Delistings/trades at end of the season

11 Brownlow votes and a few BOG's, he's had a down season but still yet to play 50 games.

They've had a few steals 'Chaser', Grundy was another at pick 18.

2014 will soon be a faded memory.

In AFL you are only as good as your last season

Edited by old dee

Thats true OD

Having said that his stats are very similar to last season, hes lacking impact though I do wonder how much his knee has to do with that.

'old dee', he's only just coming up to his 50th game in a couple of weeks. I think we can mark him better on his next 30 games, he has been inconsistent this year but I think we will get a lot better from him going forward.

• Like 2

Or alternatively he finds rumours on football forums and turns it into "news" because so many people are willing and desperate to believe.

He had a pretty good strike rate last year with Melbourne-related news. He was the first to tell us of Hogan's back injury, then the setback with the injury, then Mitch Clark's stunning decision to seek a trade.

He's a [censored], and his 'opinion' articles are horrendous, but I don't doubt he has good sources at Melbourne.

some of those tidbits of news came from player managers - and i'm fairly sure that hogan was discussed here first, then barrrett reported it.

barrett's opinion pieces more often than not are opinion pieces that come after the likes of caroline or smith or denham have said it / written it two or three days prior.

there's no doubt that he haunts message boards, which is a sensible thing to do when you think about it; how often is it that we see news here and then a couple of days later it's in the mainstream press?

• Like 2

If Howe is gone and I am one who thinks he is, I would like a trade of him for Tomlinson. Petracca will play the Howe forward role and we could look at more run from the backline. Tomlinson would give us a truer CHF. He might be one that is gettable with all the key forwards they have and being out with injury this year.

Agree targets for me are Tomlinson and Prestia.

Outs are Howe and Toumpas.

Prestia = Suns get MFC Pick 4

Tomlinson = Giants get Jeremy Howe

Crows pick 10 = Toumpas and MFC pick 22

Draft picks 10, 40, 58.

Ins - Prestia, Tomlinson, Harmes (rookie upgrade) and Vandenburg (rookie upgrade) 10, 40, 56, FA, Dfa.

Outs- Howe Toumpas Bail M.Jones Riley Mckenzie, Fitz Terlich Jamar (ret)

• Like 2

Agree targets for me are Tomlinson and Prestia.

Outs are Howe and Toumpas.

Prestia = Suns get MFC Pick 4

Tomlinson = Giants get Jeremy Howe

Crows pick 10 = Toumpas and MFC pick 22

Draft picks 10, 40, 58.

Ins - Prestia, Tomlinson, Harmes (rookie upgrade) and Vandenburg (rookie upgrade) 10, 40, 56, FA, Dfa.

Outs- Howe Toumpas Bail M.Jones Riley Mckenzie, Fitz Terlich Jamar (ret)

Like it.

If Howe is gone and I am one who thinks he is, I would like a trade of him for Tomlinson. Petracca will play the Howe forward role and we could look at more run from the backline. Tomlinson would give us a truer CHF. He might be one that is gettable with all the key forwards they have and being out with injury this year.

Yet again, Petracca is not a forward. He is a midfielder.

no ways are giving up their first rounder for toumpas and our second rounder. he has zero value.

Perhaps in the eyes of many supporters, but it's hard to know exactly what other clubs see in players sometimes. I think he has some trade value, but not much more than as a like for like swap or later draft pick (mid to late 30s maybe).

That's interesting Django - are you so adamant about Goodes issue not being racist?

I remember watching all the pre-season stuff before he went down and he was doing all the forward drills.

And somehow Brayshaw has spent almost the entire year as a small forward, yet he was regarded as a midfielder.

Petracca was a forward mainly until his last u18 year where he thought he could improve his prospects in the draft by moving into the midfield and that he did.

Petracca is a natural goal kicker and will end up kicking a lot more than Howe over his career if and when he gets a start.

"After being an elite underage basketballer – Petracca was a member of the AIS basketball squad at under-18 level alongside recent NBA draftee Dante Exum – he quit that sport and turned solely to footy at the start of 2013.

It's turned out to be a win for the AFL. Petracca played last year for the Eastern Ranges and kicked 41 goals off a half-forward flank, but showed a lot of promise.
He turned his attention to becoming a midfielder, improved his fitness and went for broke. It was obvious pretty quickly he was a natural fit in that role, starring through the TAC Cup season and the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships."
  • Like 3

Up until his final year of TAC he was predominantly a forward. His last year showed that he had the capacity to play in the midfield and do so very well, but right not he is not a pure midfielder. He will still spend plenty of time up forward in his first few seasons at least.

• Like 1

The are probably not going to shove Petracca or Brayshaw in their present physical capacities straight into the midfield cauldron.

• Like 1

I will eat my rather large humble pie and admit that I didn't realise he only recently started playing in the middle. Still, I don't think he can play a similar role to Howe up forward - they're very different types of players.

• Like 1

no ways are giving up their first rounder for toumpas and our second rounder. he has zero value.

he's got value, but they're not giving up they're first pick for that deal, they need guns. I don't think we'll trade Toump, at this stage.

Toump will be a project player, IMO.

• Like 1

he's got value, but they're not giving up they're first pick for that deal, they need guns. I don't think we'll trade Toump, at this stage.

Toump will be a project player, IMO.

He's become far more of a 'project' than I'd hoped. I had really high expectations for him this season and he couldn't even cement a place in the 22.

His future is far from certain, I think.

Edited by Django

I will eat my rather large humble pie and admit that I didn't realise he only recently started playing in the middle. Still, I don't think he can play a similar role to Howe up forward - they're very different types of players.

I agree with that Django. Petracca is not a high flying forward. While he is very good above his head he brings a far different set of skills to the table than Howe does.

He's become far more of a 'project' than I'd hoped. I had really high expectations for him this season and he couldn't even cement a place in the 22.

His future is far from certain, I think.

He was pitched as a player who would come straight into the best 22, having played senior sanfl successfully for several seasons.

Couldn't be further from the truth, could it? Looks hopelessly out of his depth and panics in possession.