The Incredible Hulk - Jesse Hogan

McQueen

7 hours ago, Third Man Up said:

I firmly believe he is gone. A massive loss but no point worrying about it.

his father is ill and has been poorly for some time. Money can't compete with that. It was clear in his presser a month ago that the questioning on this topic made him uncomfortable. Only the people refusing to accept it couldnt see the way he mumbled those answers.

there is no advantage to him delaying the contract. The CBA excuse is baloney.

theres no way Melbourne havent offered massive coin and a long term so what else is there to discuss that is so far poles apart that it had to be postponed. 

Further to that, if MFC have offered everything they can and Jesse still postponed , we'll connect the dots guys. You would delay talks for a year over contractual technicalities.

hes gone,

I think the club also know he's gone but it was agreed by all parties to not announce it until the end of year. It's not in the clubs or jesses interests to play the year with that info public.

the line "delay till after season" has been used to get us to trade week where a deal will be done without the media drama of a season out committing to leave the MFC.

tjeres no way MFC haven't at this stage put their best offer forward. 

Thats the point that the "he's staying" camp conveniently gloss over

Him going to Perth probaly has nothing to do with the eventual decision. A distraction from the real considerations.

With the points you made, you are right- it makes no sense.

wjat you didn't include was the draw of family, an intangible that depending on the individual is impossible to measure in dollars

6 hours ago, Third Man Up said:

?

59 minutes ago, Third Man Up said:

"It's not my thought process at all. It's not really a money thing, it's just (about) where I want to be."

gone

So what you're saying is, you think he's gone.....?

• Like 5

As much as I would love him to stay, if Jessie does decide to leave it should be at the end of this season. We would receive very good compensation in the order of Freo's 1st round pick which at this stage is looking top 3 and their 1st round pick in 2017. Also the club would want a player as well. Which player? I don't know but he would need to be young (which is rare on their list). 

We can then on-trade these picks to persuade a potential available star like Hurley or Jenkins to come to us. End result wouldn't necessarily be too bad.

Generally a club that loses a star player does not lose out and in fact in a lot of cases becomes the clear winner.

Edited by djr

According to the morning radio over here Fremantle have offered $15mil over 10 years and he was here to discuss it. 

Firstly wasn't that deal something that Jono Brown threw out there as a suggestion of what it would take Fremantle to get Hogan? Secondly, why would he fly here to discuss the deal in person? Thirdly, I was of the belief clubs can't talk to other clubs players during the season regarding trades/contracts (I understand this probably does happen but you'd think if it were the case it wouldn't have been done so overtly). 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

According to the morning radio over here Fremantle have offered $15mil over 10 years and he was here to discuss it. 

Firstly wasn't that deal something that Jono Brown threw out there as a suggestion of what it would take Fremantle to get Hogan? Secondly, why would he fly here to discuss the deal in person? Thirdly, I was of the belief clubs can't talk to other clubs players during the season regarding trades/contracts (I understand this probably does happen but you'd think if it were the case it wouldn't have been done so overtly). 

Exactly right on both fronts.

Lazy journalism.

• Like 3

Long flight/flights Gold Coast to Perth, wouldn't want to be doing that or similar every other week. I think Jessie would be quite aware that long flights and long careers don't go hand in hand. Perhaps letting him go home this week is wise. Don't worry, it doesn't help. I think he will stay.

2 minutes ago, ManDee said:

Long flight/flights Gold Coast to Perth, wouldn't want to be doing that or similar every other week. I think Jessie would be quite aware that long flights and long careers don't go hand in hand. Perhaps letting him go home this week is wise. Don't worry, it doesn't help. I think he will stay.

Well, he'll have certainly been tested in the space of less than a week this week then. 

Melb to GC

GC to Melb

Melb to Perth

Perth to Melb

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeeMfc said:

Well, he'll have certainly been tested in the space of less than a week this week then. 

