• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Delistings/trades at end of the season

He has shown that he can be lazy.

Just as Watts has.

They've both also shown that they have an ability to not be lazy. I'd argue that Yarran over his career has shown more of an appetite to chase and tackle than Watts. But that's not the point.

Your outlandish comments are absurd.

One week you say how putrid we are. The next you say we'll be a team of superstars next year.

It's the same when you make ultimatums about players. Yarran is not a lazy footballer. He is simply not playing at the required level at the moment.

Yarran is a very lazy footballer

if he cant be salvaged like Watts has hes, hes not worth recruiting

Also Im prepared to cop the hate on this one

But I don't reckon Jack Grimes is up to it - would trade/delist

Again just my opinion. And in reality I'd keep him on the list for his experience and leadership until the young brigade take over.

I hope he plays in the seniors for the rest of the year and proves me wrong, but his disposal is iffy and he is too slow and just gives up the ball. Take the tackle and get pinged don't just cough up the pill fffs

Anyway as I said my 2 cents

Well, he certainly did that. Was pinged on about 3 or 4 occasions against Collingwood.

I though he had a good game yesterday UH. Made a few usual clangers, but did far more than I expected. He's a keeper for mine. Kicking needs work definitely.

You might want to watch the replay, mate. My sister and I just finished watching it. We thought he was hopeless live. On the replay, it was confirmed. I counted four effective things he did in the entire match. Most of his disposals put team mates under pressure or simply went backwards, with nothing gained. He'll keep getting games I think, because he didn't get dropped after the St Kilda game. He was even worse this week, but until Salem is available, he'll get games.

Howe on the other hand played just about the best game I can recall him playing. He was dominant in the air and really set the tone early.

What's the story with Gawn anyone? Have the MFC offered him a contract and he's refusing to sign?

Anyone with info would be appreciated!

I'm told he's on peanuts, and rightly so, as he's never been on the park a full season and until now hasn't grabbed that #1 ruck spot. Apparently, he wants a little more, but will sign with the MFC.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 4

I'm told he's on peanuts, and rightly so, as he's never been on the park a full season and until now hasn't grabbed that #1 ruck spot. Apparently, he wants a little more, but will sign with the MFC.

Well he deserves more now he's earned it. Relieved that you think he'll sign with the dees. Have a reliable source??

• Like 1

Well he deserves more now he's earned it. Relieved that you think he'll sign with the dees. Have a reliable source??

Reliable enough, I think. I actually have a couple of connections to him.

• Like 2

What's the story with Gawn anyone? Have the MFC offered him a contract and he's refusing to sign?

Anyone with info would be appreciated!

Have heard the club is currently in negotiations with Gawn and Garland, both of whom are required players.

Apparently Howe, or Howe's manager, is being pretty difficult and there's not much dialogue between the club and Howe as a result.

Yarran is a proven talent, an elite kick, elite speed and is simply playing in a side who are going through a rough patch and is clearly not responding in a way you'd like as coach.

I would say Yarran has elite speed 'steve', that's it for the elite category for me.

He's an inconsistent talent, a bit hit or miss in the kicking dept. probably more to do with a lack of intensity and being a bit lazy and he has absolutely no idea when the ball is in the air.

Well, he certainly did that. Was pinged on about 3 or 4 occasions against Collingwood.

You might want to watch the replay, mate. My sister and I just finished watching it. We thought he was hopeless live. On the replay, it was confirmed. I counted four effective things he did in the entire match. Most of his disposals put team mates under pressure or simply went backwards, with nothing gained. He'll keep getting games I think, because he didn't get dropped after the St Kilda game. He was even worse this week, but until Salem is available, he'll get games.

Howe on the other hand played just about the best game I can recall him playing. He was dominant in the air and really set the tone early.

No agree. I was more referring to his overall games, but points noted as I saw the same thing by the sound of it.

At crucial times when the pies were coming I thought he kept making costly mistakes.

As I said I hope he plays the remaining games and gets it right but my opinion is no he won't.

