got an inkling he might be a bit like Stef Martin in this regard - was no good playing second fiddle but throw him in the deep end and he responds.

• Like 1

But he's always playing that dual role old dee.

Happy to stand corrected but I don't think he's ever gone in as our only ruckman.

I've got an inkling he might be a bit like Stef Martin in this regard - was no good playing second fiddle but throw him in the deep end and he responds.

I hope you are correct in that he fires up.

I can remember him playing as our sole ruckman a few years back when Jamar was injured and did not show a lot.

But that is a couple years ago and a couple of knee recos ago.

Lets hope Monday is a breakout game

• Like 2

Coll have 5 wins against the current bottom 6 with Melb being the other team plus win against Ess 10th

Coll have played 2 team in current top 8 and have lost twice. with the other loss being Gee 12th

Melb have played 1 team in current bottom 6 beating GCS 17th

Melb have played 6 of current top 8 winning 1 game. WB 9th the other win.

Therefore Coll have had dream draw compared to Melb and have beaten nobody.

Melb by 1 or 100 points

• Like 7

Coll have 5 wins against the current bottom 6 with Melb being the other team plus win against Ess 10th

Coll have played 2 team in current top 8 and have lost twice. with the other loss being Gee 12th

Melb have played 1 team in current bottom 6 beating GCS 17th

Melb have played 6 of current top 8 winning 1 game. WB 9th the other win.

Therefore Coll have had dream draw compared to Melb and have beaten nobody.

Melb by 1 or 100 points

If only it was that simple!

• Like 1

I hope you are correct in that he fires up.

I can remember him playing as our sole ruckman a few years back when Jamar was injured and did not show a lot.

But that is a couple years ago and a couple of knee recos ago.

Lets hope Monday is a breakout game

Gawn can't mark.

• Like 1

I personally think the pies are not that good. Their renowned midfield depth is gone. Swan, Pendles and sidebottom remain and could be the difference but they fall away after that. Pendles is carrying an injury.

their defence isnt great, ruck is OK, and forward line OK again with elliot the X factor. They have 8 players injured (/suspended) that are either first 18 or on the fringes

I am not saying we are better but I think we are fairly evenly matched. We just have to bring the attitude and hunger and play as a team. The pies play much better team/pressure football

Rd 1 - win Lions

Rd 3 - win Saints

Rd 4 - win Bombers

Rd 5 - win Carlton

Rd 8 - win Suns

Rd 9 - win North

Rd 2 - loss Crows

Rd 6 - loss Geelong

Rd 7 - loss Richmond

They are very beatable. Again we don't come to play each week, we have the luxury of some of our players only trying in certain games they believe that they're a chance and this is one of them. If we match their intensity they're ours.

• Like 1

No idea Because most side are linked to a AFL side I think it is shortly before game time.

But as I said low idea.

Training tomorrow for AFL. Should be apparent by then

I suspect that Michie, Spencer and Jones will be the emergencies with Grimes the sub. Good that Tyson is having to prove fitness before he returns as he has lacked impact all year even when he has racked up some numbers. I thought Spencer was worth persevering with for his follow up work at the contest but he doesn't really provide taps to advantage or an around the ground presence. Gawn is capable if his endurance and ethic have improved and he uses his true height and doesn't attack contests bent over as he has previously shown. I like that we appear to have named a side with more true mids and better positional flexibility.

Edited by big_red_fire_engine

Will be disappointed if Spencer is dropped. His ruck work has been good and gets the ball around the ground. Works harder than Gawn.

Gawn is a clown and it's hard to judge how he'll play.

• Like 1

Will be disappointed if Spencer is dropped. His ruck work has been good and gets the ball around the ground. Works harder than Gawn.

Gawn is a clown and it's hard to judge how he'll play.

I'm not sure either are up to it 'praha' but now's the time to find out.

Gawn has hit a bit of form so lets see if that translated to the AFL if not we will be looking a new ruck division next year.

• Like 1

Pretty rough on the guys playing at casey if they don't find out theyre playing until day of, don't know how thats supposed to help their preparation.

Pretty sure the players know the teams before hand in most cases mate.

Obviously fitness tests, match ups etc. might change things but the players will know what is going on.

Surprised we're playing Fitzy again, but I suppose the Pies do play two ruckmen.

McDonald > Cloke

Dunn > White

Fitzy > Grundy/Witts

I remember Garland did a great job on Cloke in 2013 (?), gives us good flexibility because he, Dunn and McDonald can all get good numbers playing loose.

Not expecting much, just hoping for a good match.

I have given up commenting on the ins and outs and who plays where. No matter what combination we put on the park, they are all capable of playing like crap and usually do especially on a big occasion. A regulation 8 to 10 goal loss would be a par result for us on Monday.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

Rd 1 - win Lions

Rd 3 - win Saints

Rd 4 - win Bombers

Rd 5 - win Carlton

Rd 8 - win Suns

Rd 9 - win North

Rd 2 - loss Crows

Rd 6 - loss Geelong

Rd 7 - loss Richmond

They are very beatable. Again we don't come to play each week, we have the luxury of some of our players only trying in certain games they believe that they're a chance and this is one of them. If we match their intensity they're ours.

I don't understand the logic above - Collingwood beat up bottom 8 teams like us and get found out by talented sides - that doesn't auger well for the weekend.

I don't understand the logic above - Collingwood beat up bottom 8 teams like us and get found out by talented sides - that doesn't auger well for the weekend.

But I do agree we pick and choose when to fire up and they are not that good, so I hope you're right - Ess, Carlt and Coll scalps would be nice

So when does the casey side get finalised?

We will know at 2.00am Saturday when the Casey team runs out! At that time we will know the final Melbourne side!

Pretty rough on the guys playing at casey if they don't find out theyre playing until day of, don't know how thats supposed to help their preparation.

Do you really think that the guys don't know until the team list are released if they are playing or not?