The Incredible Hulk - Jesse Hogan

McQueen

Of course he's going to say it's not about the money- who, in their right mind, would say to the media: 'My next contract is gonna all be about the money.'

The media line that every player has given for the past month is 'the MFC is a great place to be.' That's the current PR focus of the club.

• Like 2

Oh dear just finished pages of the usual craziness.

What is missing in the media stories is the insiders saying "he will go" to the contrary they dont think he will. That suggests to me he is not in the category of those who did go.

We had an 8 day break and let him have a break, sounds like good management to me and doesn't look like a nervous club. More imporatantly unless I have missed something recently we are winning games not solely based on him which is terrific. We have a future which is clear to see and it will be dificult to walk away from that.

In my opinion unless there are strong personal reasons to go he will stay.

On another topic whilst Prestia is on the ground he is someone we would want I am concerned at the number of injuries he gets. However our recruiters are not putting a foot wrong at the moment.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Robbie57 said:

Oh dear just finished pages of the usual craziness.

What is missing in the media stories is the insiders saying "he will go" to the contrary they dont think he will. That suggests to me he is not in the category of those who did go.

We had an 8 day break and let him have a break, sounds like good management to me and doesn't look like a nervous club. More imporatantly unless I have missed something recently we are winning games not solely based on him which is terrific. We have a future which is clear to see and it will be dificult to walk away from that.

In my opinion unless there are strong personal reasons to go he will stay.

On another topic whilst Prestia is on the ground he is someone we would want I am concerned at the number of injuries he gets. However our recruiters are not putting a foot wrong at the moment.

Agreed.

Even bigfooty of all places wasn't discussing it last night while Demonland burned.

We seem to be the only ones freaking out about this.

This is pretty simple really.  The MFC is doing the right thing by letting the kid go home to see family.  It is called 'management'.  So the conspiracy theorists can hypothesise as much as they like.  I will only believe he's gone, when he's gone, otherwise, he remains a loyal Demon.

• Like 1

In a typical pre-show meeting to discuss the impending show's agenda Jono Brown says he's going to throw up a potential deal Freo could use to entice Hogan back home to WA.  "Good one, Browny.  We'll go with it."

In the 24 hour news cycle that follows it gets saturated air time.  The fact they opined it to be an unlikely scenario escaped attention. 

Meanwhile, in a pre-scheduled family visit to WA Hogan spends time with family and friends.  The club has always been good to him like that.

Nek minnit it's reported on a radio news segment Freo has offered "Melbourne's Jesse Hogan $15 mil over 10 years".  It's also discussed ad nauseum on social forums and television programs.  Less cognitive thinkers start pondering the unthinkable.  They convince themselves Hogan will leave the Melbourne Football Club. 

Some posters exhibit the type of flatulence that would make an old Clydesdale proud.

Edited by ProDee
Poster Abuse removed.
  • Like 16

I wonder how many pages ? :rolleyes:

I back the MFC to secure Hogan and develop a great future at the club. In saying that however, I also am backing the clubs stance to not pay overs for him which we have seen in the past destroy the list of teams.

Roos has said it before, you don't build a list around one player and you certainly don't throw massive overs for someone when it will throw out a disturbance through the balance of your playing list. You build a premiership side around a collective group, not just one player. The Crows are doing that with Jenkins, sticking firm with the amount they have offered him, take it or leave it policy.

At the start of the year I'll admit, I hoped the club threw MASSIVE dollars at Hogan to secure him. I thought losing him would be like losing a pet, shattered and left heart-broken. I would miss Hogan undoubtedly, but after witnessing the way we are playing - I am more comfortable in our future with or without Jesse Hogan. The amount of goal kickers we had against Gold Coast was amazing, including games like North Melbourne and GWS. Look at the way top teams do this with the likes of Hawthorn and Sydney before Franklin. You don't rely on one player to kick a bag to win games. You rely on a collective core.

If Hogan does request a trade, and Fremantle offer big bucks, the quality we will get in return will be just as promising and helpful for our future in developing a strong healthy list with depth who will all play a part. 

Go Dees.

Edited by juzzk1d

30 minutes ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Of course he's going to say it's not about the money- who, in their right mind, would say to the media: 'My next contract is gonna all be about the money.'

The media line that every player has given for the past month is 'the MFC is a great place to be.' That's the current PR focus of the club.

This is why the phrase 'family reasons' exists

A total copout to hide the truth that everyone knows anyway

Then you have brown paper bags which everyone pretends don't exist either

The whole thing is farce

20 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

This is pretty simple really.  The MFC is doing the right thing by letting the kid go home to see family.  It is called 'management'.  So the conspiracy theorists can hypothesise as much as they like.  I will only believe he's gone, when he's gone, otherwise, he remains a loyal Demon.

how can you call it a 'conspiracy theory' in light of Scully, Judd, Ablett, Franklin and Dangerfield ALL doing the dirty on their clubs after 'contract talks were put on hold'

it is actually the norm now for players to just ship out whenever they feel like it, for their own selfish reasons, usually financial

conspiracy theory fmd

4 minutes ago, juzzk1d said:

I back the MFC to secure Hogan and develop a great future at the club. In saying that however, I also am backing the clubs stance to not pay overs for him which we have seen in the past destroy the list of teams.

Roos has said it before, you don't build a list around one player and you certainly don't throw massive overs for someone when it will throw out a disturbance through the balance of your playing list. You build a premiership side around a collective group, not just one player. The Crows are doing that with Jenkins, sticking firm with the amount they have offered him, take it or leave it policy.

At the start of the year I'll admit, I hoped the club threw MASSIVE dollars at Hogan to secure him. I thought losing him would be like losing a pet, shattered and left heart-broken. I would miss Hogan undoubtedly, but after witnessing the way we are playing - I am more comfortable in our future with our without Jesse Hogan. The amount of goal kickers we had against Gold Coast was amazing, including games like North Melbourne and GWS. Look at the way top teams do this with the likes of Hawthorn and Sydney before Franklin. You don't rely on one player to kick a bag to win games. You rely on a collective core.

If Hogan does request a trade, and Fremantle offer big bucks. The quality we will get in return will be just as promising and helpful for our future in developing a strong healthy list with depth who will all play a part. 

Go Dees.

Sense & reason.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

how can you call it a 'conspiracy theory' in light of Scully, Judd, Ablett, Franklin and Dangerfield ALL doing the dirty on their clubs after 'contract talks were put on hold'

it is actually the norm now for players to just ship out whenever they feel like it, for their own selfish reasons, usually financial

conspiracy theory fmd

Pondering all of this reminds me a little of this style of Math's problem √1= ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Pondering all of this reminds me a little of this style of Math's problem √1= ?

42?

Ref. Douglas Adams

• Like 2

1 minute ago, daisycutter said:

nah....its x

220px-Answer_to_Life.png

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything.

• Like 4

Just now, ManDee said:

42?

Ref. Douglas Adams

thats just the answer to life....  

the question i posed has a duality of solutions, both equally valid and can be applied successfully to the known situation.

What happens/is happening with Hogan is known to Hogan and maybe the club.  What I think/say,  irrelevant.

My thinking does go to the idea...it wont matter in the big picture for us. He stays/he goes...whatever . The machine that is NOW the MFC will find a new cog, change gears  and put the pedal to the metal...irregardless

He's only one player...they are ALL only one player.  As Roos  suggest hes never met a player that alone can beat 22.

20 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

thats just the answer to life....  

the question i posed has a duality of solutions, both equally valid and can be applied successfully to the known situation.

So he's kind of like a Schroedinger's Hogan?

• Like 1