Howe in recent weeks looks more switched on and exuberant in his interactions with his teammates- wonder if that means he's made the decision to stay.

That is what I thought when Roosy moved him down back. Almost into a position that Roos sees him playing long term.

Different to Frawley last year, where Roos had him up forward for most of the year.

That is what I thought when Roosy moved him down back. Almost into a position that Roos sees him playing long term.

Different to Frawley last year, where Roos had him up forward for most of the year.

I also got that feeling.

Howe may have seen the light & commenced negotiations.

A public announcement needn't be held for that to happen.

What do people think Motlop is worth should we try and trade for him?

I'd probably look at something like our first and 2nd pick for Motlop and their first pick back.

Thoughts on that trade? The cats desperetaly need to replenish their list with 8 players over 30 on their list.

• Like 1

What do people think Motlop is worth should we try and trade for him?

I'd probably look at something like our first and 2nd pick for Motlop and their first pick back.

Thoughts on that trade? The cats desperetaly need to replenish their list with 8 players over 30 on their list.

I'd rather keep our first pick to potentially wrangle one of these young guns from up north. Motlop shouldn't be our main priority IMO, but he would be a very good addition.

• Like 1

So we are 1/3 of the way through the season. Having so many injuries might be a blessing from a long-term perspective because it gives the club an indication which of the fringe players can step up and earn their spot, or otherwise demonstrate themselves as list-cloggers.

At this stage, I would say the following players may well be delisted at season's end -

McKenzie

Terlich

M.Jones

Bail

Fitzpatrick

Players that may well be traded -

Grimes

Toumpas

Howe

Watts

Trengove (if any takers)

Thoughts?

Watts should definitely stay, would love Trenners to have another go since he was brilliant prior to his injury.

As long as we can recruit that "A+ midfielder" the Roos alluded to with the cap space we get for trading players such as Howe I'm happy. That said I do hope Howe and Garland stick around.

As for players we should target I would love Dion Prestia, grew up a dees fan and would make our midfield even more exciting (Imagine him, Brayshaw, Truck, Viney, Tyson, Stretch and Lovett (this years father son pick) running wild in 5 years time!)

I dont know of any other realistic trade options for the midfield, does anyone else have any ideas?

Just listening to sen and they said Melbourne really into Tom Lynch (24 yo)from the Crows.

He wants 3 years, they want 2.

Of course its idle talk at this stage but I wouldn't mind him as our 2nd tall forward.

He kicked 33 in 2013 then Viney broke his jaw in 2014, and he had a neck fracture later in the year.

Great replacement for Dawes!

He would have played with Goodwin (and Vince) so they may be working their connections.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 4

Just listening to sen and they said Melbourne really into Tom Lynch (24 yo)from the Crows.

He wants 3 years, they want 2.

Of course its idle talk at this stage but I wouldn't mind him as our 2nd tall forward.

He kicked 33 in 2013 then Viney broke his jaw in 2014, and he had a neck fracture later in the year.

Not many chances to play this year.

Great replacement for Dawes!

He would have played with Goodwin (and Vince) so they may be working their connections.

Was it that Tom Lynch that kicked 9 or 10 in a match?

I think there is a bit more to the way Howe played against Collingwood.

On Eddy's commentary hardly rated a mention re: like to have him, coming or going etc.

Howe played well . Backed into a few packs, took some real pressure marks. Did what he's supposed to do.

My opinion, could end up there or could start to negotiate. We'll see.

Was it that Tom Lynch that kicked 9 or 10 in a match?

10 vs GWS in 2013.

Was good friends with Watt's from their junior basketball days.

Haven't seen him this year, but statistically he's going well. 16 games, 18 disp p/g, 7 marks p/g and 22 goals.

Has a pretty good tank, plays that lead up HF role very well, and would absolutely fit in nicely to our forward structure.

Had hoped we would be into Tom Lynch of the GC variety, but this one would still be a good get.

Edit: Lynch's assist numbers are excellent. Leads the league this year. Had 3 on the weekend to go with his 3 goals in a big loss to the Swans.

Edited by ChaserJ
  • Like 5