Melb to GC

GC to Melb

Melb to Perth

Perth to Melb

My point exactly.

Edit: Roos and co playing the long game?

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Curry & Beer said:

what nobody is talking about is the paper bag factor - everyone seems to think that money isn't part of the equation, on the assumption he will get as much with us as he will elsewhere. Well plenty of players have made a mockery of that idea through salary cap dodges, most famously by Chris Judd, who went to Carlton on the back of some blatently obvious misconduct that the AFL completely allowed to happen. Freo (or any of 16 other clubs who would all love to have him) could hatch any number of schemes to make it work, as the salary cap is a mirage

Read this. Only a fool would believe it doesn't happen in AFL.  Freo have some big mining magnates backing them who can deliver a dump truck full of cash.  I don't think we have those heavyweight supporters.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/rugby-leagues-dirty-secret-confessions-of

2 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Read this. Only a fool would believe it doesn't happen in AFL.  Freo have some big mining magnates backing them who can deliver a dump truck full of cash.  I don't think we have those heavyweight supporters.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/rugby-leagues-dirty-secret-confessions-of

Is that linking to the correct article?

10 hours ago, PaulRB said:

I'd suggest the opposite of what the moaning Myrtle's believe.

I think Hogan has seen the direction of the MFC these past few months and the need to be fully committed (See J. Viney). As a result he's about to commit for 4-5 years, and is letting his folks know.  

For your heresies you are hereby outcast from the Nervous Nellies and Chicken Littles Society (A Wholly Owned Subsidiary of the MFCSS Society).

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Is that linking to the correct article?

You might have to google "rugby league confessions". Should come up at top of the news page.

Edited by america de cali

1 hour ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Wouldn't be Karl "worst CHF since Craig Starcevic" Langdon doing the talking would it? He's now got a vested interest in Hogan leaving.

Orrr... this week was penciled in at the beginning of the season as an opportunity to send Jessie home as we were playing a Saturday afternoon game and a late Sunday afternoon the following week.

Some of the hand wringing on this forum is a site to behold.

• Like 7

And I'm going to agree with someone who posted here earlier. Hogan is a competitive animal who wants nothing more than to kick a bag on Grand Final day on a winning team. He'll look around him and see Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver, Weideman, Harmes, Viney, Jones, Kent, Garlett and a whole host of others and see the opportunity.

I don't think he'll sign a 10 year deal, but a 4 - 5 year deal where he gives himself the opportunity to go home for the back end of his career is extremely likely. The most likely scenario in my opinion.

And for those who say his old man is crook and that trumps all... I've seen no verifiable report of that. I've also heard that his family want him to stay in Melbourne. So, really, people will believe what they want to believe.

• Like 7

Just now, watchtheeyes said:

Orrr... this week was penciled in at the beginning of the season as an opportunity to send Jessie home as we were playing a Saturday afternoon game and a late Sunday afternoon the following week.

Some of the hand wringing on this forum is a site to behold.

Of course this was it.  The club organised it and knew all about it. 

That logic doesn't stop some from losing the plot though.

• Like 2

Jesse is one of the more loyal guys you're likely to meet, i would be absolutely shocked if he is talking to Fremantle at all, i have no doubt they'd be chatting to his manager but meeting them in seasons with a year and a half to go on his contract is just crazy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Of course this was it.  The club organised it and knew all about it. 

That logic doesn't stop some from losing the plot though.

I see it now. The MFC wants him to go to Freo!

That's why Roos is leaving. To take up the reins at Freo.

That's why Lyon is deliberately losing those games. So Freo can sack him to clear the path for Roos and Hogan.

This is all the work of umpire Pannell. I see it now.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

Wouldn't be Karl "worst CHF since Craig Starcevic" Langdon doing the talking would it? He's now got a vested interest in Hogan leaving.

It wasn't Karl this time. It was during the hourly news bulletin, almost like it was breaking news.