The Incredible Hulk - Jesse Hogan

McQueen

I'd suggest the opposite of what the moaning Myrtle's believe.

I think Hogan has seen the direction of the MFC these past few months and the need to be fully committed (See J. Viney). As a result he's about to commit for 4-5 years, and is letting his folks know.  

• Like 9

I can't for the life of me understand why Hogan would leave what looks like the most promising batch of youth coming through, bar GWS and the Dogs, for a team that's just fallen off the cliff. He's spent 3 years enduring a rebuild about to flower, why on earth go back to endure another rebuild that has no guarantee whatsoever will deliver? 

Ross Lyon ain't known for youth and development, and Fremantle is a black hole as far as trading in big-name players from other clubs. It makes absolutely no sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SaberFang said:

I can't for the life of me understand why Hogan would leave what looks like the most promising batch of youth coming through, bar GWS and the Dogs, for a team that's just fallen off the cliff. He's spent 3 years enduring a rebuild about to flower, why on earth go back to endure another rebuild that has no guarantee whatsoever will deliver? 

Ross Lyon ain't known for youth and development, and Fremantle is a black hole as far as trading in big-name players from other clubs. It makes absolutely no sense.

With the points you made, you are right- it makes no sense.

wjat you didn't include was the draw of family, an intangible that depending on the individual is impossible to measure in dollars

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

You're kidding yourself.

If Weideman turns out to be 75% as good as Hogan (and his early VFL form would suggest he might be) then we won't have a huge problem going forward, provided we can keep the rest of our young guns. One gun key forward, one gun ruckman and a shitload of gun smalls has been the recipe to success for years. Two gun forwards is better than one but not the be all and end all. Of course nobody wants him to go but he's just one part of the puzzle. For what it's worth he's barely fired a shot in our wins this year (last quarter against Giants aside). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nutbean said:

The one thing I learned from the Scully debacle is I have plenty of time to get anxious/depressed/distraught if the worse case eventuates and he leaves.

As I know nothing and as know one else knows little more, until there is something concrete I will assume he is staying and enjoy the ride.

Further to this - I think I will no longer open this thread as reading at least 8 months of self flagellation is bound to bad for ones health...

• Like 2

I convinced myself that Scully would stay. Hell I brought a jumper with #31 on it after that infamous 'one club' player presser.

This time around Im not even going to let it bother me. I'm just going to enjoy watching footy this year and whatever happens happens. I think he seems like a loyal enough sort of guy, but you just don't know what outside factors could be at play here.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Moneider96 said:

You can tell he clearly misses Perth. You only have to look at his Instagram posts. Add to that family issues...and his [censored] attitude; I'm very confident that he'll be gone by the end of the year. Happy to be proven wrong. 

I'm very confident that you're a muppet that is assuming Hogan's intent through your own interpretation 

Can we split out the Hogan thread into two threads

1. For updates and discussion of his footy, form, fitness, etc...
  2. For trade news and general hand wringing, etc...

Please?

15 hours ago, Jesse Christ said:

I'm very confident that you're a muppet that is assuming Hogan's intent through your own interpretation 

No [censored] I'm assuming Hogan's intent through my own interpretation. So are you. It's called an opinion sweetheart. Here's an example of one:

''I'm a Dean Kent fan, and this is a totally unfounded comment which is just based off a feeling I have had for a while,  but I could see him leaving. 

Again,  no basis for this,  and it's merely just a hunch,  but for some reason I've never had the same confidence that he would stay as I have with someone like Watts and Hogan,  or Viney.''

Mind telling me who wrote that...?

Edited by Moneider96
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Moneider96 said:

No [censored] I'm assuming Hogan's intent through my own interpretation. So are you. It's called an opinion sweetheart. Here's an example of one:

''I'm a Dean Kent fan, and this is a totally unfounded comment which is just based off a feeling I have had for a while,  but I could see him leaving. 

Again,  no basis for this,  and it's merely just a hunch,  but for some reason I've never had the same confidence that he would stay as I have with someone like Watts and Hogan,  or Viney.''

?

Seems I planted this reply on Players for next match by mistake! 

However I feel Hogan is headed off home to talk to his family in person to discuss the contract issue , hopefully he follows Vineys lead in re-signing.. 

30 minutes ago, Moneider96 said:

That's probably fair. 

• Like 1

If Hogan left us, it would be a dumb move on his part.

We are surging forward with without him. I prefer with but I am confident we will find a way to win without him.

I found it a tad strange and thought he went to perth today for a few days. Got that wrong. The media are going to make it bigger than what it is. If he hasnt signed before the start of next season the scrutiny will be a whole lot worse next year.

If he does go can we blame Neeld for this, as he wanted him to the club and its like a final dagger in our heart if he does go home. Neelds final legacy. 

And another thing does anyone else get that awful feeling that it's just our luck that we finally get a great player and we will lose him and freo after missing out on so many players we will be the ones who lose out. 

If Jesse is homesick we cant stop him. Judd came home, Danger came home and we are seeing McCarthy now. 

I hope he stays. 

1 hour ago, Sylvia Saint said:

If Weideman turns out to be 75% as good as Hogan (and his early VFL form would suggest he might be) then we won't have a huge problem going forward, provided we can keep the rest of our young guns. One gun key forward, one gun ruckman and a shitload of gun smalls has been the recipe to success for years. Two gun forwards is better than one but not the be all and end all. Of course nobody wants him to go but he's just one part of the puzzle. For what it's worth he's barely fired a shot in our wins this year (last quarter against Giants aside). 

yeah but we haven't really needed him against these also-ran sides... his real value is that he could kick 6 in a final against the Hawks in 2018 and get us home

that's what's at stake, the ability to be true contenders

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DemonWA said:

I convinced myself that Scully would stay. Hell I brought a jumper with #31 on it after that infamous 'one club' player presser.

This time around Im not even going to let it bother me. I'm just going to enjoy watching footy this year and whatever happens happens. I think he seems like a loyal enough sort of guy, but you just don't know what outside factors could be at play here.

what nobody is talking about is the paper bag factor - everyone seems to think that money isn't part of the equation, on the assumption he will get as much with us as he will elsewhere. Well plenty of players have made a mockery of that idea through salary cap dodges, most famously by Chris Judd, who went to Carlton on the back of some blatently obvious misconduct that the AFL completely allowed to happen. Freo (or any of 16 other clubs who would all love to have him) could hatch any number of schemes to make it work, as the salary cap is a mirage

3 hours ago, PaulRB said:

I'd suggest the opposite of what the moaning Myrtle's believe.

I think Hogan has seen the direction of the MFC these past few months and the need to be fully committed (See J. Viney). As a result he's about to commit for 4-5 years, and is letting his folks know.  

I think he's simply visiting his sick father. It really can be that simple. And I reckon it is.

• Like 4

Out of all the factors discussed over the past 3-4 months, today is the first i've heard of his Dad being ill.

Firstly, is this true?  If so, in the politically correct world we live in, can I ask what actually is wrong with him and how serious is it?   Because surely this will be the biggest factor in him not signing and why Langdon is saying he would go home at the end of 2016 if he could.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY MUST THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you have issues

(with your shift key)

• Like 2