Changes v Port Adelaide

gOLLy

IS THAT AN F-BOMB?

This weeks injury report:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2015-05-27/rd-9-injury-report

I have noticed a couple of videos this year which haven't been edited properly - I think Burgo releases the F-bomb in this one...

Tyson and Dawes (probably available)

Jetta and Viney (given the all clear)

Yeah, definitely an F-Bomb from a stray footy kicked at them. They took the video down pretty quick.

IS THAT AN F-BOMB?

This weeks injury report:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2015-05-27/rd-9-injury-report

I have noticed a couple of videos this year which haven't been edited properly - I think Burgo releases the F-bomb in this one...

Tyson and Dawes (probably available)

Jetta and Viney (given the all clear)

Great news, 3 of our best players ready to return. Dawes can earn his spot in the VFL.

Also the link is dead, so I think you were right about the F bomb.. must have taken it down to edit it

OUT:

M.Jones - did well, but given the concussion combined with the 6 day break and flight, he won't play

Bail - can't believe people are trying to say he had a good game, he may done part of his job defensively, but you need more than 5 disposals, 3 tackles, missed his only chance on goal, which was crucial

Newton or Riley - either would be a bit stiff, but one will need to make way if all of Jetta, Viney and Tyson are fit

IN:

Jetta

Viney

Tyson

Crucial for him? Crucial for you? Crucial for the end result?

Me I would leave Tyson out, let him get a bit of touch at Casey for a week

• Like 2

That means he gets another week off this week as there is no Casey game this weekend.

An extra weeks rest with a knee injury seems a good idea to me.

• Like 3

Great news, 3 of our best players ready to return. Dawes can earn his spot in the VFL.

Also the link is dead, so I think you were right about the F bomb.. must have taken it down to edit it

Agreed

IN: Jetta, Viney, Tyson (if 95-100%)

Dawes can wait

Probably just me but I thought Newton was in our worst three or four on Sunday.

No one suggesting he could be replaced.

If I was picking the team ( yes I agree thank god I am not ) the two I would drop would M Jones and Newton.

• Like 1

Agreed

IN: Jetta, Viney, Tyson (if 95-100%)

Dawes can wait

yes, sounds like all 3 will play

IN - Jetta, Viney, Tyson

Out - M.Jones, Bail, Newton

B - N.Jetta - L.Dunn - J.Fitzpatrick

HB - J.Grimes - T.McDonald - C.Garland

C - B.Vince - A.Vandenberg - H.Lumumba

HF - J.Watts - C.Pedersen - D.Tyson

F - J.Garlett - J.Hogan - J,Howe

R - J.Spencer - N.Jones - J.,Viney

Bench - J,Toumpas - D.Cross - A.Brayshaw

Sub - A.Riley

• Like 1

Oh TDI.

What's going to happen to you when these players you keep backing are going to be gone at years end?

The ones who had such outstanding pre-seasons.

Are you not wanting to see this club win a flag one day?

Or do you prefer watching the agonising incremental improvement of certain individuals, hoping that they continue to earn contract extensions?

What are your views on list development and player upgrades. Bringing someone in and moving another out?

Do you have any views on them at all?

I'm interested.

• Like 1

Probably just me but I thought Newton was in our worst three or four on Sunday.

No one suggesting he could be replaced.

If I was picking the team ( yes I agree thank god I am not ) the two I would drop would M Jones and Newton.

There were a few earlier, but the point was raised he might be handy against his old side. Plus he was just back after being dropped so we don't want to yo-yo him and he finds a way to score most weeks.

If Viney is right to resume midfield duties then Newton is probably one I'd prefer at half forward/midfield rotation than either of Jones or Bail and probably a not right Tyson. I wasn't at the game on Sunday and I find you can see work rate much better live than on TV so it's hard to judge if Newton contributed to that or if guys like Matt Jones and Bail really did do a power of running to contribute defensively.

well i must be the only one who thought murphy had a reasonable game and confirmed it watching the replay.

he got 19 possessions as a defender and broke the lines a number of times

no way jones beat him

Not far off half those possessions came after Jones went off. Murphy had something like 11 till 3/4 time - which given his usual output, is definitely a win to Jones.

