Jump to content

The Incredible Hulk - Jesse Hogan


McQueen

Recommended Posts

Of course he's going to say it's not about the money- who, in their right mind, would say to the media: 'My next contract is gonna all be about the money.'

The media line that every player has given for the past month is 'the MFC is a great place to be.' That's the current PR focus of the club.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh dear just finished pages of the usual craziness.

What is missing in the media stories is the insiders saying "he will go" to the contrary they dont think he will. That suggests to me he is not in the category of those who did go.

We had an 8 day break and let him have a break, sounds like good management to me and doesn't look like a nervous club. More imporatantly unless I have missed something recently we are winning games not solely based on him which is terrific. We have a future which is clear to see and it will be dificult to walk away from that.

In my opinion unless there are strong personal reasons to go he will stay.

On another topic whilst Prestia is on the ground he is someone we would want I am concerned at the number of injuries he gets. However our recruiters are not putting a foot wrong at the moment.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Robbie57 said:

Oh dear just finished pages of the usual craziness.

What is missing in the media stories is the insiders saying "he will go" to the contrary they dont think he will. That suggests to me he is not in the category of those who did go.

We had an 8 day break and let him have a break, sounds like good management to me and doesn't look like a nervous club. More imporatantly unless I have missed something recently we are winning games not solely based on him which is terrific. We have a future which is clear to see and it will be dificult to walk away from that.

In my opinion unless there are strong personal reasons to go he will stay.

On another topic whilst Prestia is on the ground he is someone we would want I am concerned at the number of injuries he gets. However our recruiters are not putting a foot wrong at the moment.

Agreed.

Even bigfooty of all places wasn't discussing it last night while Demonland burned.

We seem to be the only ones freaking out about this.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is pretty simple really.  The MFC is doing the right thing by letting the kid go home to see family.  It is called 'management'.  So the conspiracy theorists can hypothesise as much as they like.  I will only believe he's gone, when he's gone, otherwise, he remains a loyal Demon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In a typical pre-show meeting to discuss the impending show's agenda Jono Brown says he's going to throw up a potential deal Freo could use to entice Hogan back home to WA.  "Good one, Browny.  We'll go with it."

In the 24 hour news cycle that follows it gets saturated air time.  The fact they opined it to be an unlikely scenario escaped attention. 

Meanwhile, in a pre-scheduled family visit to WA Hogan spends time with family and friends.  The club has always been good to him like that.

Nek minnit it's reported on a radio news segment Freo has offered "Melbourne's Jesse Hogan $15 mil over 10 years".  It's also discussed ad nauseum on social forums and television programs.  Less cognitive thinkers start pondering the unthinkable.  They convince themselves Hogan will leave the Melbourne Football Club. 

Some posters exhibit the type of flatulence that would make an old Clydesdale proud.

 

Edited by ProDee
Poster Abuse removed.
  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder how many pages ? :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I back the MFC to secure Hogan and develop a great future at the club. In saying that however, I also am backing the clubs stance to not pay overs for him which we have seen in the past destroy the list of teams.

Roos has said it before, you don't build a list around one player and you certainly don't throw massive overs for someone when it will throw out a disturbance through the balance of your playing list. You build a premiership side around a collective group, not just one player. The Crows are doing that with Jenkins, sticking firm with the amount they have offered him, take it or leave it policy.

At the start of the year I'll admit, I hoped the club threw MASSIVE dollars at Hogan to secure him. I thought losing him would be like losing a pet, shattered and left heart-broken. I would miss Hogan undoubtedly, but after witnessing the way we are playing - I am more comfortable in our future with or without Jesse Hogan. The amount of goal kickers we had against Gold Coast was amazing, including games like North Melbourne and GWS. Look at the way top teams do this with the likes of Hawthorn and Sydney before Franklin. You don't rely on one player to kick a bag to win games. You rely on a collective core.

If Hogan does request a trade, and Fremantle offer big bucks, the quality we will get in return will be just as promising and helpful for our future in developing a strong healthy list with depth who will all play a part. 

Go Dees.

Edited by juzzk1d
Link to comment
Share on other sites


30 minutes ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Of course he's going to say it's not about the money- who, in their right mind, would say to the media: 'My next contract is gonna all be about the money.'

The media line that every player has given for the past month is 'the MFC is a great place to be.' That's the current PR focus of the club.

