The Incredible Hulk - Jesse Hogan

McQueen

Just now, Curry & Beer said:

ok sorry for saying 1. I forgot the level of pedantry that goes on around here and the inability to detect hyperbole I'll go with DA's huge quantity of 4 out of several hundred - and obviously it doesn't matter for the majority of others where there is no question of some go home factor. I mean seriously, comparing Oliver to Hogan? What he's a chance of returning to his town of population 1000 to play on the ball there is he? You know DAMN WELL there is a REASON it makes the news when Hogan does it because for most others it is not an issue, so stop playing dumb, as natural as it may come to you

" Even Roos mentioned it " oh you should have said that in the first place, now I'm convinced. FMD.

the problem is deep down you know what's going to happen and you're finding it very painful to deal with. Don't take it out on me

Now you even know how I'm feeling, deep down, apparently.  You know what all the clubs are doing with their players in their welfare program and I'm also playing dumb (although I'd be careful, Curry, that after a month off you would already be resorting to insulting posters.  I won't dob you in though like you've done to others, like me, before.)

I believe this is nothing, you believe the world is caving in.  Go for it and let's leave it at that.

Just now, Curry & Beer said:

so I'm supposed to cop this am I moderators

Sorry C&B, I was cheekily playing with the potential ramifications that your alias implies.  I'd assume a vinadaloo and a stout may produce said results. It was never intended as a character assassination. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Curry & Beer said:

yeah yeah relax

i will be bumping this one when the day comes and you can apologise then

I'm not sure what I'll need to apologise for, just letting you know that players around the league go home from time to time. 

But if the time comes that he leaves, and it makes you feel better, I'll happily apologise. 

• Like 1

I have always said right from the start that i think Hogan will leave to go home eventually in the future. He loves Perth and is close to his family. His father is also pretty ill and i know thats affected him this year.

BUT people need to relax because him going home during the year is something the Football club has been doing since 2013. They do this to all our interstate boys. Club has been a big advocate on this hence why we rarely lose any interstate players to the 'Go home factor'

The Anzac long weekend the club sent Oliver back to Mooroopna to spend it with his folks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I have always said right from the start that i think Hogan will leave to go home eventually in the future. He loves Perth and is close to his family. His father is also pretty ill and i know thats affected him this year.

BUT people need to relax because him going home during the year is something the Football club has been doing since 2013. They do this to all our interstate boys. Club has been a big advocate on this hence why we rarely lose any interstate players to the 'Go home factor'

The Anzac long weekend the club sent Oliver back to Mooroopna to spend it with his folks.

it's obviously not the same thing though is it. Nobody is concerned Oliver will leave us for Mooroopna FC. So it's not even a thing worth saying is it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scythe said:

Out of curiosity, does this mean he's not playing this week? Seems an awful lot of travel to go Gold Coast -> Perth -> Melbourne.

Dislocated his finger during the gc match so would be a chance to miss any way.

Just now, Garbo said:

Dislocated his finger during the gc match so would be a chance to miss any way.

Deleted the post upon noting this in the article on the AFL website:

"Me and my brother went down to Lancelin yesterday and took the long boards out and got in the water. So that was good. Just a bit of a little bit of a freshen-up. I'll play this week, so all good."

21 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

It's like banging your head against a wall with Curry.  You gave more than one example, yet you've somehow proven his point.  The steam will be coming out of his ears in a minute...

Me and the Cuzzy Bee go way back. He's alright. He wears his emotions on his keyboard. Comes across over the top at times but I've always had time for him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

it's obviously not the same thing though is it. Nobody is concerned Oliver will leave us for Mooroopna FC. So it's not even a thing worth saying is it.

Yes it is worth mentioning because its proof just how good our club manages our young players and the culture we are building.

Be proud of the club for once in the way we look after our young talent. 

Its stuff like this the club does that will build that bond and relationship and players wanting to stay.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 4

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

Yes it is worth mentioning because its proof just good our club manages our young players and the culture we are building.

Be proud of the club for once in the way we look after our young talent. 

Its stuff like this the club does that will build that bond and relationship and players wanting to stay.

Assuming he is fit to play this weekend, it is hard to believe they would allow him to fly around so much and interfere with his preparation. That suggests that an exception is being made for him, which in itself is not good.

• Like 1

Assuming he is fit to play this weekend, it is hard to believe they would allow him to fly around so much and interfere with his preparation. That suggests that an exception is being made for him, which in itself is not good.

Yet what if that's one of the factors that keeps him happy and he re-signs?

Even if he goes you'll know you've got a club that is doing what it can to keep its players happy. 

It's not all doom and gloom. 

• Like 1

I think he's gone home to discuss a very big decision with his family...

It may all be coming to a head.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

Yet what if that's one of the factors that keeps him happy and he re-signs?

Even if he goes you'll know you've got a club that is doing what it can to keep its players happy. 

It's not all doom and gloom. 

Some questions for you to ponder: what if he plays a shocker this week because he is not properly prepared and it costs us the game? With all the effort that goes into conditioning the players... do you think that is good practice for the club to be engaged with? Bowing down to the needs of an individual at the expense of the side? Does that sound like typical Roos behaviour? Is it good culture to have star players calling the shots or should they be subservient to the bigger system? Like I said from the start, there is something unusual going on here, which is not good, simple as that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

I think he's gone home to discuss a very big decision with his family...

It may all be coming to a head.

interesting perspective

one thing that gives me hope is the fact Viney signed up big yesterday. Maybe provided a bit of inspiration?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

That said, the Clay family, of one town over, may be trying to tempt him over to Richmond. Never underestimate the power of regional legends. Hang on, I think Gary Lyon was from the same town as Dick Clay, no problems.

Oh! Wait, did he play for Lemnos (the swans jumper) or Mooroopna (Geelong jumper)? The affiliation with local team jumpers may sway also him. 

Curse this damn world and its temptations!!!! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

The only solution here is to move the whole club to Perth.

I'll second that solution.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

Some questions for you to ponder: what if he plays a shocker this week because he is not properly prepared and it costs us the game? With all the effort that goes into conditioning the players... do you think that is good practice for the club to be engaged with? Bowing down to the needs of an individual at the expense of the side? Does that sound like typical Roos behaviour? Is it good culture to have star players calling the shots or should they be subservient to the bigger system? Like I said from the start, there is something unusual going on here, which is not good, simple as that.

Good points and I have already pondered them. Richmond have been letting Martin visit old mate in NZ, and apart from 3qts last week his form has been dog [censored]. I wouldn't be happy with that, but different circumstances. 

If Jesse's dad is sick then he had to go. A friend told me it was a scheduled visit so I'm not sure which story is true. 

If he plays, and plays badly I won't be happy, but I'm still content with the club looking after its young players. It's a conondrum. 

• Like 2

Club would have given him a program to tick off while in Perth whether its a gym session or light run. Take into account that its an 8 day break and our main Training session isn't till friday morning. 

Its not the players calling the shots Curry its Roos Goody and PJ who are calling these shots. Billy Stretch also went back home to SA after the game on Sat night mate.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, McQueen said:

I don't know whether you guys got the segment in Vic but I just watched it here in Perf.

Said that his contract is not about money but rather team success,

WHO said that it's about team success?