Shame people can't give credit where it's due.

• Like 2

Not far off half those possessions came after Jones went off. Murphy had something like 11 till 3/4 time - which given his usual output, is definitely a win to Jones.

Well done binga.

I think there is a little too much credit given around here for our players when their opponent doesn't play well. It's not always a cause and effect thing, sometimes the other side has players who have a bad day. When our players have a stinker we never praise the opposition for the job they did. We just blame our player for stinking it up. Just sayin.

• Like 1

IN: Viney, Tyson, Jetta

OUT: Bail. M.Jones, Fitzpatrick (Harsh, but don't seen the need for an extra tall against Port)

You are either incredibly clever and have inside information re: Port's side, or you are just brainless - Ryder, Westhoff, Schulz and mid-size Monfries makes Port's forward line one of the biggest in the league.

You are either incredibly clever and have inside information re: Port's side, or you are just brainless - Ryder, Westhoff, Schulz and mid-size Monfries makes Port's forward line one of the biggest in the league.

Not like Westhoff (plays back) or Ryder (ruckmen) are permanent forwards. So calm down a little -- we have a taller forward line even.

i'll give credit that he kept murphy to a reasonable game but not that he beat him

no shame in that

• Like 1

Think you might be taking the P155 'TDI'...

Port are his bunnies

Westhoff runs too far up the ground - we want TMac closer to goal I would think. Maybe FItzy can run with him?

Hoff is an aerobic machine like Tommy Mc...that should be the match up I think.

We are coming off a good confidence building team win. In an ideal world you'd like to go unchanged into the next round. However, if Viney and Jetta are fully fit they are logical and team strengthening inclusions. Bail and M Jones would be the likely losers.

I do have concerns over Jetta's situation though.

• Like 5

We are coming off a good confidence building team win. In an ideal world you'd like to go unchanged into the next round. However, if Viney and Jetta are fully fit they are logical and team strengthening inclusions. Bail and M Jones would be the likely losers.

I do have concerns over Jetta's situation though.

Jetta would want to come in. It's indigenous round.

I don't. The team that won should stay unchanged unless jones is injured.

I tend to agree. Unless matchups/injuries dictate it I would keep the team unchanged.

We made several changes after the Tigers match from memory and I thought at the time it was odd because 1) Roos doesn't generally make more than 1 or 2 changes and usually none unless forced and 2) The team had played well so you wouldn't want to mess with a working line up and ensure the players knew if they played well they'll retain their spot.

Matt Jones will probably be out with concussion so I would probably bring in Viney for him or maybe Jetta to play on Wingard. Tyson can have another weeks rest to get him right for the following week.

A lot of talk about players being fatigued. Looking spent when they come off and go to the bench.

That's what I want to see more of. If they are spent they have definitely had a crack.

Not like in the past when coming off they couldn't blow out a candle.

• Like 2

Tyson is always VERY good against Port. Bring him in.

He was last year. But im not as confident as you.

How's his two way running? - I think he can improve his two way running.

How's his kicking efficiency? - I don't know why he can't kick well, he seems to be able to kick every shot on the run from 50m no problems.

How's his knee? I dont think one week enough time to heal a MCL strain. The same that Brian lake came back from after 4 weeks out and re-injured straight away when contact was made (given it was likely more severe) - think about the way he tries to stand up in tackles with players trying to push/pull him down.. in my mind that's going to place a lot of stress, hence strain on the ligament again. With that in mind I don't want to carry any players who are not 100% (if we lose the game and he wasn't brought in then it gives us more motive to bring him in next week [plus id be a little more confident in his knee], but if we bring him in and lose..).

Excited to see what Melbourne do anyway!

• Like 1