This is why the phrase 'family reasons' exists

A total copout to hide the truth that everyone knows anyway

Then you have brown paper bags which everyone pretends don't exist either

The whole thing is farce

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

This is pretty simple really.  The MFC is doing the right thing by letting the kid go home to see family.  It is called 'management'.  So the conspiracy theorists can hypothesise as much as they like.  I will only believe he's gone, when he's gone, otherwise, he remains a loyal Demon.

how can you call it a 'conspiracy theory' in light of Scully, Judd, Ablett, Franklin and Dangerfield ALL doing the dirty on their clubs after 'contract talks were put on hold'

it is actually the norm now for players to just ship out whenever they feel like it, for their own selfish reasons, usually financial

conspiracy theory fmd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, juzzk1d said:

I back the MFC to secure Hogan and develop a great future at the club. In saying that however, I also am backing the clubs stance to not pay overs for him which we have seen in the past destroy the list of teams.

Roos has said it before, you don't build a list around one player and you certainly don't throw massive overs for someone when it will throw out a disturbance through the balance of your playing list. You build a premiership side around a collective group, not just one player. The Crows are doing that with Jenkins, sticking firm with the amount they have offered him, take it or leave it policy.

At the start of the year I'll admit, I hoped the club threw MASSIVE dollars at Hogan to secure him. I thought losing him would be like losing a pet, shattered and left heart-broken. I would miss Hogan undoubtedly, but after witnessing the way we are playing - I am more comfortable in our future with our without Jesse Hogan. The amount of goal kickers we had against Gold Coast was amazing, including games like North Melbourne and GWS. Look at the way top teams do this with the likes of Hawthorn and Sydney before Franklin. You don't rely on one player to kick a bag to win games. You rely on a collective core.

If Hogan does request a trade, and Fremantle offer big bucks. The quality we will get in return will be just as promising and helpful for our future in developing a strong healthy list with depth who will all play a part. 

Go Dees.

Sense & reason.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

how can you call it a 'conspiracy theory' in light of Scully, Judd, Ablett, Franklin and Dangerfield ALL doing the dirty on their clubs after 'contract talks were put on hold'

it is actually the norm now for players to just ship out whenever they feel like it, for their own selfish reasons, usually financial

conspiracy theory fmd

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pondering all of this reminds me a little of this style of Math's problem √1= ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Pondering all of this reminds me a little of this style of Math's problem √1= ?

42?

 

Ref. Douglas Adams

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, daisycutter said:

nah....its x

220px-Answer_to_Life.png

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ManDee said:

42?

 

Ref. Douglas Adams

thats just the answer to life....  

the question i posed has a duality of solutions, both equally valid and can be applied successfully to the known situation.

What happens/is happening with Hogan is known to Hogan and maybe the club.  What I think/say,  irrelevant.

My thinking does go to the idea...it wont matter in the big picture for us. He stays/he goes...whatever . The machine that is NOW the MFC will find a new cog, change gears  and put the pedal to the metal...irregardless

He's only one player...they are ALL only one player.  As Roos  suggest hes never met a player that alone can beat 22.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

thats just the answer to life....  

the question i posed has a duality of solutions, both equally valid and can be applied successfully to the known situation.

So he's kind of like a Schroedinger's Hogan?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 27

    VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 31

    POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 280

    GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884

    WARNING by William from Waalitj

    As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 22

    OVER YET? by KC from Casey

    The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter. I suppose that since the game had to produce a result (a tie would have done the game some justice), the four points that went to Casey with the win, were fully justified because they went to the best team. In that respect, my opinion is based on the fact that the Blues were a lopsided combination that had

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    CENTIMETRES by Whispering Jack

    Our game is one where the result is often decided by centimetres; the touch of a fingernail, a split-second decision made by a player or official, the angle of vision or the random movement of an oblong ball in flight or in its bounce and trajectory. There is one habit that Melbourne seems to have developed of late in its games against Carlton which is that the Demons keep finding themselves on the wrong end of the stick in terms of the fine line in close games at times when centimetres mak

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    The Demons have a 10 day break before they head on the road to Perth to take on the West Coast Eagles at Optus Stadium on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 527

    PODCAST: Rd 09 vs Carlton

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Sunday, 12th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Blues in the Round 09. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE:

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 30
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...